Pure Blue Japan

midnight

They will shrink, if you soak or wash, even beyond being wearable. You have two options:

- sell and take your loss

- sit in a warm bath with the jeans on and let dry on you, chances are they will settle at a 'wearable' shrinkage, but don't take my word for it, I'm no expert in Japanese jeans. Anyway, it's what I would do with a pair of LVC's...

They will shrink, if you soak or wash, even beyond being wearable. You have two options:

- sell and take your loss

- sit in a warm bath with the jeans on and let dry on you, chances are they will settle at a 'wearable' shrinkage, but don't take my word for it, I'm no expert in Japanese jeans. Anyway, it's what I would do with a pair of LVC's...

I like this second option. Can anyone comment on the plausibility of this?

no sweat dude, when you wash/ rinse them wedge a baking tray or a similar object (that will replicate your waist size) in the waist band when you hang them up to dry, to stop them shrinking. Will be tight at first but will gradually expand..if that fails take them back and complain, customer is always right ;)

They are one wash

According to BiG's website they sell the XX-005 in both one wash and raw. If I was the original poster I'd contact BiG, confirm which model was purchased, and if they aren't one wash explain the situation to them. I'd keep the tags and would not soak or wash the jeans before speaking to BiG. If there was an honest mistake made, they may be willing to exchange the jeans.

I am pretty sure BiG would work something out with you if you haven't worn them besides the trying on even though you got them hemmed. I have seen hemmed jeans listed on their site before. Also Gordon is a great guy.

I emailed Gordon and he was really helpful. I decided to keep them as is. I am gonna wear them raw for a while until they stretch a bit then cold soak them. I think that should be perfect.

I got a pair of 36s 2 days ago and yeah, if you're not a scarecrow figure you've gotta size up. My one washes are pretty snug in the thigh but not too awful, I'm guessing they' stretch a little bit with some wear so I'm not too worried. If you're deciding to size down maybe consider starting a cocaine addiction since that might help you get down to the weight needed.