Options for Buying Japanese Denim

thats strange:confused: did they give any other info as to why?

No, they just said they couldn't ship my order out of Japan. I wonder if it is specific to what I ordered or if they changed their policy. The email I received had been translated via an online translator, and it wasn't clear enough to fully understand what they meant.

No error there.. just your generic automated Rakuten reply email, showing what you ordered, how much, payment method etc... it says in general, things like *if there is a problem contact the store directly.. maybe that is what you are picking up on in the google transmutation of this??

I just ordered a pair of 811's from Vari and it seems like the automated Rakuten email reply contained some kind of error message. Could anyone help with translation? Did my order go through?

It's not an error message; it's just an automated e-mail saying your order was successfully transmitted to Rakuten's server (and then a bunch of information about your order, etc., like any confirmation e-mail).

It doesn't mean that Vari has received or acknowledged your order, yet, though (you'll get e-mails from them later), so it's not necessarily a guarantee that you'll be able to complete the transaction (if, for example, they're no longer shipping to the US as people above have experienced with other stores).

(Oops, posted too late. Sorry, Raijin.)

does anybody know any good rakuten for neighborhood besides stay246 or cliffedge ? and also if theyre able to ship internationally...

also for the people that have tried rebirth..whats their shipping options? ems ? and how long does it usually take to arrive to ny?

does anybody know any good rakuten for neighborhood besides stay246 or cliffedge ? and also if theyre able to ship internationally...

also for the people that have tried rebirth..whats their shipping options? ems ? and how long does it usually take to arrive to ny?

Most rakuten shops ship via ems overseas and it takes about 3 days. Hope that helps.

by the way i ordered from paty

and i got hit with $60 IN CUSTOM FEES

HOLY SHIt :(

$45 for shipping + 60 in custom fees

what a wasteeeeee of money

i just dug out my samurai contest package from samurai. they declared the value as $320 and didn't get hit with anything. how much did you buy?

A lot of rakuten stores ship before agreement. C-point shipped mine and then just sent me an email with the tracking number and shipping cost. They also charged me the tax which they should have removed since I'm not a local buyer. Eh. It's still cheaper for me to get them from Japan than anywhere else. The rakuten store, GMM, sent my Evis without even telling me what the shipping cost was (wasn't too bad for Australia, but still). I didn't know until I got the automated order-confirm off rakuten. And they didn't mark down (20,000JPY - tax was included, they're just 1000JPY cheaper than Earthmarket). Luckily, Australia's a bit more lax with their customs tax.

oh wow

i might not even be getting charged anymore!!!

its not under pending charges at all... and it was this whole time

First time you've ordered from Rakuten? The authorisation is lifted from Rakuten and then the store charges your card directly after 3 weeks. It can catch you by surprise, and if your currency tanks against the Yen in the interim, could cost you a lot more. :o

First time you've ordered from Rakuten? The authorisation is lifted from Rakuten and then the store charges your card directly after 3 weeks. It can catch you buy surprise, and if your currency tanks against the Yen in the interim, could cost you a lot more. :o

nope, the first time i ordered it went straight from pending to charges