Age and favourite Denim brand

Raw Selvedge

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well seeing as this thread is back from the dead, I've turned 28 and managed to get a hold of some japanese jeans, I've got to add a little.

Eternal 811. Nice slim fit and amazing color denim that is Similar to WWII model Flathead (HJJ has a pair and we compared them) but a bit slubbier.

I really like the Warehouse 660 contest too though, it pleases me a lot to find that they fade a little faster than what I'm used too.

I have two pairs of canes, Hawaii mixed and the new Slack Denim. I like em equally much and I like that they are so different from all the others.

Denim Denom Sarves is also a favourite. Untreated Turkish denim that looks and feels like japanese denim and the fit is a really good modern vintage.

Of the LVC's I own: 1955, great cut and the nicest LVC denim I've seen

Of the Lee/Edwin repros I own: 1934, surprisingly the most modern fit of the Edwin repros and superb detailing and denim.

18, ande whall, april 77, SOMET

Bought the AW's looking to step up the quality of jeans I wore by a considerable amount, but wasn't 100% in love with the fit. Then I got the a77's pretty much entirely for the fit, since the quality is pretty bad. Out in NY I got ahold of the SOMETS which are a perfect combination of both fit and high quality.

I really have no clue what my next pair will be.. Still have a lot of life left in all my jeans.

19, Undergrad Music Student.

It's difficult to pinpoint a single brand as far as where my loyalties lie, effectively exacerbated by the fact that I haven't been "into" denim (dry doubly so) for all that long. There are still too many labels I haven't even tried on. Predictably enough, a majority of those being Japanese repro models so popular on forums such as this. I can say that my all around favorite current label is probably Nudie. Albeit, the denim quality is less than amazing (my Olas were pretty flimsy), the dye jobs less than perfect, but the fits are usually spot on.

As far as denim goes, and as far as the labels I have tried on, I am pretty impressed with these Levi's Premium Skinners I'm currently breaking. My affinity still lay with a solid bootcut, and it provides in most of the right places. Whether it could butt heads with the likes of Samurai and the gang, let the boys at BiG deliberate over that one. I have yet to test the LVC waters.

Uniqlo also has some impressive quality to boast and the benefit of riding on those undulating waves of Japan mania culture that seems to be pervading Soho these days. My B-002s don't disappoint.

20 yrs old. I've been in love with jeans for many years. levis,evisu,apcs,diors,neighborhood,sammies,TFH,Maharishi,Lee,45rpm are ones i have. Right now i m in love with dior. I have a pair of 19 black raw and a 21 grey distressed. The grey distress is my current favorite, wonderful fit and look.