A.P.C.

jeepster

hey, need some help on sizing!

ordered a size 31 NS cause i thought it would fit, but it turned out to be way too tight i couldnt even do up the final couple buttons it would have been very hard.

so i returned them and was thinking id want a size 33 NS as an exchange.

problems with the first one were: too tight to button up, and too tight on the ass.

i have somewhat of a muscular ass, so its a bit bigger than most.

what i want though is to have a nice slim fit from the knee down, but to have room at the top block.

so i thought about PS size 33, because it will give me more of what i want from the knee down. im pretty sure the NS 33 would have been good for the top block, so now im wondering how will PS 33 compare at the top block? will it be too tight (not too tight to button up, but to make me feel uncomfortable and show off my ass lol)?

ill explain better if need be but if anyone can help with this i would reaallllyyyy appreciate it.

i thought you all might appreciate this picture from our blog of a couple from winnipeg who came in to buy a.p.c.'s on their honeymoon.

the dude is in a size 28 new standard and the girl is in a size 29 petit standard.

honeys2.jpg

lol thats kinda sad that his gf is bigger than him....

edit: meant to imply hes skinny and not that the gf is fat since im offending all you people

Edited by TooAwesome

I have a pair of never worn APC New Standards for sale on Ebay for great price if anyone's interested. They're a size 33, inseam professionally altered to 30. Bought them and they and didn't fit me, so I'm losing out on quite a bit of $$. :(

This is my first post here, hoping that I can post links. *crosses fingers*

http://www.ebay.com/...2#ht_500wt_1413

Edited by kgbc

Somehow 'just try a pair on' on my way home ended up with me buying a pair of New Standards - sz35. To be fair, they were 30% off! Anyone comment on how much waist stretch I can expect? They're snug right now, but not considerably.

Wondering more out of interest - size 34 were too small on my thighs and neither store I went to had a 36

So I sized down 1 on some New Standards, they were way too big. (33's)

So I decided to switch to New Cure and sized down 2 waist sizes. (32's)

They were purchased from a SF member, apparently they had 4 wears and a soak.

Right now, they feel tight and I don't think I would wear them out in public in current conditions. redface.gif

How much can I expect the legs to stretch? I feel if they stretch at least .5 inches in the thighs and legs then I'll be solid.

Edited by kgbc

Somehow 'just try a pair on' on my way home ended up with me buying a pair of New Standards - sz35. To be fair, they were 30% off! Anyone comment on how much waist stretch I can expect? They're snug right now, but not considerably.

Wondering more out of interest - size 34 were too small on my thighs and neither store I went to had a 36

if a size 34 was too small on your thighs, a 35 should fit you just fine. the waist stretches out the most, but you can limit the stretching by wearing a belt. as to how much they will stretch, it depends on how long and how hard you wear them, but they will most likely stretch to a comfortable size

since my gf was jealous of my APCs i got her a pair while we were in NYC

its been awhile, since i got them for her and she hasn't worn them yet because its rly hot here

I think they were New Standards, but they were special (more expensive than normal)

the guy at the store told me "they would stretch when worn and shrink when not" and that "they aren't raw"

anyone got any clues?

Seriously how long do these take to go soft? I've had mine for 2months now.

wear them more.

Seriously how long do these take to go soft? I've had mine for 2months now.

Takes some time. Wore mine everyday for a few months straight and they were soft. Shouldn't take more than a month or so.

people buy apc pins? theres one of ebay going for ~20 dollars

i have 4 of them o_o

some kids came into the shop recently looking for them. tempted to offer them mine but i'm worried that apc pins are the next BIG E.

people buy apc pins? theres one of ebay going for ~20 dollars

i have 4 of them o_o

Saw this on ebay also .. used to have one but probably threw it away :(

edit-Wow ended at $35

Edited by BIZ

APC NS of 2 years.

New Standard TTS - 31

Stripped all the tags

apcs.png

i thought apc had silver colored rivets and buttons? or is it just the picture

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Louis XIV, May 21, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Louis XIV, May 21, 2012 - No reason given

I look of a well fitting NS, the NS 26 I own is just way too thight in the thigh and croch for myself.

Thus I sized up 2 and ordered a 28 which turned out too boxy all around.

Context clothing says sizes 27 and 28 have the same measurements - thigh, knee, leg opening - expect for the waistband.

Is this true?

If so, which options of similiar cut jeans do I have?

I do not want to spend more than what a NS costs.

Edited by Louis XIV