Denim Repair

obsessis

thanx for the pub, you're right, 'ghetto' is the new home-made. my recipe is simple: function over form, without being too sloppy. all i really use is some bud, scissors, a hair needle, and thread. i just got a new hole in the crotch, so i'll patch it with some oni vedge denim tonight after i finish this tree-falling job. timber!

cross post sexsc06 thread

Just took some photos of the repairs that SESF did on my jeans.

Photo taken by Kiya before my jeans got repaired.

09072009102.jpg

After the repair by SESF

right pocket

3995547557_0212bde1b4.jpg

left pocket

3999338642_5af9a608f3.jpg

back belt loop

3999345818_8348e9b13a.jpg

side belt loop

3999346830_cce999589b.jpg

yoke

3998594069_eed4318af5.jpg

right front pocket

3999349872_b9b42fe553.jpg

left front pocket

3999352708_d47219d8f1.jpg

some detail shots of the rivets ripping through again.

3998578157_8026d41e10.jpg

3999344020_763b505bb1.jpg

I a good part of the day yesterday doing some much needed repairs to my S5000BKs:

samurais5000bkbeforerep.jpg

samurais5000bkbeforerepk.jpg

I fixed the front pockets (one of which I'd neglected for too long), reinforced the button holes and put on a couple patches of denim from an old pair of Crate James I never wear:

imgp1157.jpg

imgp1144.jpg

Only thing left that I want / need to do is reinforce the hems which are just thrashed (see below). Any ideas how I should do this?

imgp1161.jpg

imgp1184.jpg

Good thinking... I was wondering how I could append a patch around the frayed edge, but hadn't thought to actually sew it into the existing hem.

I think I will totally follow through on that suggestion, a lot.

Hawt Dang! It's finally time to repair these got dang blue jeans! Haven't been able to work for a long time now cause I can't work in jus' mah undies! Too cold for that! And I am one heck of a procastrinator so I've been waitin' 'round to die cause food is sparse in these parts o' town, I tell you what! A man can go 30 days without food and 3 without water they say, and I'm about to stretch the part 'bout food hawt dangit so these repairs are 'bout life 'n' death, I tell you what! I began to delete the earlier repairs cause them created on heck'a'mess! Holy hell!

It looks like the Blue Jean Werewolf of Kentucky started to devour on these hawt dang kick ass blue jean indigo dungaree work pants cause these formerly rock solid pants are crazy rugged, torn 'n' worn 'n' beat up pants, I tell you wha'! Musta been one hungry creature lurkin'! Jus' lak me! Whata a coincidence! HERE ARE SOME DEM HOOCHI COOCHI WANG DANG SWEET POONTANG pictures started!

satan.jpg

rugged.jpg

crazy.jpg

thetackinessofalongdistancerunner.jpg

swastika.jpg

anewage.jpg

healingofthenation.jpg

Went ahead and bought one of these...

8vuv4m.jpg

and did this to my 710's

ejdl5w.jpg

2rx702x.jpg

2qn3wcl.jpg

Maybe not denim doctor quality, but this is the first time I've ever used a sewing machine. I will master this shit.

I bought the machine new for $65. Far as I'm concerned, screw paying denim doctor $40-50 per pair when your can DIY for cheaper, no shipping, and you can make big/small repairs any time.:cool:

Inspired by wild style, here are the OG 660s:

Lap of the 660s, one outside patch, one inside on the left knee, one inside on left thigh, inside both side of the crotch and a few small holes:

4019174511_14f4242282.jpg

Left Knee:

4019219051_483c996024.jpg

Newest Repair, patch on shredded coin pocket:

4019937692_4126405525.jpg

Guest Selvage Seb.
she just popped open the chain stitch like it was no big thing.

that SHIT IS A BIG DEAL for real. no need to do dat.

First, It is a HE,

It is a lot more work indeed, but you have to admit the end result looks great

I think he just wanted to show how you can repair a hole like this..

More in an experimental way

Gotta love'm rugged 'n' crazy repairs. Jus' wild.

i figured it was the best for the inseam. it was totally trashed. the back pocket outside patch was just too far down and i figured it'd be easier if i just left the patch on the outside.