Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

^ is that including the pre-orders?

I already have two pair of Alden boots so I just took the same size.

@ Edmond, I pm'd you also concerning the Viberg boots

I know Leathersoul is releasing another run of those cordovan PTB boots with same soles as the Roy boots but since I just bought a pair of cordovan boots + i don't own any chromexcel leather boots, I decided to go for the Roy boots ( it also helps that they are more affordable)

btw not my taste but take a look at these 'denim' boots from Fullcount

6693.jpg

6693-7.jpg

6693-2.jpg

I bought the last Roy 11D from the current batch weeks ago. Unfortunately they were with GQ magazine who are ignoring all attempts by Sam to contact them (he has been excellent - GQ magazine obviously don't give a shit about customers. Crap magazine anyway.)

As you can probably tell I'm pretty pissed off.

I just hope they fit when and if I get em - I'm an 11D in GT's and I believe the sizings the same.

I am assuming that if I wear a 8D in alden indys I would also wear an 8D in the Roy boots?

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a pair of boots for the winter and I'm having a really hard time deciding.

My main problem is I live in Toronto, so its really difficult to try things on because I can't find them in the city. For example the closest Alden dealer is 2-3 hours away in another city.

I was looking at something semi-dress. The main boots I'm interested in is the Red Wing GT, Alden Indy, or White's SD.

So here is where my concern is, I'm tall-ish (5,11) and pretty skinny (140) and most of my jeans and clothes are pretty slim (APC NS, Skull 5010, Flathead 3001) so without trying the shoes on I have no idea how my silhouette will look like.

I'm not exactly stuck on semi-dress either, I'm willing to look into other styles of boot if you think they might look good!

I usually dress pretty casual, jeans, chucks, a nice button down or some layers (knits, pullovers, hoodies)

Can anyone recommend me anything or give me any advice?

Akr - I', in a very similar boat as you and have had a pair of 405s forever now. Don't worry about the silhouette - the boots always look good, I've been wearing them with a pair of KMW rockers and they still look great.

if you're looking for something semi-dress, i would go for the indy's, they'll go better with yours jeans. they're not as rugged as the GT's and SD's. they're real work boots, and usually look better with fuller cut jeans than the ones you mentioned as well

2674937290103229713S425x425Q85.jpg

2338668840103229713S425x425Q85.jpg

2303732380103229713S425x425Q85.jpg

2859854210103229713S425x425Q85.jpg

new RW 877s. I have a question though, it's been raining alot lately, do I need to use a waterproofer before wearing them in the rain, or will they be ok? I've been waiting all week to wear them, but worried that they will get water marks.

new RW 877s. I have a question though, it's been raining alot lately, do I need to use a waterproofer before wearing them in the rain, or will they be ok? I've been waiting all week to wear them, but worried that they will get water marks.

the leather used on the 875s and 877s is inherently oily and is waterproof by itself. you just need to use obenauf's LP or something like that to keep them oily. you should be ok wearing them in the rain.

Just remember that they're inherently work boots, not to be "babied". You basically beat the shit out of it and then baby it for a few minutes with oiling and then repeat the process.

Just remember that they're inherently work boots, not to be "babied". You basically beat the shit out of it and then baby it for a few minutes with oiling and then repeat the process.

I was going to say something like this...go beat 'em up. They are work boots.

i'm almost glad that they don't make the roy boots in a 10.5-11 E width b/c i'd be one broke muhfukka right now.

Co-Sign...I was let down when I saw they didn't have an 11E but whatever...It's money in my pocket...

Are the Context Roy boots still available or are they sold out? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a pair of 10Ds, but sometimes when I click on the pages it's labelled as 'sold out' and there's only a pair of 13s left, and then when I refresh the page the majority of the sizes are displayed as available and the 'sold out' shit is gone. When I add it to my cart, it adds as if it's in stock. Is this just a website error or wha?

call up context and ask, they usually have a backlog, and I doubt they have a pair of 10's laying around, but they'll do a special order for you. probably take a couple months though.

Are the Context Roy boots still available or are they sold out? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a pair of 10Ds, but sometimes when I click on the pages it's labelled as 'sold out' and there's only a pair of 13s left, and then when I refresh the page the majority of the sizes are displayed as available and the 'sold out' shit is gone. When I add it to my cart, it adds as if it's in stock. Is this just a website error or wha?

When you can add them to your cart add them, then pay for them as usual. If they are sold out then Context will refund your money.

I just contacted Context and they said they're not sure why it shows up like that, for anyone who's experiencing the same difficulty. Excited to get them, they look like great boots. Kinda' bummed that they don't ship until after winter though. Oh well.