which you like? raw jeans to fade yourself or used denim already fading by shaving or dying etc

Ryu

hi guys

i always enjoy watching every thread.

and i have a question like the subject.

which you like ?

i like both. but i love to fade jeans by myself.

so i prefer raw to used taste jeans.

used one is no damage and has good clear blue color.

that's very good ! i do love it too.

thx to every one.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ryu,

I've enjoyed your posts as well, your website is amazing, you've definitely set a precedent when it comes to wearing your jeans.

Personally, I like fading jeans in myself. This is mostly due to the fact that I'm quite short and buying pre-washed/distressed denim doesn't look quite right on my legs. For the price, it makes a lot more sense just to buy raw, and put in the work to make them look good.

If I were taller, I probably would have a lot more experience buying premium jeans with nice washes and fades, but now that I've gotten into the habit of buying raw, I doubt I'll go back. It has made me a lot pickier when I see pre-washed jeans.

hi Yet Fung

thx sooo much.

my purpose to make my site is THAT POINT ! like you say

'you've definitely set a precedent when it comes to wearing your jeans'

i really happy to hear that !

Quote:

RYU!!!

i like RAW denim------------i like the natural fade.

and it is cheaper!

--- Original message by denimdestroyedmylife on Jun 12, 2006 10:36 AM

yeah yeah

hi DDML.

to my surprise, used-like jeans costs more than $100-!!!

it's weired!

don't you think so??

we can do such a simple and easy hand-shaving !!!

I definitely prefer raw jeans more, but I would definitely like a couple nice pre-washed/distressed jeans in my collection. Sometimes you just want a pair of worn out jeans to wear when you're feeling lazy or when you go out or whatever.

Of course, my Studio D'artisans will start looking like that pretty soon, at which point I can "retire" them and start breaking in a different pair of raw jeans....

Quote:

RYU!!!

i like RAW denim------------i like the natural fade.

and it is cheaper!

--- Original message by denimdestroyedmylife on Jun 12, 2006 10:36 AM

Cheaper +

Natural Fade +

Raw denim is the best...what can be better than something that is cheaper and looks cooler...plus you can wear the same pair of jeans every fucking day if you want icon_smile_big.gif!

As for washes...I like very few washed jeans...I think Acne does the best washes...the Max Garage is pretty good...the Dry Clean wash is great. Julian Red does some cool washes too, they are usually just a solid color (mainly greys and blacks) that are washed...I have one pair of Julian Red Cali V-Boys which I like a lot. It's not dry, but it is selvage and has this cool charcoal color...plus it fits great. Overall I prefer raw denim though.

Raw without a doubt. I never understood the predistressed thing. I am for the most part a utilitarian and I find it funny that people would by new jeans that look used. I also laugh at myself for spending $300 on a pair of jeans.

i am with whoever said they were too short, the only washed jeans that work well on me are the black imperial dukes every other pair has sat badly on me.

besides i have long history with raw jeans, they were all that was around when i was a kid.

teisco.gif

i've always been a fan of wearing one pair of jeans everyday. so raw gives me an excuse. plus i like honeycombs a lot and never used to have them on my jeans, so basically i prefer raw, but a pair of nice washed jeans is cool like this one.

front2.jpg

idk how you would naturally get that look. play in the mud? but i think it looks really good.

Part of the allure of a good pair of jeans is that they absorb character from the wearer. If you start off with a pair of unwashed, or very dark, uniform colour jeans, and spend the next few years wearing them they develop a life of their own - the whiskers reflect where they crease when you sit down, your wallet shows up, and so on and so forth.

On the other hand, my Yen Jeans were a fairly light colour to begin with, and I dig them too. But I wouldn't go in for a hyper-washed pair, or some that paint splattered or ripped/holed. I remember the 1980s and Bros too well for that!

Edited by Dr Jonboy on Jun 12, 2006 at 02:07 PM

Quote:

i like my denim raw and chicken choked.

--- Original message by Chicken on Jun 14, 2006 01:11 PM

kewel shit me too man ! my girl has this one technique she is killer at when doing it btw ..

Edited by numero_uno_3xl on Jun 15, 2006 at 12:42 AM