Red Cloud & Co. jeans

Hsin

Hi all,

I cannot believe I took so long to find out that there has been such an active redcloud thread here.

I chanced upon redcloud while searching for wabash jeans and it was a cheaper alternative as compared to the likes of ironheart etc.

I have a pair of wabash jeans from redcloud for about almost 2 years and have washed them around 5 times, and I would like to check with you guys here if anybody have ever experienced any similiar issues.

Within the first couple of months of wearing, i noticed the part slightly above the hem and the hem itself (where the jeans is rolled up), the threading started to wear out and give way. I had no idea why, I figured it was due to the way I walked, the hems of the jeans rubbed against each other and caused this. but if you look closely at one of the pictures, the stitching gave way in the middle and if the action of the hems brushing against each other was that intense, the scruffs would have been equally worse. This really really bothered me at the beginning, but each time I wore it i just tried to roll the jeans a little higher or cut off the loose thread. I was too lazy to bring it to a tailor.

IMG_7286.jpg

IMG_7288.jpg

IMG_7289.jpg

IMG_7290.jpg

Another problem I had was the zippo/coins compartment above the front-right pocket. This came slightly later about a year after getting it. the top right part of the pocket gave way again. This I could attribute it to my rough handling/actions. But, honestly I have never faced this problem with my other jeans. The middle portion of the zippo/coins compartment gave way and tore like it was made of paper. I cannot imagine what I had put into the pockets other than round coins in my entire process of owning this pair of jeans that would have caused the tear. Again I feel perhaps this could be attributed to my rough handling/actions but again, I have never faced this problems with any of my other jeans.

As you can see from the picture, where it has been poorly patched in black thread. I couldn't really careless at this point of time already so I quickly got someone to stitched up the tears for me so my coins do not keep dropping or eventually lose an entire coin pocket.

IMG_7284.jpg

Another problem I faced just quite recently, was the tag/patch that they have in their rear-right pocket, is that the threads started to give way as well. It is really disappointing because i really liked this little detail in the pocket and I have never utilized that pocket at all ever other than the occasional hand-at-the-back-of-pocket-while-waiting-in-the-lift kinda moments. if you take a closer look at the outside fades on the back pocket and the denim in the interior is like fresh.

IMG_7285.jpg

*Please note, I would like to clearly state I am not here to diss on redcloud or whatsoever.

In fact I really really like the brand and the products that they are churning out and the image/brand that they have become. I would just to find out if it is just me and my rough usage or have anyone with the same pair of wabash have had any similiar problems or if anybody have any great insight on some of the stuff i brought up.

This is definitely one of my top favorite pair of jeans to wear but with all these little issues, I am finding it very hard to love this pair of jeans.

Please advise.

Peace

i don't think any of the 'problems' you described are really problem per se, they are just the ways in which a pair of pants ages. Wabash Fabric is inherently not as hard-wearing fabric as denim fabric to begin with, and red cloud uses 100% cotton thread which breaks easier than polycore thread too. 

anyway sick looking pair of wabsh. show full view!

I've had the same tearing on the inside of the hem on my R400H, but didn't think much of it as it happens to every pair that I've cuffed multiple times. However! I got a pair that was completely falling apart hemmed, and all of a sudden the tearing stopped. Maybe that is the key.

Hi all,

*Please note, I would like to clearly state I am not here to diss on redcloud or whatsoever.

In fact I really really like the brand and the products that they are churning out and the image/brand that they have become. I would just to find out if it is just me and my rough usage or have anyone with the same pair of wabash have had any similiar problems or if anybody have any great insight on some of the stuff i brought up.

This is definitely one of my top favorite pair of jeans to wear but with all these little issues, I am finding it very hard to love this pair of jeans.

Please advise.

Peace

All I can say is, that is one really worn pants and definitely amazing. 

I am sorry but I will not be able to explain why or how things broke on a pair of pants after wearing it for 2 yrs. 

