Levi's 501 Shrink to Fit (STF)

SLEEZY

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first post to superfuture, but I've lurked on superdenim for a while. I just wear these cheap 501s, but I think they look alright. I could probably afford some expensive denim, but I feel kind of silly not washing my jeans for a long time, and I'd feel even sillier if I paid a couple hundred dollars for them.

The oldest pair (29x32)

img0719j.jpg

img0721io.jpg

Second oldest pair, and my personal favorites (28x32)

img0729y.jpg

img0732.jpg

My pair of greencast 501s. Kind of disappointed in the fading on these, and they've shrunk a bit too much (or my waist has grown a bit) so they're kind of uncomfortable to wear now. (28x32)

img0724a.jpg

img0726b.jpg

Fit pic pre-soak on my newest pair of indigo 501s (29x32)

img0734q.jpg

Thinking about taking the arcs out of the back pockets on my newest pair. Thoughts?

Haha I just got done pulling the arcs out of the back pockets and then decided to check this thread. Oh well, I might get another pair so I'd have two dark pairs to wear.

The second pair is probably the most comfortable and a bit more worn out than the first actually. I'm pretty pleased with where they are but I wear them so much that they need to get washed a lot more than the others.

I could probably afford some expensive denim, but I feel kind of silly not washing my jeans for a long time, and I'd feel even sillier if I paid a couple hundred dollars for them.

the nicer denims dont need to be kept out of water as much. the better the dye job the longer the color will last. you should try some LVC offerings. Your first pair looks awesome by the way.

I may have missed this, but isn't there an online code for like 40% off right now? Anyone know what that is?

That knee buldge is iffy. Other than that, nice progress.

Does anyone have info on LEvis STF Knights? Someone enlighten me on what they are, like are they as stiff as raw denim, are they black or just a really dark blue, anyone have measurements, and where I can get a 28x34-36 or 29x34-36?

Funny. My green STFs have also been a bit stuck in the same place for the past few months. Seems they don't fade as well as regular indigo?

It's not as noticeable, I've been seeing on a pair I have they sort of fade to a yellowish-green then later white down to the weft.

so just follow levis' rule right? thnak you.

If you're talking about that little back pocket tag thing, no. That guide is for machine washing unless you have a superheated cauldron for your denim.