Samurai S5000 owners

I can't believe I almost gave up on my pair of 5000BKs. After hemming and 2 hot soaks these are pretty much the best fitting pair of pants I've ever owned, and my current go-to jeans. I cannot recommend these enough, size down and you WILL be satisfied. I see a pair of S5000vx and possibly another pair of BKs down the road.

IMG_5781.JPG

IMG_5782.JPG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice fit wing, I didnt size down and they seem fine in the waist.. Only time will tell.. I cant decide if Im gonna go for the stack or for the hem.. probably the latter. I just dont know how much more they shrink after several washes.. What kinda of shrinkage did yours experience? Im assuming that 5000vx and 5000bk shrink the same

Mine didn't shrink that much in the thighs/knee, majority of the shrinkage was in the inseam, which shrank about 5cm. I went for the hem since I don't like excessive stacking with a leg opening this large.

Just measured mine post soak, waist 26

Before soak 28.4 inches

After warm soak (2 hours) - 28 inches

wtf?

I think this is the reason people say to downsize in these. They don't shrink much first soak. However, from what I've heard, they continue to shrink with each soak. This is why I soaked mine 3 times and 20 mins in the dryer.

Cool, I sent you a PM BTW.. I just dont wanna lose all the stiffness thats all I guess. Im not sure how the rest of hte jeans fits other than the waist cause I cant get htem on (buttons are too hadr to get out at the moment, dont wanna stretch the waist trying to get em out)

Guest jeffvyain

give them a hot wash with little to no detergent. then either hang dry or throw them in the dryer for added shrinkage. they may not be as stiff as they are now, but they're still heavy enough to hold creases really well. a couple hours soak isn't going to change the 5000s very much.

i actually just read all 516 posts. i'm a 34 waist, and i wear a 33 in levis 501xx, and i plan on picking up some BK's asap (my first samurai's). so is it safe to say i should just size down 1 and get the size 33 for a normal fit or would even a 32 be okay (i dont want it to be slim though)? please advise... forgive me for being a sammie rookie. thanks

*nevermind, i think im just going to go with the 33's if they eventually shrink to tagged size...

Put in an order at the Samurai website last night. My computer doesnt have Japanese font loaded on it so couldnt translate a message to post with my order. (had a friend translate the order boxes). Has anyone ordered lately from them to know if they still have an english speaking person to get back to emails and such? What kind of service have you gotten and am i right on the price after shipping? $225 ish?

i actually just read all 516 posts. i'm a 34 waist, and i wear a 33 in levis 501xx, and i plan on picking up some BK's asap (my first samurai's). so is it safe to say i should just size down 1 and get the size 33 for a normal fit or would even a 32 be okay (i dont want it to be slim though)? please advise... forgive me for being a sammie rookie. thanks

*nevermind, i think im just going to go with the 33's if they eventually shrink to tagged size...

Youre from the Bay Area, come to Self Edge and try on a pair for yourself, to see wat size to get.

I'm getting that the consensus is size down 1 from your usual / levi 501 for a "safe" fit, 2 for a more fitted fit?

Size down 1 if you're going to wash/soak them regularly, size down 2 for a "safe" fit if you're going to wear them a lot without soaking, they stretch like a bitch.. sizing down 1 has the most perfect fit for only about a week post-soak.

Size down 1 if you're going to wash/soak them regularly, size down 2 for a "safe" fit if you're going to wear them a lot without soaking, they stretch like a bitch.. sizing down 1 has the most perfect fit for only about a week post-soak.

so is this the picture? i wear 501 stf perfectly at sz 32. if i buy me a pair of s5000vx i should go with 31?

so is this the picture? i wear 501 stf perfectly at sz 32. if i buy me a pair of s5000vx i should go with 31?

Wait a minute, isn't a stf size 32 actually like a size 30 after shrinking? I believe STF shrink from measured size, where Samurai is supposed to shrink to measured size. If you go one size lower than STF, wouldn't that effectively be sizing up?