My belief is that, it is due to wear and tear, frequent wearing. And you have certainly done a great job, wtkl.

We welcome all honest feedbacks and comments here, good or bad. All it matters is how we can know more about Red Cloud.

Singapore's Tuckshop & Sundry Supplies has got a pair of the same RC Wabash, worn for 3 yrs, washed unlimited time.

10492080_666949786708090_386217080215439

Nothing broke so far....

Oh... Can I have your permission to post your wabash pictures on our social media?

i don't think any of the 'problems' you described are really problem per se, they are just the ways in which a pair of pants ages. Wabash Fabric is inherently not as hard-wearing fabric as denim fabric to begin with, and red cloud uses 100% cotton thread which breaks easier than polycore thread too. 

anyway sick looking pair of wabsh. show full view!

I've had the same tearing on the inside of the hem on my R400H, but didn't think much of it as it happens to every pair that I've cuffed multiple times. However! I got a pair that was completely falling apart hemmed, and all of a sudden the tearing stopped. Maybe that is the key.

Thanks for your responses and experience, guys.

I do agree, the wabash is generally not as "solid" as denim fabric and the 2nd and 3rd "problem" mentioned earlier is kinda negligible

and rather justified with all the wearing and tearing.

But what really kinda bothered me was the strange case of the loose thread at the hem. Like I said, i tried to yank it off initially and at some point it got a little out of control and it let out a big hole as shown in one of the pix. Subsequently, i just cut it loose and folded the pants higher and got on with it.

All I can say is, that is one really worn pants and definitely amazing. 

I am sorry but I will not be able to explain why or how things broke on a pair of pants after wearing it for 2 yrs. 

My belief is that, it is due to wear and tear, frequent wearing. And you have certainly done a great job, wtkl.

We welcome all honest feedbacks and comments here, good or bad. All it matters is how we can know more about Red Cloud.

Singapore's Tuckshop & Sundry Supplies has got a pair of the same RC Wabash, worn for 3 yrs, washed unlimited time.

10492080_666949786708090_386217080215439

Nothing broke so far....

Oh... Can I have your permission to post your wabash pictures on our social media?

Thanks for your response, Tuckshop!

As mentioned above, I'm abit more affected with the stitching at the hem. And after the loose stitching took place a couple of months after getting the pants, I guess it sort of got through to me that it was just a pair of pants afterall and made me just wear the pants and work it as it should be. But with the recent discovery of the tears and loose stitching of the patch in the rear-right pocket, it made me a little disappointed as this is really my favorite pair of pants to wear and the wash and everything is really starting to come together.

To be honest, despite all these, I am really considering getting another same pair of rc wabash to start from the very beginning.

And here with regards to some requests for full view of my pants.

And to Tuckshop's earlier request, please feel free to use the pictures, I am more than glad to share them with you.

IMG_7307.jpg

IMG_7309.jpg

IMG_7310.jpg

IMG_7311.jpg

IMG_7308.jpg

Meanwhile, I would be glad to hear from anyone of you if you have had similar experiences whatsoever, I'd like to think it's just my rough usage because I really just worked the pants with a fuck it mentality.

Also, I will be most glad if anyone of you have any advice to share on getting the fades out from behind the knees and other non-prominent parts such as the calves area.

Much thanks in advance.

Cheers & happy holidays.

And here with regards to some requests for full view of my pants.

And to Tuckshop's earlier request, please feel free to use the pictures, I am more than glad to share them with you.

Meanwhile, I would be glad to hear from anyone of you if you have had similar experiences whatsoever, I'd like to think it's just my rough usage because I really just worked the pants with a fuck it mentality.

Also, I will be most glad if anyone of you have any advice to share on getting the fades out from behind the knees and other non-prominent parts such as the calves area.

Much thanks in advance.

Cheers & happy holidays.

Thank you wtkl.

