A.P.C.

jeepster

I've got a good half inch of waist room, give or take. I'm hoping that the person who had it before me stretched it to where it is now in those three wears since I read stories of how people couldn't button the top button and the waist fitted decently after a few wears.

Same concern about what you pointed out.

If the person whom you bought it from only wore them 3 times.They definately did not stretch to the max yet, so you might as well just buy a new pair and size down because those are going to be huge in a few weeks.

^ You're not actually sizing down 4, you're sizing down 2; the 2 you went down to account for vanity sizing don't count. There are people who size down 3, so no, sizing down 2 is not unheard of.

Wait so if your saying is correct that Vanity sizing doesn't count. A size 32 waist needs to get a size 28 to get a true 32 waist fit?

I thought size down 2 was because of the vanity sizing.

^ You go down 2 sizes to account for vanity sizing, then 1-3 more to account for stretch, since APCs are capable of stretching up to 3 inches in the waist. You can have APCs tagged 27-30 all with a measured 32 waist, with the only difference being the slimness of the legs.

^ You go down 2 sizes to account for vanity sizing, then 1-3 more to account for stretch, since APCs are capable of stretching up to 3 inches in the waist. You can have APCs tagged 27-30 all with a measured 32 waist, with the only difference being the slimness of the legs.

Ugh I get it now!! aqhong you made it perfect sense.

Depends on how much you like the tightness on the legs. So as long as i dont try to stretch something out its not gonna get super loose.

I got a PS 30 and was able to button them up all the way unlike my NS 30 which couldnt do it till it stretched out. So the PS wont stretch much unless I put constant tension on getting them bigger correct.

You're not supposed to count vanity sizing (because it should be a given that you don't get jeans too big for you from the start), but plenty of noobs do, and then pass that info on to other noobs, which perpetuates a vicious cycle of confusion and is the reason why people still ask the same questions over and over in this 300-something-page clusterfuck of a thread.

Hmm, how much did he size down on those NCs, if any? turbo, what's your measured waist?

My true waist is 31, and my current pair of NC's are 29... It took a week to button the top, but the calves are still too tight.

The 29's In PS felt two sizes bigger in the waist than my NC's, so I'm just gonna try the 27 PS for now. Do you think the calves will be tighter than the Cures?

My true waist is 31, and my current pair of NC's are 29... It took a week to button the top, but the calves are still too tight.

The 29's In PS felt two sizes bigger in the waist than my NC's, so I'm just gonna try the 27 PS for now. Do you think the calves will be tighter than the Cures?

turbo, I'm about the same waist size as you. Can you post your height and weight as well? I'm thinking to get the NS but not sure to get 27 or 28. My weight is abt 135lbs.

Well, depending on how skinny/slim you want the NC to fit. What is your natural waist? Most people size down 2 ish for a skinny nc fit

dont want it to look to skinny, slim/narrow fit should be good enough.

i waist about 30

as my NS has already expanded well throughout the years, maybe something slightly slimmer would be good

So you didn't size down at all on your NCs. Not sure why you had trouble buttoning them up, seeing as a pair of NC 29 will measure 31 right out of the box.

So you didn't size down at all on your NCs. Not sure why you had trouble buttoning them up, seeing as a pair of NC 29 will measure 31 right out of the box.

You don't really know what you are talking about. Have you tried NCs on? The only way you could maybe size down on NCs like your suggesting, is if you have very skinny thighs and calves. Even then I still wouldn't recommend getting a size 27 NC if your waist is 31.

You don't really know what you are talking about. Have you tried NCs on? The only way you could maybe size down on NCs like your suggesting, is if you have very skinny thighs and calves. Even then I still wouldn't recommend getting a size 27 NC if your waist is 31.

I'm a 30 waist and I've tried on NC 27; I could button them up all the way within ten minutes or so. They were fairly tight in the legs, but they would've stretched out comfortably had I decided to keep them.

Even then I still wouldn't recommend getting a size 27 NC if your waist is 31.

I was talking about getting 27 PS, I already have 29 NC. I'm sure the PS 28's will button up too easily, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try a 27 first. I hate how I am always in between with APC's...

Is it true that black PS run smaller than the indigo? If so I might consider them in 28.

I was talking about getting 27 PS, I already have 29 NC. I'm sure the PS 28's will button up too easily, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try a 27 first. I hate how I am always in between with APC's...

Is it true that black PS run smaller than the indigo? If so I might consider them in 28.

na get them in 27 pretty much the same in the beginning. The black stretches a little less than the blue but in the beginning they are pretty much the same.

PIONEER? What is this?

seconded

(10ccccc)

These sizing questions are killing me.

so for a change in subject ...

Does anyone actually know who the hell buys the butler jeans they got at the SOHO store? I'm going next week and am planning to trade in my NC unless anyone here wants to buy em for a third of what APC is going to sell them for.

Just got an email entitled "A.P.C. PIONEER DENIM" with this image:

02_message.jpg

Can't seem to find any more info on their website, although I didn't look very hard.

Pioneer New Standard

spacer.gif

Denim. 100% Cotton. Inspired by a Butler New Standard. Limited edition. Japanese denim. Hand-processed wear-out.

sounds like nothing special