Samurai Jeans 5th Year Anniversary Feeler Thread

Dear all,

With permission fro beautiful_Freak.

I'd like to bring about to your attention that, there will be another denim contest starting on 11/11/11 until 12/12/12.

Coincidently, almost same start date as Samurai Contest here.

This denim contest is like a 'free for all' system, contestants are allow to use whatever jeans they are comfortable in, as long as they are new and weighing 14.5 oz and above.

Of course, not trying to limit out the cone mill denims, we have exceptional cases.

For more information and questions, please visit INDIGO ROOTS DENIM CONTEST

http://www.indigoroots.com/index.php

Just register and ask your questions at Indigo Roots forum instead of here to avoid cluttering. Thank you!

In case we forget, the more contestants we have the higher the prize money!!!

Please

But really, it's a good thing we don't have the jeans yet, it'd be more painful to not soak/wear that way. I wonder if we'll still be on track for the originally planned start date? And also, we never got word of the length of the contest did we?

Yes, 15 or 18 months, gotta look it up. And I also think, that we have some delay, as I don't think that all contestants get the jeans until oct. 31st, even if the jeans shipped today from germany (which they won't). So, hopefully it wil make us even morecrazy about the jeans and not throw us off.

I personally try to get my heavy curved belt right now (compensatory action), so I have my belt ready when the jeans arrive... If only my Kanji wasn't that bad :D

Sounds great.

And after the 15 month period, I still have plenty of time to let them age the hard way over the next couple of years

i feel that this is an itch that i cannot scratch; this waiting game is getting extreme! any idea when DC4 is planning on getting in the shipment? i feel like i keep fidgeting.

At least, I have plenty of time to wait. I still wear the Pike Brothers for the Bundeslaender Tour right now. And if there would be a longer delay, my - let's say a little bit aged - Denime pants would love to come back in use to age a little bit more the hard way.

And if it will take ages, I'm pretty sure, I could find some spare pants in the Jeansmuseum.....

Hi guys, I'm back from Berlin after a nice afternoon and evening with Daniel (great guy! you all should get to know him personally!)

What you all feared is indeed true and I'm sorry that it is this way, we are facing a delay. I will write an e-mail to everyone of you later today to explain the circumstances.

On another note.

For making the final rules, I would like to ask all of you, what is "cheating" in your eyes when wearing raw denim (sandpaper, bleach,...)

Just name it and we will discuss it. We want you contestants to give us as much input and ideas. In the end it is "our" conetst and everyone is a part of it! :)