which you like? raw jeans to fade yourself or used denim already fading by shaving or dying etc

Ryu

thanks comment startmeup and Chicken about my jeans

1-3skami.jpg

the dog's one in this catalog

http://letgoasyoulike.fc2web.com/denim.htm

detail

http://letgoasyoulike.fc2web.com/3s-1.htm

Chicken

i'm afraid this is not a MABO one.

but to my surprise, you know that one !!!

how did you know that ??icon_smile_shock.gif

this jeans was made by the man who really like 'American stlye' we call it Ame-casi'

so this patch was printed univ. mark Bulldog !!

that shop WAS near my house. now it close.....

the most superior point is you know THE PRICE.

only 5900-yen is awesome !!!

and this has very standard style like buttoned fly,chain-stitching,paper-patch

not buggy and not also skinny.

but that fabric is good for its price, is not better than other Japanese jeans.

if you wanna buy it, i recommend you to choose Sugar Cane 1947.

why? its fabric is a bit flatter than Sugar cane....

if you know Uniqlo jeans, it is simillar.

want some info.

please ask me !

Edited by Ryu on Jun 16, 2006 at 11:44 PM

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote: Chicken

i'm afraid this is not a MABO one.

but to my surprise, you know that one !!!

how did you know that ??

this jeans was made by the man who really like 'American stlye' we call it Ame-casi'

so this patch was printed univ. mark Bulldog !!

that shop WAS near my house. now it close.....

Ryu, I've been collecting and reading a bunch of books about denim. (I probably could have bought another pair of good denim with that money I've spent, ha ha ha.) MABO comes up few times and the "m" pocket stitching on your bulldog jeans looked very similar to them.

Wow, but that price (Â¥5900) is hard to beat. Did you know that that bulldog is a mascot for Georgetown University, where people like Bill Clinton went? One of my friends went there, too. Maybe he would want a pair.

http://store.fansonly.com/marketplace/store_contents.cfm?cart_id=120616273718572111121975937820061706&store_id=241&dept_id=3938&product_id=59848

Thanks for the info. Amekaji banzai! Hehe.

i went to the shop deal with MABO !!

the shop has lots of rare jeans !! awesome !

the man who made my jeans said

' i like Ame casi, and i'm a kinda univ. sweat collector'

so i believe he imitates George's bulldog

btw what jeans do you wear now Chicken?

i know lots of jeans have a leather patch that is made of cow or deer.

it's interesting there is a patch made of Chicken's one....

ha ha ha ha. from now on, i want to be known as "chicken patch". it'll also work if you're trying to quit smoking.

actually, if paper patch works, then why not a chicken patch? you might be on to something.

right now, my main wear is apc new standard. i have uniqlo ring denim (like you), earnest sewn fulton and evisu x doraemon as my "rainy day" wears. i also have blueway 15oz (Â¥6,900), uniqlo shuttle denim, griege manufacturing, apc (old) standard and levi's orange tab 517 in the cue (or library, according to serge).

i'm looking to move up to a more "serious" japanese denims, but i'm trying to be selective because there's only so many pairs i can show love to at one time. i'm thinking maybe i could use two more: one replica with great vertical fading (like eternal or warehouse) and one slubby and heavy craft jeans (like oni or samurai).

reading list-wise, tweedles, you can find a lot of them here:

http://denim-gallery.heavy.jp/books.html

out of those, i have:

stylebook.jpgbooks7.jpgbooks10.jpgbooks11.jpg

then, i'm also reading:

77790210.jpg4846521508.jpg

good reads.

They're all perfect bound books. Different ones have different contents. Some of them are specific company-focused and some get into all sorts of brands. Some of them get into design/manufacturing details, too. But only to a point that interesting to denim fans. If you're serious about making your own or something, I think you have to dig deeper than these books.

If I were to translate them, I don't think I'll publish them here but I'd rather go straight to the publishers. I have this thing called "day job" after all. But I will try to find some interesting little articles here and there to contribute here and share some excitement. (Too bad my scanner software still doesn't work. Microtek software is just plain awful.)

