Samurai S5000 owners

i would like to encourage people to post pictures of their s5000vx/bk to show off the fit...

I'm not sure if i want to take the tags off mine(5000vx) and soak 'em because they seem like baggy or something.

wearing mine in BIG they were actually fitted already, shrinking them in a hot wash and stretching the waist out worked perfect for me, you might have been a victim of sizing if you're going for the tight look and theyre already baggy...sorry

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i want to doubt that it was a sizing error because the waist is pretty tight in an unwash/unsoaked state. the thighs/legs/hem seems too wide. wider than sd-103s were before a soak anyways.. maybe im just addicted to the fit of my pbj005s.

wearing mine in BIG they were actually fitted already, shrinking them in a hot wash and stretching the waist out worked perfect for me, you might have been a victim of sizing if you're going for the tight look and theyre already baggy...sorry

i want to doubt that it was a sizing error because the waist is pretty tight in an unwash/unsoaked state. the thighs/legs/hem seems too wide. wider than sd-103s were before a soak anyways.. maybe im just addicted to the fit of my pbj005s.

yeah, than thats probably the case, i doubt no matter how much you size down the thighs would be as tight as the pbj's

I wasn't commenting on the denim quality or the overall construction, I was just saying that why should buttons fly off on a pair of $200-300 jeans that are supposed to have been made with the finest craftsmanship. I mean...I could only see this happening if they were sized down like 4 sizes or there was some sort of quality issue.

thats what happens when u size down 1 size less than what you really are. lets say your waist measures exactly at 32 and you buy a size 30. that means there are 2 extra inches where the entire denim round the waist needs to stretch. If there is too much tension then the button will pop off.

All you need to do is take it to a tailor and say you need it sowed back on. They will sow it for you and it will be bullet proof and never pop off again. it costs like 3 to 4 dollars.

Guest jeffvyain

i just took a nice sliding spill longboarding in my s5000vx's yesterday...took a bit of indigo off the side of my hip/upper leg area and a little skin off my thumb and my elbow. it was most definitely worth it.

aside from a small amount of indigo lost, sliding on my side and my ass for 10 feet or so didn't even produce a whimper out of the sams. theys is tough

Just did a hot soak for like 10 mins lastnight... and then cold for 4hours..... & let them hang dry for the night. I wore them to work and boy are they stiff... Love them!!! I wanted to turn them inside out and let them stand up by themselves & take a pic but I didn't have a chance to do that. (also quite a bit of indigo came off the jeans in my tub, but they still look incredible)

I've been wearing my JR cali's for about a month straight so it's been a while since I've put the 5000's on. I bought them earlier in the summer when I had some extra pounds on, and since I've been back at school I've gotten back into the habit of running again. I just measured the waist, and it's a about 16.3-5 inches across. I wore them hard for a week, no sweating involved, just long hours, so they should be completely stretched. I can measure any other part you need as well.

• 4 weeks later...