We have sent the pics to Raymon and he posted on his RC facebook, https://www.facebook.com/officialredcloud

Also mentioned the upcoming Wabash pants for Red Cloud is available on Jan 2015 in model code, R5500-B.

well i guess they can really stand on their own.

pic-5-2.jpg

first impression is very good indeed, through and through. i shall write full review when the festivities are over. 

and now for something completely different:

pic-5-2-1.jpg

pic-6-1.jpg

keychain i got as freebie from R400 from Tuckshop. They age rather well from 2 years hanging on my car key. The rivet oxidises really well. Strange i didn't get any oxidation from my R400, but they used older, stock universal rivet. will be interesting to see if the new r400sp's rivet will oxidise. 

Some updated pics of my R423xx 13.7oz. About 4-5 months of wear and 2 washes. I only wear them for work and they are usually shoved into galoshes and then waders over them (that's why there's front combs). Sadly, they're getting a bit too slim for me now. The pics darkened a bit when uploading so they're a little lighter in person, but this is close

2cor01t.jpg

25k7a02.jpg

2ijgje0.jpg

2lxumwp.jpg

Edited by d-rew12

iQSHCWxFtSIEK.JPG

RC Wabash, really like the "marbled" button combination with the fabric.

iBDLHL4LQxVVJ.JPG

The guy at Tuckshop advise me to size abit bigger because the shirt will shrink so this is the pre-soak fit:

i48vAMDLjSoUL.JPG

Will update more with the post-soak fitpic soon...

Informative write-up DhaDha!

You are right about the changes. 

New leather for patch

Pocket opening are wider

The cut and workmanship stay the same. Or rather I would say improve tremendously especially on this 25oz fabric.

Regarding the price, we discussed with Raymon before from the consumer point of view when he was presenting this R400SP last year.

Well, as a retailer for Red Cloud, we normally try to fight for better price on behalf of consumers.

However, what Raymon explained make sense and we agree that it is an honest price.

The thing about Red Cloud is that, the mill that manufacture Red Cloud's staple fabrics (14.5oz and 17oz) dropped everything to take up this experiment of making something they are not used to on Raymon's request. 

As I have heard, the rejection rate (meaning flawed fabrics due to manufacturing) is alot higher than the staple fabrics. Of course this is partly due to Raymon's involvement in quality control that failed his expectation.

After the 25oz fabrics were done and sent to Raymon's factory to make into jeans, he encountered many problems when producing the jeans. All machines need to be re-adjusted to sew this heavy fabrics which basically stopped all the other production just to make 25oz jeans....

Considering these factors, for a 'newbie' in heavy weight jeans, I must say Red Cloud's spirit of experimenting new directions is commendable. And sadly, his recommended price to retail is certainly justifiable comparing to experienced heavy weight jeans makers.

Due to the above back-end efforts, Raymon mentioned that he will not make heavy weight jeans again. These are going to be for this run only.

• 3 weeks later...
Giving more insights about Red Cloud Overall MFG & Co (in short Red Cloud).

Red Cloud has been producing their products in their own factory since their establishment in 2008/2009. 

On their facebook page, Raymon said, 

"There are many brands in the world who out-source their production to elsewhere, but not for Red Cloud brand. 

I established my factory since 2008/2009 producing only my design of jeans and apparels under Red Cloud brand. 

All quality controls and factory operations is manage by myself. 

All workers are chosen by myself base on their skill levels and expertise and pay accordingly.

This is Red Cloud Overall MFG & Co's fundamentals."

10629748_1568384466739266_88714954900190

10410885_1568384273405952_39473153451632

10481887_1568384426739270_78124242516708

10474737_1568384510072595_28441907073259

10259947_1568384560072590_70263364191570

10376149_1568384596739253_51372949837412

All pictures can be found on Red Cloud facebook page https://www.facebook.com/officialredcloud

Just bought a pair of Wabash today for AB Fits SF.  They should be hemmed in a week or so.  Will post pics soon.  Can't wait to break them in!