Samurai S5000 owners

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just picked mine up at the post office this morning. I quickly looked them over and tried them on before work. I ordered my normal size and they are a bit to big in the waist, so I will have to soak before wearing. Have not decided if I should soak cold or hot yet.

I will do a warm soak. They cost about 270-280$, so same as BIG.

They tried to deliver mine today but I wasn't home, I will pick them up tomorrow.

DDML, PICS PLEASE???

oh, and if you think they're too small, I WILL BUY BUY BUY!!!! :D it does sound like theyre too small ;)

ATTENTION EVERYONE :::: I WANT TO BUY SIZE 30 or 31 AND SELL SIZE 29... if ddml's measurements are correct!

Just picked mine up at the post office this morning. I quickly looked them over and tried them on before work. I ordered my normal size and they are a bit to big in the waist, so I will have to soak before wearing. Have not decided if I should soak cold or hot yet.

hey ron what size did you get?

did you gain some weight?

hmmm.. will take pics at home-----in about 4 hours.

notes:

-the stitching is three different black tones: gray (inseam stitching and elsewhere), jet black (bartacked belt loops and the chainstitching on the yoke), and a reddish black (arcuate and the tops of the back pockets)

-very slubby, we know this, but there are some really BIG slubs, like ants crawling up your leg

-tagged 30 measures 15" across the back of the waist band pre-soak (!!!); lucky that i am between 29 and 30

-came with a sticker

whoa------just tried them on (presoak) and they are tight! not much ball-room. difficult (impossible?) to button the fly. i am afraid to warm wash them. may have to just do a luke-warm soak in the master's style. good luck HJJ and others who may have sized down.

^^ owned by hello kitty :P

greentea, i answered you via PM, like a good lizard. (i don't think i gained weight)

on second thought i may warm wash them and if they shrink too much, off to supermarket. i don't want my honeycombs to end up on the side of my leg...

please warm soak them instead, so I can buy them :) Same shrinkage, just a little more gentle!

hmmm.. will take pics at home-----in about 4 hours.

notes:

-the stitching is three different black tones: gray (inseam stitching and elsewhere), jet black (bartacked belt loops and the chainstitching on the yoke), and a reddish black (arcuate and the tops of the back pockets)

-very slubby, we know this, but there are some really BIG slubs, like ants crawling up your leg

-tagged 30 measures 15" across the back of the waist band pre-soak (!!!); lucky that i am between 29 and 30

-came with a sticker

whoa------just tried them on (presoak) and they are tight! not much ball-room. difficult (impossible?) to button the fly. i am afraid to warm wash them. may have to just do a luke-warm soak in the master's style. good luck HJJ and others who may have sized down.

That's the samuari I know, not the shrink to tag that everyone has

My pair arrived this morning. Tagged 29 x 36, measurements in raw state a perfect 32" waist and a 38.5" inseam. I am a mongoloid for changing my mind on the W28 pair Toshiko held for me. Needless to say my pair will be heading to Supermarket asap. Feel free to PM me. Oh and judging by my pair all those who sized down need not worry.

i got this from gordon:

"This email is to confirm that the S5000BK's do measure 2" bigger than tagged size and will shrink to tagged size with normal wash/dry. Cold soaking, one hot soak, maybe even one hot wash may not bring these down to tagged size. We have a pair of 505's from the Samuari staff size 30 that was worn and washed every month for 7 months and they measure a perfect 30. If you purchased according to your true waist size, not your waist size in another denim brand for example, then you should be ok. We will try our best to rearrange preorders for those still uncertain about their correct size but I cannot make any guarentees as the non preorder items have been sold or are on the salesfloor.

Regards,

Gordon"

nobody pay attention to me, but after the soak, i had a hell of time getting these jeans buttoned----------TIGHT! i didn't measure, but these size 30s fit like a size 29. (i'm a 30 in EVERYTHING); the water turned really dark blue afterward, and the jeans kept dripping blue everywhere----i had to put a rag down and it turned blue, too. they are pretty darn low rise. if anything, i would size UP b/c these want to ride your hips. you guys are gonna think i'm crazy, but i don't know, you may be right. i can't find my camera, and i'm busy washing my hawaii's right now, so PATIENCE all.

oh, and the jeans looked gray before the soak, now they look BLACK BLACK BLACK. i can't remember what color the tab was before the soak, but now it looks like it is black overdyed red (that is, black over red); the pocket bags are gray and the weft is grayish.

this has been an intense experience, folks.

nobody pay attention to me, but after the soak, i had a hell of time getting these jeans buttoned----------TIGHT! i didn't measure, but these size 30s fit like a size 29. (i'm a 30 in EVERYTHING); the water turned really dark blue afterward, and the jeans kept dripping blue everywhere----i had to put a rag down and it turned blue, too. they are pretty darn low rise. if anything, i would size UP b/c these want to ride your hips. you guys are gonna think i'm crazy, but i don't know, you may be right. i can't find my camera, and i'm busy washing my hawaii's right now, so PATIENCE all.

oh, and the jeans looked gray before the soak, now they look BLACK BLACK BLACK. i can't remember what color the tab was before the soak, but now it looks like it is black overdyed red (that is, black over red); the pocket bags are gray and the weft is grayish.

Your sacrifice is not going unnoticed, brave lizard.

So, did you learn the secrets of the SugarCane detergent?

Can someone measure the front & rear rise for these please.

Also what's people actual size to the tag size they bought. So have we decided best to purchase couple of size down?

Here's measuements of mine just picked up from Blue in Green:

Tag: 32x36

Waist: 17" across back, 34.25" along inside waistband

Front rise: 11.25"

Back rise: 14.75"

Inseam: 38.25"

Knee: 9.25"

Hem: 9"

Are they overdyed black? If not why the blue water?