BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

Guest jeffvyain

I'm not a huge fan of the flamed denim (that applies to all flamed denim), but the jeans look just fine to me. Thou shalt not judge arcuates until fit pics.

I got my Oni Blues in the mail yesterday. Will post pictures before too long for reference. Loving the denim.

haha you're welcome, viv. i constantly check hinoya's oni page hoping they would restock the washi in 28 and so happened to see these..

hm..i doubt their from the same supplier as i don't remember the denim on 872/eternal anniversarys having polyester cores. anyway it's nice to see them trying to come up with new stuff, i wonder what they'll do next?

oh, and keep in mind that these shrink only 1-2% as opposed to 8-10% on their regular models.

I personally don't like the idea of them trying to be a run of the mill type of denim maker, coming up with something different that would change the brand's image. It's good to innovate and make new styles but changing to painted arcs are not my notion of evolution in terms of where Oni's direction is headed. I mean changing of the arcs was necessary due to the Levi's infringement but painted ones is a lame take on Evisu.

Oni is one of the worst casualties of the Levis lawsuit. They went from one of the freshest to one of the ugliest arcs of all. Those vegdye arcs seriously do look like RAWK INN RUHPUBLICKS COPT at BLOOMIES. I still like oni blues but I would seam rip at least half of each arc immediately :confused:

Guest jeffvyain

have to 100% disagree. i think the new arcs are just fine. they don't look quite as good online, but having had them slapped on my bum, they don't bother me one bit. and the veg looks surprisingly great as can be seen a page back or so.

I already purchased a pair of the SHOAIs in 36, which turned out to be practically painted-on unfortunately so I rarely wear them. I'm thinking of replacing them with this new pair of the 19oz onis. Does anyone have a sizing chart for those Shoais in CM (the BiG one isn't quite accurate enough). I need to figure out if I will get a 38 or 36 in the new 19oz one... Thanks!

blm if you want the 19oz without the painted pockets I have a source for them for you .

price is $265 USD + shipping via paypal - he's a vari shop dude so reliable ..

pm me

2hqywaq.jpg

33dfchv.jpg

The fit is nice n slim and the denim is similar to 872s. Looks like I have to cop soon :). I like the arcs n im sure they will age nicely

I don't know about slim. These are the same fit as the Blue's right? I wouldn't call those slim either. I sized down 2 to a slimmish-straight fit. Just fyi.

Just looking at the pic they look pretty slim (not a77 or dior skinny but more like 710xx). I really like my 872s but theyre way too roomy all the way through. The waist fits perfect but the rise is high, very roomy on thigh and large hem. These looks like a 710xx cut but with the 872 denim which is what im after :).

• 2 weeks later...

sure. as soon as i get my hands on them. they are with my fiance in bangkok.

don't worry, after you get to month 4, fading will accelerate. actually, as soon as you get fades from abrasions.

in the meantime, an old pic i found...

P1010321.jpg