Levi's Vintage Clothing

Just for the record, I shopped heavily at Cinch from 1999-2004, as the original staff then were very informed/interested. Then they became too expensive. Now I'm a dedicated Aeroleather shopper.

Actually, it's interesting that I recently picked up those 1901 duck pants from cinch, after reading a post here, telling me that Richard had a few old stock pairs out the back which he found. Two days later I had a pair in my hand, and although the fly button was missing, one quick call, and it was sent in the post! Thanks Superdenim..

Actually, it's interesting that I recently picked up those 1901 duck pants from cinch, after reading a post here, telling me that Richard had a few old stock pairs out the back which he found. Two days later I had a pair in my hand,

I'm glad to hear that worked out, Richard showed me all the stock he'd sorted out; very interesting to see some of the year-on-year variation.

Richard was one of the best managers they've had at Cinch in recent years.. sadly for us, not so sadly for him, he's been promoted altho he speaks well of his replacement.

Whatever happens with your 201, it will be worth it. These are the same jeans as on the 201 thread:

201detail.jpg

Whatever happens with your 201, it will be worth it. These are the same jeans as on the 201 thread:

There's a 201 thread? Can you link me to it (sorry - not very comp. literate)

Can you tell me which year 201's are as good, IYO, as the 555's?

And what about those 2005 201's (wrong arcs) - do they shrink the full 2" in the waist?

I think the larger sizes shrink at the same % but because they are larger thus say 10% = more inches they will shrink more in inches. Mine were about the same as all my other LVCs. Thats the thing with STF. If you give them the right time and wear they tend to really stretch in the tight areas and shrink in the loose areas kinda making a custom fit. If you soak to often between time especially while they are still shrinking it can in my experience upset that custom fit process. I found the ones I wore the longest between wet to dry fit the best and have the best fades.

Hey folks,

Anbody know about the 54 501 XX from the upcoming F/W season? I know they have a 501XXZ this season but in the catalog for F/W 09 they list them as 1954 501XX.

Unfortunately I don't, but I would buy a 54 501XX repro in an instant.

leather patch+ LVC '55 cut and denim = WIN

Do you know what else is in the FW09 collection?

Unfortunately I don't, but I would buy a 54 501XX repro in an instant.

leather patch+ LVC '55 cut and denim = WIN

Do you know what else is in the FW09 collection?

1954 cut is far from the 1955! the ´54 has almost a "slim fit" cut with tapered legs. The fit is not the best I most say, ´47 or ´78 is best jeans from the FW09..I have tried them all :)

Are the 78 smaller than the previous versions, then? The ones I've seen were well oversized.

Are you sure the 54 are the same cut as the zipper fly? Those samples on the blog look wider.

Looking forward to seeing the 66 overalls. The 1915 Cone is a rough repro of the "Homer' jeans, can't remember if there is a raw version. Glad to see from those photos that the 1901 looks more accurate than the previous version,

FW09 ´78 is more true-to-size. On the pics Im wearing a 32" and Im a 31".

My bad about the 1954..sorry! thought that you where talking about the 501xxz. But there is no 54 501XX in the FW09.. and no 1955.. "only" 12 other 501 :)

Interesting because I'm looking at the european FW catalog and it has a pair of what looks like RAW 501s and are listed as 1954 XX501. No Z... Exact listing as follows "1954 XX501 Jeans/50154-0001"

So it appears from the catolog there will be a 1954 501.

Are the 78 smaller than the previous versions, then? The ones I've seen were well oversized.

Are you sure the 54 are the same cut as the zipper fly? Those samples on the blog look wider.

Looking forward to seeing the 66 overalls. The 1915 Cone is a rough repro of the "Homer' jeans, can't remember if there is a raw version. Glad to see from those photos that the 1901 looks more accurate than the previous version,

Paul Dejan said he thinks he will be getting the 1915s in raw also.

Interesting because I'm looking at the european FW catalog and it has a pair of what looks like RAW 501s and are listed as 1954 XX501. No Z... Exact listing as follows "1954 XX501 Jeans/50154-0001"

In the productbook LVC FW09 I looked at says: "1954 XX501Z JEAN 50154-001 RIGID"

but maybe they up for a suprise :)

50154.jpg

I emailed and asked my friend at the Levi´s HQ / Sweden. It´s an error in the listing. The correct listing is: 1954 XX501Z

Based on the above link...it looks like there will be a raw version of the 1915s. I'm assuming that the "finished" version will be the special "Cone Collab," but does anyone know if the raw 1915s will be made of Cone denim as well?????

yes, there will be a 1915´s raw version made of Cone denim to celebrate the year Cone Mill started deliever denim to Levi´s.

The "finished" version is the "celebration package" and includes a very nice bag. 1890 and 1901 is made of Japanase denim (kaihara..not sure) and not Amoskeag. 1915-1983 is made of Cone mill denim.

The early versions up to 1901 are all, AFAIK, Kurabo. 1917 is Kurabo too, reflecting the fact that in the early datys Amoskeag and Cone both supplied Levi;s.

Kaihara tend to provide the Sanforized denim on jeans like the 551 and Lady Levi's.

I paid my overdue hosting fees and my Cone and 501 info is back on line...

It will be interesting to get the 1915 and 1917 examples side by side - especially once they're washed.

There are so many different opinions on the relative qualities of Cone and Kurabo. Some experts reckon the Cone isn't as good as the japanese fabric - some reckon LVC don't spec the early fabric as carefully (Cone certainly go to great trouble to replicate the different eras of the 501). Not all of them can be right.