small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

quit being a dick when you're asking questions. buy shirts that fit as well as you can find, then get them tailored.

Ignoring it works better than trying to fight it. It'll go away if you quit making it an issue.

Band of outsiders extra small might work for you but they're $$$

The problem is that your questions are really broad, your retorts are really lame, and you aren't spending the time trying to soak up information and learn before simply asking another question.

But I'll still answer your question. Basic pieces: Gap, H&M. I personally have ones from Cheap Monday and Uniqlo, amongst others.

The problem is that your questions are really broad, your retorts are really lame, and you aren't spending the time trying to soak up information and learn before simply asking another question.

But I'll still answer your question. Basic pieces: Gap, H&M. I personally have ones from Cheap Monday and Uniqlo, amongst others.

OK, say I buy a shirt I like and take it to the tailor to get it to fit better. What do I tell them?

OK, say I buy a shirt I like and take it to the tailor to get it to fit better. What do I tell them?

that depends...

what do you want to tell them...?

ie. what does the shirt require before it will fit you better?

its such a broad question.

one shirt may be too long in the arms, another too wide through the body.

it depends on the individual shirt and how you want it to fit.

Where can I get a pair of slim or narrow dress pants online?

www.thickasthievesla.com actually makes dress pants per your measuremens; their standard cut is a very trim, flat-front dress pant with frog-mouth pockets and no cuffs that end right around the bottom of your ankle. They run $135 and it's about a two- to three-week turnaround.

Of course, as the are making pants per your measurements, you can customize your order to a degree.

I bought one of their suits and have been happy with it.

The construction on NDC shoes are pretty solid. They are comfortable enough and have some good styling. I don't know about at full retail as it seems you can find NDCs on sale or second hand more than you can the starr brogues but they're good buys below retail. I have two and really like them and other models i've seen. There are two ebay sellers who stock lots of NDC in their ebay store for about half off. They have a bunch of them and it might be worthwhile to email those 2 sellers and ask if they can get specific sizes/models for you. I mentioned this to some other sufuers who asked where i got my shoes and i'm not sure if they tried this or not.

They run a bit big. I'm a snug 43 in the two NDCs that i have. For reference i'm a 44 in opening ceremony, 44 in double identity sneakers, 10chucks, 10.5 vans, 10.5 sperrys (without socks), 10.5 apc x nike sneakers. I'd go down 1.

Barneys has a few on sale i believe and if you find the link to that yoox.com secret sale page or even their normal spring page they have some on sale.

The smallest size I could find on sale in a lace-up is a 42, which is my normal size. I kind of want to pull the trigger on it anyway, but it seems as if I should get a 41, and if that's the case, I might as well save the money, right?

The one on Yoox is the one I really want, though--distressed wingtip with a nice slim shape.

Don't get true to size. They run big and they're naturally long shoes (even when you size them right). Yea, i like the distressed suede wingtips but i don't really need it at the moment.

www.thickasthievesla.com actually makes dress pants per your measuremens; their standard cut is a very trim, flat-front dress pant with frog-mouth pockets and no cuffs that end right around the bottom of your ankle. They run $135 and it's about a two- to three-week turnaround.

Of course, as the are making pants per your measurements, you can customize your order to a degree.

I bought one of their suits and have been happy with it.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'll have to hit them up at another time. I need some pants before the 14th.

Hi I was wondering what kind of shoes/boots should I look into that are quite cheap (under $200). For shoes basicallly all I have are like jack purcells and chucks so its really damn boring. But it seems hard to find nicer shoes without totally breaking the bank. So for are there any shoes/boots I can look into that won't make me look too bottom-heavy? On another note what does everyone think of all black vans chukka boots?

how do you recognize loopwheel? to my understanding the spacing of the loops? in the underside of the garment is spaced further apart than normal garments. but the sda sweatshirt i recieved has neither loops nor is soft. does anybody know if the sda 1st pursuit sweaters are loopwheel for sure?

edit.

img1396lg3.jpg

Is this loopwheel? This is very different from what I've seen of loopwheel sweaters at BiG.

Bump (10 char)