Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

alden 405 update :

I had to give my 405s their first real polish last week after I scratched them real bad and needed to fill the color in. I ended up losing the white on the moc toe stitching, which I am really starting to like.

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

I've been wearing them pretty heavily since late October, and I was treating them with Obenauf's lp whenever they looked like they needed it. I'm really happy with how they're aging.

alden 405 update :

I had to give my 405s their first real polish last week after I scratched them real bad and needed to fill the color in. I ended up losing the white on the moc toe stitching, which I am really starting to like.

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

I've been wearing them pretty heavily since late October, and I was treating them with Obenauf's lp whenever they looked like they needed it. I'm really happy with how they're aging.

Beautiful! Those have aged so much. Was it the polish that darkened them that much? The look so Maroon.

thanks for the rep and compliments everyone

the polish did darken them a lot, but they had also been significantly darkened by the obenauf's lp. the polish i used was kiwi brown, for those that are curious.

very nice!

They almost look as dark ultimate indys..

where they the standard orange when you started?

paging airfrogusmc!

i was poking around on flickr and found these

2419822294_530ccef26f.jpg?v=0

I had always seen these on google and thought "that is an awesome pair of 405s!" on this flickr account they are listed "alden-indy-airfrogusmc"

are these really yours?

if so, bravo. they are my favorite pair i've seen.

sorry for double post

Nice hybrid-looking redwings. Kind of a work/desert half-breed looking thing. I think they're sharp.

-Jake

I got my usual size (13EE) and they seem to fit pretty true to size, if a bit snug. Ed - if you go to their website they have instructions on how to measure your feet (just like whites) so you can get them to fit your feet exactlty.

hi guys

on wesco jobmasters do i get the same size as my white's? or what?

Eddie-

I've got a broken in pair of Jobmasters in 9D in RedWood with your name on them!! PM me for a price....

got some boots in :

Nice, interesting cut on them. My boots as of now, Building a small collection it seems.

The Fryes haven't gotten much use, maybe worn them 12 times in the year and a half I've had them. Bought them on an impulse and they were on sale for 130 from 200, and they're almost never on sale. 877s I've been wearing almost everyday for 3 weeks, 8111s I wear when it's not icy since the soles are flat and super dangerous in snow/ice. Haven't gotten to wear the GTs yet because I'm waiting until after my foot surgery. Lowas are for camping, 2263s are for construction/electrical work, 6680s are my paramedic boots.

8111/Iron Ranger

9014/Gentleman Traveler (haven't worn yet :()

img2285sh2.jpg

Frye 12" Classic Harness (top left)

Lowa hiking (top right)

RW 2263 Steel toe (bottom left)

RW 6680 (work/EMT boot, bottom right)

img2287mc4.jpg

at least you sold them, If i remember correctly they'd been on the market for quite a while.

I'm gonna have to sell my red wing GTs. I also feel empty inside; but times are tough for a recent graduate. So they gotta go.

I'll put the GTs up on ebay in a couple of weeks, but if anyone is interested in a 9014 red wing GT size 9.5, send me a PM - I would like to give folks that frequent this thread a head start.

nice collection btw 35percent.

Not so long, about 2 weeks. Denim phenoms took 6 months to sell for some reason... I want to get another pair sooner rather than later.

I might as well check here, anyone have White's semi-dress in 9E they want to get rid of?

oh, well never mind then. Good luck finding some new ones.