A.P.C.

jeepster

but if you look at the ns vs the nc (in size 30 for sake of ease) ns has thigh = 10.75 knee= 8.5 where nc has thigh = 11.5 knee=8.

Context's chart is wrong for the NS, if you use the search function you can find accurate size charts throughout the thread. The NC have an 11" thigh at a 30. NS are 11.5" thigh, 8.25" knee, 7.75" hem and rise of 10.75". Also, the reason most fits seem so tight with the new cures is that sizing down just one usually results in an overall inch loss in the thigh. Sizing down 4 in NS gives you a similar fit to sizing down 2 in NC.

Ya I actually did size down about 4. I've actually just been wearing my PS so much that when you go back to wearing jeans with a wider leg opening, they feel a lot looser than they used to.

is there a fit pic up of your PS? how much did you size down on em?

Any info or feedback on the Petit Standards stretch cords? Are they vanity sized as well? I hear the NS cords somehow fit true to size or one inch bigger max.

second, basically I'd like a low-down on PS sizing relative to NS

is there a fit pic up of your PS? how much did you size down on em?

second, basically I'd like a low-down on PS sizing relative to NS

My true waist size is 30", so I went down to a 27 in my PS. They were extremely tight when I first put them on but now they feel fairly loose in the thigh (below the knee didn't stretch much). I went for a 26 in my black NS hoping to get a fit similar to PS (but w/ a bigger leg opening) but they were still looser. I'd say PS feels about 2-3 sizes smaller through the thigh & calf than a NS. Here's a pic of my PS after about 3 weeks:

IMG00011-20090227-1935-1.jpg

Thinking about getting some PS's... I have some questions, preferably to someone who has worn both PS and NC cuts.

-Are you able to sag with PS's, or is unnecessary with the lower rise?

-As for the waist I wear 29's in NC's, should I get 29's in PS or should I size up one since I will be wearing it lower (due to the lower rise)? The waist on my NC's are perfect even with minimal sag, but the calfs remain too tight for my liking...

-Which brings me to my last question, are the calfs on the PS a bit more forgiving compared to the NC's?

To me it would make sense to stick to a 29 in both cuts... but I may be wrong. Thanks in advance.

My true waist size is 30", so I went down to a 27 in my PS. They were extremely tight when I first put them on but now they feel fairly loose in the thigh (below the knee didn't stretch much). I went for a 26 in my black NS hoping to get a fit similar to PS (but w/ a bigger leg opening) but they were still looser. I'd say PS feels about 2-3 sizes smaller through the thigh & calf than a NS. Here's a pic of my PS after about 3 weeks:
That's interesting considering I've heard some say that sizing up for PS from NS results in too loose a fit. basically if the 2+ vanity sizing stays true for PS, then I foresee no prob using your NS size, considering the waist will end up be the same and everything below will just be different because of the cut. Another factor is that my waist is bigger (32 on hips where I wear jeans, therefore 28 NS) but my legs are skinnier, so IDK. just goes to show you really need to go in a store (stores that stock PS are hard to find though)

That's interesting considering I've heard some say that sizing up for PS from NS results in too loose a fit. basically if the 2+ vanity sizing stays true for PS, then I foresee no prob using your NS size, considering the waist will end up be the same and everything below will just be different because of the cut. Another factor is that my waist is bigger (32 on hips where I wear jeans, therefore 28 NS) but my legs are skinnier, so IDK. just goes to show you really need to go in a store (stores that stock PS are hard to find though)

You're right, one definitely could use their NS size for a PS, the waist on my PS was perfect. I just sized down one for my NS hoping for it to fit similar to a PS with a bigger leg opening and could deal w/ the waist being a bit snug for a little bit.

I'm coming from Diesel jeans and would really like to try out some APC, but I'm afraid my big calves would create some ugly silhouette. Wearing 29W Vikers 71B and 29W Zatiny 8AT.

Can someone recommend a better cut for me? Either NS or Rescue.

Anyone about 5'5 135 post pictures of your APCs? NS or Rescue would be great. =)

My current fit on the Diesel Zatiny 29W

DSC_2355_s.jpg

DSC_2350_s.jpg

DSC_2349_s.jpg

th_34414_IMAG0164_122_166lo.jpg --Clicky for better resolution

th_34436_IMAG0168_122_50lo.jpg -- Clicky for better resolution

Sorry for the quality, lost the battery to my camera so had to use my phone.

Should I have sized down 1 more? Bought this from a forum member who worn it 3 times before he sold it. Usually wear 30, this is 28.

th_34351_IMAG0168_122_643lo.jpg

th_34414_IMAG0164_122_166lo.jpg --Clicky for better resolution

th_34436_IMAG0168_122_50lo.jpg -- Clicky for better resolution

Sorry for the quality, lost the battery to my camera so had to use my phone.

Should I have sized down 1 more? Bought this from a forum member who worn it 3 times before he sold it. Usually wear 30, this is 28.

th_34351_IMAG0168_122_643lo.jpg

Those look very loose on the waist i think you could have gone 2 sizes down maybe even 3. After a few more wears they are going to stretch out like crazy.

I've got a good half inch of waist room, give or take. I'm hoping that the person who had it before me stretched it to where it is now in those three wears since I read stories of how people couldn't button the top button and the waist fitted decently after a few wears.

Same concern about what you pointed out.