Guest Fade to Black

I actually prefer pre-worn denim over raw jeans...they're more comfortable, and for me at least I find the process of wearing raw jeans and breaking them in day after day very frustrating. My OCD doesn't make it any better as I wear raw jeans I find myself constantly having little tics with the jeans where I'll start marching in place then checking and rubbing the creases on the thighs seeing if they've lost any indigo. Really frustrating. I also get bored of wearing the same jean for an extended period of time, so I feel much more at home rotating a few pairs of washed jeans. The only raw jeans I have i'll wear every now and then and keep them unwashed, sometimes I'll wear them for a few days or a week-long stretch them put them back on the shelf and wear em again after a while, maybe some day they'll get really faded.

I do agree with you there.

Although I have been wearing only raw for the past 5 months, it gets very boring especially if you read SF regularly, because you are always seeing amazing faded jeans while you seem to be wearing the same dark blue, day after day after day after day.....

Sometimes its nice to wear dark blue colour at other times, I wish I could find a distressed jeans I liked. That said - I have actually NEVER seen a predistressed jeans that I actually liked (even before my standards raised due to learning more about denim) because they always looked phoney to me, with knee 'creases' and 'fading' in the wrong areas of my legs.

Guest Fade to Black

yeah most pre-worn jeans on the market these days are way overdone. Also agree with you about the phony looking wear marks, i got a few pairs of washed Diors that look great with their flattering shape, but the treatment looks quite artificial. I find 45 RPM's washed jeans are the best in the aspect that while the washes are quite vivid, they're still plausible...since they're also done by Spotted Horsecraft, Yohji Yamamoto's jeans (whenever he does them) are also worth consideration.

i just saw samples of some new distressed warehouse dubble works jeans. they are not for sale yet, but will be soon. i don't even think they are on their website.

one was a repro of a redline 501, one was 505 style with zipper (but with selvage).

i gotta tell you, they were so frickin' realistic it was scary. everything from the faded arcuate, to the color of the denim to the feel of the denim. they were exactly like a 20-30 year old pair of levis. old redlines have a distinct feel, very soft and buttery. there is also a distinct look that only aged denim can have, kind of splotchy and muted. these warehouse jeans captured the effect perfectly.

the wear marks were super realistic and when you wear the jeans, everything creases beautifully.

i was so impressed!

i know that even if i tried, i couldn't get a pair of jeans to wear that beautifully. makes me really want to get a pair like that--something that is already in a perfected state. of course, i will still get dry denim but damn, those warehouse jeans were so nice.

Ryu, do you know any other Japanese denimheads who know a little bit of English? If so, invite them on here!

the more the merrier icon_smile_big.gif

hi minya

i did that....

but i'm afraid there is no one who can understand a bit of English....

sorry

i just saw samples of some new distressed warehouse dubble works jeans. they are not for sale yet, but will be soon. i don't even think they are on their website.

one was a repro of a redline 501, one was 505 style with zipper (but with selvage).

i gotta tell you, they were so frickin' realistic it was scary. everything from the faded arcuate, to the color of the denim to the feel of the denim. they were exactly like a 20-30 year old pair of levis. old redlines have a distinct feel, very soft and buttery. there is also a distinct look that only aged denim can have, kind of splotchy and muted. these warehouse jeans captured the effect perfectly.

the wear marks were super realistic and when you wear the jeans, everything creases beautifully.

i was so impressed!

i know that even if i tried, i couldn't get a pair of jeans to wear that beautifully. makes me really want to get a pair like that--something that is already in a perfected state. of course, i will still get dry denim but damn, those warehouse jeans were so nice.

Where, when do they go on sale, for how much? please dont tell me they're in the same range as BESPOKE by 45rpm... :-(

Yeah, to be fair, some raw jeans I own are extremely comfortable, almost as if they had been worn and washed a million times (Wrangler Blue Bell repros : where has the 'Love' icon gone??!!)

However, some raw jeans are very uncomfrotable to wear. And also, as raw jeans get dirty, they get dull.

Not dirty as in tomato ketchup all over them, but dirty as in a build up of dust and everyday 'invsible' dirt.