Samurai S5000 owners

yeah, in retrospect it was a bit dumb of me but I've done it with my Nudies and APCs to no ill effect. Maybe samurai's buttons are different?

I did some squats in my PBJ AI-001 and heard a snap, scared the shit out of me. The a small part of the two innermost threads under the crotch snapped :P

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know if anything i'd have expected sammies to be less prone to such failures than nudies or apcs.
me too. The only thing I can think of is that 17oz denim would take longer to stretch, meaning more pressure on the buttons if you try to stretch them in the same amount of time.

any one wanna trade my once hot soaked 30in waist for a 28in waist :(

i just wore them once today and the waist is now like 32in WTF?!?!? they are bigger than my 32x32 LVC 501's that are fully shrunk. i'm pretty sure the sammi's are fully shrunk too, soaked them for like 5 hours and threw them in the dryer a bit (all inside out of course).

any one wanna trade my once hot soaked 30in waist for a 28in waist :(

i just wore them once today and the waist is now like 32in WTF?!?!? they are bigger than my 32x32 LVC 501's that are fully shrunk. i'm pretty sure the sammi's are fully shrunk too, soaked them for like 5 hours and threw them in the dryer a bit (all inside out of course).

hey where did you get your bks from and whats your actual waist?

just recieved mine. they are fucking awesome. i got a size 36 but im a fat ass right now so im maybe a centimeter or two from comfortably gettin em buttoned, but im planning on dropping 20 poubds or so in the fall...so excited about these....

you know what wouldve been good is if you get the waist size of the jeans of your ideal weight then see if you can work your weight down to it. :rolleyes:

okay so ive rtead this whole forum but i want a definitive answer. when i start wearing these i should

1) soak them in water (hot or cold?)

2) wear them or not wear them while they soak?

3) use dryer or let dry naturally

thanks

1) soak them in water (hot or cold?) depends on how much you want to shrink them the first time,hotter the water you get the max shrink

wearing when damped cuts your time of stretching naturally when dry

depends on how much you want them to shrink and how fast you wan them to dry.

okay so ive rtead this whole forum but i want a definitive answer. when i start wearing these i should

1) soak them in water (hot or cold?)

thanks

i say full soak in hot water, full dry, these fuckers are tough. heavy wieght cotton tends not to shrink as much.

OK so this is probably not as useful now given most stores have sold out but anyhoo, now that I have my 28's, I can offer comparison measurements between my 29's. All measurements taken raw, 29's first, 28's after:

Waist (circumference): 32 / 30.4

Inseam: 38.5 / 38.5

Outseam: 48 / 48

Front rise: 10.5 / 10.5

Rear rise: 14.1 / 14

Knee: 9.6 / 9

Hem: 8.4 / 8

And lilbuku I will reply to your PM asap :)

I have bought a pair of S5000BK and I really need help. I'm also new on the forum and I know nothing about soaking, washing and so on.

So i need the full menu! How long should i soak them? They are a little tight around my waist, what should i do about that?

I wan't no colour losses in the beginning atleast.

• 2 weeks later...