How many pairs of jeans do you own?

Guest jeffvyain

i have a pair of samurai s5000vx. and that's it. pretty much. i also have a pair of levi's 505s that i got off of ebay, but i've kept those solely for the purpose of having some denim to patch with. they look horrible on me and i wouldn't wear them for money. if something goes wrong with my sammies, well...i guess i'm wearing shorts or dress pants. but i've done so much stupid shit in them at this point that i don't think anything will bust 'em. and one day i'll buy a backup pair, but i don't want to stop wearing them for quite some time still.

dior 19cm mij blue

dior 21cm mij black selvedge

dior 21cm black sharp notation

dior 19cm indigo sharp notation

dior 21cm luster waxed distressed

superfine chocolate waxed

superfine blue dust

acne mic flatpack

nudie even steven organic

nudie coated thin finn

couple pair of h&m for house repairs, dicking around

Main Pairs (I've probably got plenty others lying around in my parents' house)

Edwin ED47

Edwin 505SXR

Sugarcane 1947

Warehouse Duckdigger 1920

Nom de Guerre Dark Grey Non_Selvage Classic Fit

RRL Slim Fit

Uniqlo Slim White

Nudie Thin Finn Coated Black

SuFu Warehouse

and that's all I hope to have for some time... I'm sure that will change though

Jeans i own at the moment are; Sufu 660's

Imperial Dukes

Ande Whall Streaky Grifters

Acne Moc Raw

LVC 501 55 '555'

LVC 501 47 '555'

LVC 501 44 '555'

LVC 501 66

LVC 501 33

LVC 201 37 '555'

LVC Duck cloth pants

LVC Spring bottom pants

2 pairs 70's Lee Riders

60's Lee Riders

Topman Raw (so cheap had to try them).

Calvin Klein Raw (present from my girlfriend) Don't know if i'll ever wear them.

I've also got several jackets Lee+LVC and an LVC Closed front jumper+Oshkosh B'Gosh overalls.

I own 2 pairs being the following:

-Cheap 501 STF (retired, but still fun sometimes)

-SEXSC (every day)

Soon, I will have a pair of ESEF Ori. They seem like they'll be fantastic. When I do get them, I might start doing a week rotation.

-JF

About 6500 jeans and 3500 denim jackets, which I started collecting since 1973 in a little remote place in the Swiss mountain. They are from about 1930 till 2000, and most in a real rough poor condition, but most of them with crazy fading, dirt, stain, holes, telling many stories about their long lives. It's one of Europe's biggest and 100 percent non commercial denim collection and all is paid from my real income as a geographer. I'm all the time searching like crazy unwashed raw denim rag items even if in poorest, roughest and dirty condition. The collection is growing very slowly. There has still not a single Nudie, Atelier La Durance, Sugar Cane, Blue Blood, Samurai, Cheap Monday, April 77 and so on found the way in to the collection and just a very few Evisu and Edwin jeans only.

I'm planning for a little jeansmuseum (check www.jeansmuseum.org, german only, english follows later) and the collection is open to the public in Zuerich, Switzerland (on request).

So all of you guys and denim victims out there, wear your raw denim stuff as long as possible unwashed and after they have fallen apart, they don't have to end in the garbage, just send them to the jeansmuseum as a save haven for them (Send an email to [email protected] for more infos).