Levi's Vintage Clothing

somehow i knew it would be you who answered airfrog haha. thanks, how much fuller though? compared to a 55?

Well the ones I had were probably comparable to the 55s as far as cut and fit. I never cared that much for mine (personal preference) and sold them a few years back. I like the 55s better. Maybe it was because they were from the 03 LVC line before the flannel muti colered pockets which I don't think 03 was one of their better years. The denim was very nice. Did this answer you question?

• 1 month later...
As far as bells go there are 517 Flare, 646 Bell, and 684 Super Bells. I like 646s a lot. A ot of people get really offended by bells, but if they are tight as hell up top and long and wide with serious drags, they are fine by me.

So I take it $49.99 is a good price considering they retail for $250

When was the last single-needle arcuate?

1939 ish, I think. The arcuate was replaced with a painted one around 1940-1946, and when it came back it was the double needle one we know today.

Someone who was involved in early LVC told me the change wasn't just because they used double-needle machines, they changed the jig on which the arcuate was shaped, too, the whole way in which it was applied. I'm sure it's simple to explain if you've seen it done, I haven't unfortunately...

has anyone been to the LVC store (no, not a levi's store but LVC flagship) in tokyo?

do they have store exclusive items?

next to tab device?

last time I went it was completely wack. They`d taken all the classic models and put low rises on them all.

Sorry to double post the same jeans but I just wasn't happy with the colour that the camera had recorded in the pics above (made them look crap imo). This is pretty much the exact colour of them, and you can see the oil stains. At some point i'll do some better pics (finally it's sunny in England!) of the patch etc. :-) 555 LVC 1944s

1944.jpg

thinkfilm28, I just got a pair of the lvc 71 646 back in sep or oct 06. I've only wore them about 40 or so times and they are starting to fade really nice. I swith on and off with my RRDS and they 646s are fading alittle faster. My only complaint is the rise is pretty high. I'm not so used to normal rise jeans and when they slouch and I pull them up it feels like Im hiking them up to armpits. I do love them though.