Levi's 501 Shrink to Fit (STF)

SLEEZY

Anybody ever wore some stfs just raw for awhile?

At some levis store they are running stf campagin and saying wear them TTS and never wash them but if you need to, do it for 20 mins with some dr bronners

i've only worn them in the raw. have yet to soak. they are only $40. you wont cry if they become too small for you.

My verde very very small size 30 after a week camping. They smell like fire and look dirty as hell..i'm dreading the next time these have to touch water they are allllllmost comfortable after over a month.

dsc0289g.jpg

My 501s after an initial soak and a soak about a week ago, probably a month and a week into it.

n17c77.jpg

29gkk8m.jpg

xpa2hl.jpg

I am happy with them so far, I am a little upset that I bought them a size or two too big in the waist, so they are loose without a belt. I am looking forward to wearing them out so I can get into a pair of tapered jeans though, these fit soo loose below the knee, I am not a big fan of it.

Anybody ever wore some stfs just raw for awhile?

At some levis store they are running stf campagin and saying wear them TTS and never wash them but if you need to, do it for 20 mins with some dr bronners

this is what im talking about

501chart.jpg

Epic cloth banner, maybe I'll go see if I can find one at the local Levi's store ;)

Wear them raw for sure, i just bought a pair of the Grey STFs and am super excited to see how they turn out, even if nothing happens. I sized down one (haven't actually measured my waist lately, just assuming i'm around a 35) and went with a 34X34, but that was only because i couldn't find 33s.. GOOOO RAW!

How well does sizing down one on STFs go? I have a pair TTS that fit insanely comfortably but are a little loose in the thighs for my liking. Use them as work jeans.

Also was thinking maybe getting some STFs in the near future and having the thing taken in.... Is that easily doable for tailors?

how is it in the waist right now for your loose thigh pair? I think you could size down one as long as you can close the top button presoak. these stretch a good amount, the thing to worry is the high rise

how is it in the waist right now for your loose thigh pair? I think you could size down one as long as you can close the top button presoak. these stretch a good amount, the thing to worry is the high rise

The waist fits pretty snug after a wash, but then comfortably after a few hours. Also mine are a 29x34 which are now a bit short so I'd need a 36 length, which is hard to find in a 28 waist.

Levi's 501 STFxx

1 year, 3 months, 6-7 handwashes.

vyul95.jpg

20b0n75.jpg

28bxrvq.jpg

ve0y05.jpg

The red/purple/green color is due to some friends thinking it'd be awesome if my jeans were tie-dyed. Red just happens to show up better i guess. So like the white weft is dyed red. Whatever, they look like shit from the back, but they've kind of grown on me.

Color is pretty accurate in first pic.

vyul95.jpg

Actually, those are realllly tight. Love that your friends tried to tye-dye them, gonna give you a great story to tell about them. Good stuff man.

whatup, heres some pics of my 501xx STF's after somewhere around a year of daily wear. they were washed once I believe, around 10 months?

I wore these back in HS 5 years ago, they were my first ever pair of raw denim, which I bought after doing tons of research on here. When I asked the guy in the NY Levis store on broadway for the STF's he gave me a wierd look and had to ask the manager what they were haha.

These have a bit of a yellowish tinge.. at least partially from sweat--it was a hot summer and I wore them religiously. I also go biking daily, which I think has a lot to do with how the denim I wear fades. This is responsible for some the holes :).

Color is more accurate on the pics taken outside, unfortunately it was raining today, so i had to take the others inside.

Enjoy!

levifull.jpg

img2264x.jpg

img2265gi.jpg

img2293c.jpg

img2286v.jpg

img2290i.jpg

Hey guys quick question -- the JCPenneys and Younkers I've been to *might* have STF but I cannot tell. Why? None of the tags/labels/etc. have the works "SHRINK TO FIT" furthermore, there were no "XX" after the size. Do STFs only have these characteristics? Or is it possible that they have neither? I really dont want to have to order from Levis website, man.

Did they feel like cardboard? If they are STF's they would say it on the paper they put on the back pocket. and if you dont want to get from levis.com just because its the most expensive go to zappos.com free shipping and stfs are around 35-38 dollars. and they have verde STFs

whatup, heres some pics of my 501xx STF's after somewhere around a year of daily wear. they were washed once I believe, around 10 months?

I wore these back in HS 5 years ago, they were my first ever pair of raw denim, which I bought after doing tons of research on here. When I asked the guy in the NY Levis store on broadway for the STF's he gave me a wierd look and had to ask the manager what they were haha.

These have a bit of a yellowish tinge.. at least partially from sweat--it was a hot summer and I wore them religiously. I also go biking daily, which I think has a lot to do with how the denim I wear fades. This is responsible for some the holes :).

Color is more accurate on the pics taken outside, unfortunately it was raining today, so i had to take the others inside.

Enjoy!

levifull.jpg

img2264x.jpg

img2265gi.jpg

]

these need to be seen again... amazing what some serious time can do to a pair. that takes some persistence. +rep

Hey Super! What's the difference between Levi's Shrink to Fit and the XX version? I just soaked my second pair of STFs and before I did I noticed that the patch says "XX".

Maybe a dumb question, but I'm kinda new to the denim game :)

The XX is on every pair of STFs.