Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

any recommendations?   i'm gonna be in zagreb for a week then zadar for another three weeks.

I would recommend spending less time in zadar, or use it as a jumping off point for some short trips. Paklencia is a must. You can check out some of the wild party on Pag, and eat the best cheese in the Adriatic. 

Try to get on some boats and explore the islands in that area. 

The garden has some good music in zadar. 

Go up north to rovinj, rijeka, and pula for the best eating, and some incredible historical sights. Lots of good wine in the north as well.

Watch the anthony bourdain episode for croatia. 

A couple nights in Vis is a must.

The buses are super easy to get from one end to the next, or get on a sailboat. 

fuck itunes.  not a good enough music platform to be worth all the hassles it has caused me over the years

it recently deleted almost my entire library when I was trying to replace old music on my old ipod with my current library.  Instead it erased my current library and replaced it with what was on the ipod.  and the backup I made before I synced it only saved 1/3 of my library.  Now i just use spotify.  and if i dont feel like dealing with the ads I'll turn on a youtube playlist

Hmmm I have a large music collection that I've built up over the years that I'd like to have access to, but these days I'm usually streaming music on the internet or something. Having an iPod I feel like I have to have an iTunes account.

I'd like to have a Spotify premium account since it seems like thats the best option right now for I how tend to listen to music, but I feel overly attached to the music library I've meticulously maintained over the years. I guess I should just stash my library on an external HDD and move on though. 

only thing im fuckin pissed about is how youtube let all my likes from the past 3 yrs disappear... had some serious chit bookmarked that way

yo did you ever crack what that shit was last week when some dude was trying to break into your apt?

i stopped using youtube a few years ago when a lot of the stuff on my favourites lists started getting deleted. not only could i no longer listen to it, youtube also refuses to tell you what a deleted video was, and i have terrible memory so will most likely never find some of these songs again

now i use a spotify/itunes setup where itunes houses everything that isn't in spotify's library, but all the organizing and playing is done through spotify.

my only issue with spotify is that it's basically impossible to look for classical music on there as for every piece theres a million uploads of really bad versions and the good ones just kind of disappear in the pile.