A.P.C.

jeepster

countless forums w/ up to 200 (usually more) plus posts all asking the same question.. damn apc threads/questions are the worst.. they stretch.. size down.. i swear, give corky internet access, tell him about what google is, and hed have all the info on purchasing a pair of apcs within the hour..

to switch it up a little.. does anybody know a site where i can check out some of the tips that jean gives on wearing denim? ive heard him talk about "an old rocker trick": rubbing cigarette ashes into yer jeans then rubbing your hands thru yer hair and rubbing yer hair grease over that.. not saying that id actually do this.. i just think itd be an interesting read and maybe some of what he has to say id find useful..

i always hear other things; "apc recommends this".. but im not sure where they recommend it? having never owned a pair myself (too tall, too skinny.. they need to make a longer inseam!), i know the pair comes with the washing instructions about the seawash and such..

just wondering if there is anywhere online (a book even?) where i can read more about "old rocker tricks", and such..

i dig the brand.. i think a worn (especially on its last legs) pair of apcs is a very beautiful thing.. i could look at fade pics all day.. btw, i own other clothing items from apc, just not any denim.. i know, shameful..

Posted (edited) · Hidden by seven7seven, May 24, 2012 - kkk
Hidden by seven7seven, May 24, 2012 - kkk

Here are my Size 30 APC NS after 1 day

Still very very tight, do you guys think that they will stretch enough or should I sell and size up?

yqolal.jpg

qg13ul.jpg?1

Edited by seven7seven

I've worn my PS for maybe a little over a month and was concerned with the waist stretching since I could button up all buttons when they were new so I never button the top button and wear a belt. In this time I found that the waist hasn't really stretched at all. so if you're worried about the waist stretching try keeping the top button undone.

I've been trying to keep a log of the stretching but haven't so good about keeping track of the amount of wear but I have noticed that they haven't stretched like what other people are experiencing. all tho i don't do anything extreme in them so that's probably the reason in my case.

Just a little observation I've made so far incase some people are really worried about their pants stretching too much.

to switch it up a little.. does anybody know a site where i can check out some of the tips that jean gives on wearing denim? ive heard him talk about "an old rocker trick": rubbing cigarette ashes into yer jeans then rubbing your hands thru yer hair and rubbing yer hair grease over that.. not saying that id actually do this.. i just think itd be an interesting read and maybe some of what he has to say id find useful.

this is a really interesting idea... i'd be into reading about different kinds of techniques, too. can anyone reference a website or maybe even a thread on sufu?

here's a blog post on apc's "coral beach wash" mentioned on the information sheet you get when you order a pair of their jeans:

http://www.rawrdenim.com/2011/08/raw-denim-coral-beach-wash-the-definitive-guide/

this is a really interesting idea... i'd be into reading about different kinds of techniques, too. can anyone reference a website or maybe even a thread on sufu?

here's a blog post on apc's "coral beach wash" mentioned on the information sheet you get when you order a pair of their jeans:

http://www.rawrdenim.com/2011/08/raw-denim-coral-beach-wash-the-definitive-guide/

i've seen people do coffee and green tea soaks as well. kayodic and leannesmiles (i think it's leeann), in the pbj & momotaro threads posted about it.

hey puzzle, No, they aren't overdye. At least I don't think. The inside of the pants are white like the other indigo models. As far as fading goes, it isn't anything special. If you want to drop money on APCs, you should just stick with indigo, or you should try to get a hold of the plain black ones! My brother bought both black pairs (in petit standard), and he ended up returning the faux noir ones and bought some RVCA spanky jeans instead. They look exactly the same, they will probably fade they same, they are way more comfortable, and they were 1/4 the price.

looking to but my first pair of apc's very soon, just wanted a quick bit of advice beforehand. am about a 31-32 inch waist and i want a slim not skinny fit. i tried a size 30 waist ps on the other day (no smaller sizes available) waist was a fine fit, so i think from what i've read i should size down at least 1 maybe 2, but the legs were a bit tight for what i want. will the legs stretch out much and how long can i expect this to take? if i go for ns, how much bigger are they in the legs? finally, i know i will loose some size after the first wash, but the legs are way too long for me. i could roll them up, but i need about 6 odd turns and it looks shite (i'm about 29inch leg). i was thinking of having them hemmed, but i'm unsure how much to have taken off as once they are washed, i want them to still fit and not be hanging round my ankles!

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

^From my experience with APC's I ALWAYS go down two sizes, Im a 31 naturally, bought a 29 in my NC's and 1 year, 4 months later, no washes or soaks, they are about 33 in the waist. Not awfully big since the rest have formed to my body. Id personally say go down two sizes

Posted · Hidden by roffey, June 8, 2012 - reposting with out the terrible filters
Hidden by roffey, June 8, 2012 - reposting with out the terrible filters

My new standards are turning a year old in a couple weeks, thinking of taking them to the ocean for a wash.

Anyone here actually do the ocean wash? Thoughts?

Here are some pics I took earlier today

RhNIX.jpg

RAOQX.jpg

if you're looking for a slim "not skinny" fit then PS is the wrong cut for you. get NS, and if you could fit a 30 ps waist, you can def get a 29 ns or prob even 28 NS. Hem to 30 inches. They don't shrink much bc they are SANFORIZED, see page one.

Cheers for the response boys. My closest retailer of apc had their sale start today. Ps down to £94 and ns £84! On closer inspection the smallest size was a 32, mostly 34's, so I'm gonna have to have a look online, think I'll go for a ns in 28. Didn't realise apc's were sanforized so that's a bit of a result. Thanks for the info.

My NCs after 8 months of hard wear & 1 wash yesterday.

EANky.jpg

Congrats to this super great job done to those pants in 8 month only!!!!

Pre wash pics available?

just bought my apc ns size 30..

size down 2, from tts..

but still a bit loose on a waist.. :(

here's the fit pic..

IMG_0625.jpg

planned to get it hemmed bout 2inch..

Sadly, I did the same thing. Bought my petite standards two sizes two big not knowing apc's reputation for stretching. Oh well, I'll still wear the hell out of them.