Samurai Jeans 5th Year Anniversary Feeler Thread

Some impressions of me visiting Daniel. As there is no brick 'n mortar shop at the moment, Daniel has a lot of stuff in his private flat. I think Ruedi already posted some stuff in another thread.

Don't you all want such shelves in your living room? ;)

P1030828.jpg

P1030830.jpg

P1030831.jpg

Tried on a lot of stuff (IH 634 XHS, Flathead 3009, some PBJs including one AI model, a lot of shirts)

to get back to talking about cheating, i think that sandpaper is an obvious offense. bleach should also be considered, but seeing as how most of us are familiar with knowing the difference between what most natural fades look like and where there appears to be obvious tampering it should make for an easy 'spot the not', especially because we are all going to be wearing the exact same pair of denim, we will all see if fades are coming in within reason (with the exception of Mp's fuckin combs, those are just bound to happen).

But about the actual jeans, does this mean that we cannot pay for them yet? would you happen to know around when delivery is going to be taken? i am DYING to get my hands on my pair.

I just wanted to know your opinion about it. For some people is starching cheating as it helps to set the creases and makes them stronger = better fades (in terms of better = higher contrast)

About the paying. I've talked about it with Daniel and he doesn't like the idea already having your money for jeans that aren't (unfortunately) in his possession yet.

^To be honest, I say you can do whatever you want with them...If someone is in this contest solely to win, and not because they want to wear an awesome pair of jeans and post their personal results, then it's their loss and we'll all see through it anyway...Bleach, pinch, starch away, I'm still going to enjoy wearing my pair and seeing what happens when people do the above, if they are so inclined....

when somebody wants to use bleach, sandpaper or whatever - I honestly encourage him to do so. There's just good looking and shitty looking jeans. Using so called "cheating methodss" will eliminate possible concurents. ;) And, among the people we invited, all share the same commitment, so don't worry about anything. In the end, the prize is fun and a nice jeans for everybody.

^To be honest, I say you can do whatever you want with them...If someone is in this contest solely to win, and not because they want to wear an awesome pair of jeans and post their personal results, then it's their loss and we'll all see through it anyway...Bleach, pinch, starch away, I'm still going to enjoy wearing my pair and seeing what happens when people do the above, if they are so inclined....

Exactly. if somebody feels the need of doing it..Let him ruin his pair:D

That's what I meant, thanks ranon. Hopeyou're fine btw, you were pretty absent lately (or was it me?)

its all cool. im good, taking a break from things, trying to get funds in and preparing for the future (don't really know about that yet either) but in general just going through a quiet month. haven't got material to post up lately in this concrete jungle im at. but its nice to see you come back from a good break (i think) and you catching up with good old mr almostnice!

I agree to Randons and Max statement

Cheating is no topic for me, since I always wear my raw denim stuff dry and just wait for all kinds of natural fadings coming along after a long time. It would break my raw denim heart, to artificially destroy or fade any raw denim stuff.

BTW, I have seen millions of faded jeans and I could recognize almost all kinds of artificial fadings in a second from a miles distance.

And yes, Daniel from DC4 is a real great and super nice guy. I met him in Berlin too 2 weeks ago and in Gosport 6 weeks ago. And I'm still happy to have been in his raw denim paradise. Can recommend this to everybody