Ofwgkta...swag Swag!

dunkin deeznuts

Goblin a pretty good album overall... Pretty much what I was expecting. It's a little underproduced and could be tighter, but that's part of the charm. Alot of the shit goes hard, but I can't see it getting any serious mainstream attention because of the content, maybe I'll be wrong though. Something I really like about the album is that you really get a sense of Tyler's personality, he puts it all out there. Frank Ocean is def. gonna blow up though.

my .02

im pretty sure mainstream attention outside the blogosphere/pitchfork would be the equivalant of AIDS to the OF ouvre, the whole point is that they rock that underproduced, charmingly amateur, no-need-for-a-label style and do it in a way that makes everyone else wish they had have thought of it first. it takes a villian to make it work, and OF is doing a great job so far.

ps - someone pm me the album leak please.

NESK, what's up man.

I don't know how fast people PM you albums, but you always ask and you could always just google it. It's crazy easy to find especially a few days after a leak when it's available everywhere.

just saying bro.

im pretty sure mainstream attention outside the blogosphere/pitchfork would be the equivalant of AIDS to the OF ouvre, the whole point is that they rock that underproduced, charmingly amateur, no-need-for-a-label style and do it in a way that makes everyone else wish they had have thought of it first. it takes a villian to make it work, and OF is doing a great job so far.

ps - someone pm me the album leak please.

tyler-the-creator-nme-cover1.jpg

really?

I just listened for the first time. I like it. More than I liked Bastard atleast.

I'm most excited to hear new Hodgy/Mellowhype though really. Or a new group project. I like all of them, but Tyler by himself can get a little too down for me.

I just listened for the first time. I like it. More than I liked Bastard atleast.

I'm most excited to hear new Hodgy/Mellowhype though really. Or a new group project. I like all of them, but Tyler by himself can get a little too down for me.

Totally agree. I enjoy listening to BlackendWhite more than Tyler's discography...

I'm really curious how a group effort would shape up. It's like a reverse Wu-Tang, having these guys develop their sound separately over the years then coming try to come up with homogeneous vibe.

disagree with his final score and a few points, like the 'waka flocka spoof'.

overall, he's right though.

I liked Bastard more over time and I think the same will happen here I hope. I realized a lot of my favorite new rappers aren't putting out my favorite new albums ( Yela, Action, etc. )

This is completely wrong.

Yeah, I don't agree with his final score, either. And I too have some minor points I don't agree with, but the overall complaint that this comes off as an angry kid too concerned with what others think is on point.

And btw didn't Tyler say he already made Wolf too? And the release for that is 2012? It kinda makes me wonder if he will be stuck in the same place as Goblin for another year. He should just release it as a mixtape and move on IMO. I mean he says he already is bumping tracks made in collaboration with Pharrell, that's the kind of progression at least I'm ready for now after listening to Goblin. Although I can't really fault him for wanting that bread.

Yeah, I don't agree with his final score, either. And I too have some minor points I don't agree with, but the overall complaint that this comes off as an angry kid too concerned with what others think is on point.

I don't agree with his final score, but he didn't come off as angry, pretty calm/funny review. He didn't come off as too concerned about what others thought- he would've probably dickrode it to appease others if that were the case.

sup.

where can I get the whole frank ocean LP? Or a whole version of nature feels???? I've dloaded the LP twice from their site and each time the Nature feels track is cut short - pisses me off because it's the best track.

ANYONE???

pm'd. 12345.