Options for Buying Japanese Denim

Seems 2nd is shipping internationally, I placed my order yesterday, they emailed me today, for 22300 Yen for the flathead 3001. That is only like $188ish, which to me is a good deal... I hope they mark as gift, i told them to in broken japanese... i'm prob not going to wear these for a month or so, trying to work in my apcs a bit more first...

but so far the rakuten experience from 2nd has been good!

whereabouts did you see this model....?

It is on 2nd's website, but not on Rakuten. They will create a rakuten link though so you can purchase it. It is the Type-e01. I haven't received mine yet, but I believe it should be here soon enough. Turned out to be about $190 with shipping to the US. I really wanted one of the traditional Red Moon wallets, but just couldn't do it. They are too impractical for me. I already have a wallet with a button and I don't like the holes it makes on the jeans. Nor do I like the bulkiness. I hope this isn't quite as bulky... although I assume it is still pretty bulky.

Thank you for your interest in VARI.

This mail is to inform you about our new international shopping site.

VARI international shopping site

http://www.jp-stores.com/welt/shop/we60147/index.html

JPstores portal

http://www.jp-stores.com/

As this shopping portal features a translation service, we will be able to answer your questions even more precisely than before.

Because of various service costs the prices on our international website are 20% higher than those on our domestic site. However, as our regular customers you will get the domestic price if you make a purchase. Of course, you can also order from our Rakuten page, as before. In cooperation with JPstores we will be able to offer you an improved support, no matter from which site you are buying.

We would like to use this occasion to express our gratefulness to have you as our customer. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Hirofumi Udono

Store manager

^usually if they ship internationally they send another email about ADDITIONAL shipping charges..

but i've always ordered from places I know to ship to the US..

yea, thats what i've been waiting for. i haven't recieved anything, not even a cancellation. i just have the original email stating that i placed an order.

does anyone know if there's a holiday in Japan currently? I emailed both parachutes and soze a few days ago and haven't heard back from either of them yet. I know parachutes sometimes takes a few days off.

Yup, everybody is on holiday until August 17th.

i finally got an e-mail. This is what they said:

本メールはショップにて行ったご注文情報や送料などの確定・変更について、楽天市場

のサーバに到達した翌日に送信される自動配信メールです。ショップからお送りする

ご注文内容に関する連絡と重複する場合がございますこと、ご了承ください。

の度、JACKPOTにおいて下記の手続きが完了しましたのでご連絡させていただきます。

・注文内容修正(送料の確定・変更、価格・個数・手数料の変更など)

手続き後のご注文内容を下記に記載しておりますので、ご確認ください。

ご不明な点がございましたら、ショップ「JACKPOT」までお問い合わせください。

[商品]

/レッドムーン「-01C」レザーウォレット

価格 10000円× 1個 10000円税込 送料別

税額計 0円 送料計 1680円

合計 11680円

Possible translation:

This mail is the automatic transmission mail which is transmitted to the next day which arrives in the server of the optimistic market at the shop concerning the decision modification of information and the postage etc of the order which does. The communication regarding the order contents which we send from the shop being times when it overlaps, please acknowledge.

Because the below-mentioned procedure completed in degree and JACKPOT you communicate.

Order contents correction (decision modification of postage and modification etc of price quantity commission)

Because we state the order contents after the procedure on description below, please verify.

When there is an unclear point, to shop “JACKPOT†please inquire.

[Commodity] REDMOON/lead moon RRC “HR-01C†[rezauoretsuto] price 10000 (circle) × 1 () = 10000 (circle) including tax postage extra

******************************************************************** tax assessment total 0 (circle) postage total 1680 (circle) total 11680 (circle)

then near the end it had prices for the wallet i am ordering as well as an added 11680 yen i believe. Does that mean that they do ship internationally? Should I reply to this?

i think they just got back from the holiday i ordered my pair last night this is what i got in the morning just in time...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

このメールはお客様の注文に関する大切なメールです。

お取引が完了するまで保存してください。

----------------------------------------------------------------------

edmondlim様

I am Shibuya of EARTHMARKET.

I ship your load with international mail (EMS).

The inquiry number of a load is 「EI668030381JP」.

In the following URL, you can confirm a delivery situation.

http://link.rakuten.co.jp/1/007/382/

Thank you.

[受注番号]200318-20070816-75199394

[日時]2007-08-16 01:46:13

[注文者] edmond lim 様

[支払方法] クレジットカード 一括払い

[ポイント利用方法] なし

[配送方法] 宅配便

[備考]

[配送日時指定:]

[パンツやジーンズの裾上げについて:]

◆股下(レングス)をご記入ください◆

股下 右( )cm 左( )cm

*お手持ちのパンツ・ジーンズを測って頂いても結構です。

*注*

お洗濯などによる縮みが出るものに関しましては当方でその

縮みの分を考慮してカットさせていただきます。

*注*

一部の商品はお受けできない場合があります。

[商品の在庫について:]

◆商品の在庫について・・・◆

*当店はコニーアイランドと商品を共有しておりますので

商品の在庫数は常に流動的です。

その為、ご注文頂いた商品が揃わない場合がございます。

ご了承下さい。

--------------------------------

[送付先] edmond lim 様

[商品]

EVISU GENES【エビスジーンズ】#2000 NO.2「ホワイト」スタンダードジーンズ(24~36インチ)(2000-no2-white-2436-10-1)

サイズ:33

カラー:ホワイトペンキ

価格 20000(円) x 1(個) = 20000(円) (税別、送料別)

送付先件数 1(件)

合計商品数 1(個)

商品価格計 20000(円)

--------------------------------

小計 20000(円)

消費税 1000(円)

送料 1485(円)

----------------------------------------------------------------

合計 22485(円)

----------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------

EARTH MARKET

有限会社ダイアン

〒286-0201 千葉県富里市日吉台4-7-10

◇ shop ◇ コニーアイランド TEL 0476-92-9120 

◇ PC ◇ http://www.rakuten.co.jp/earthmarket/

◇mobile◇ http://m.rakuten.co.jp/earthmarket/

店長  渋谷清豪  [email protected]

Looks like earthmarket may be out of business soon... If this translated correctly...

:(

◆◆ news ◆◆

- August 20th last day

Because of inventory business inside store,

The day off you can point, to all businesses such as dispatch of the baggage and the reply which is the inquiry.

It does to apply annoyance, but cooperation we ask may.

Furthermore, acceptance of order has gone sort usually.

In year the inventory of 2 times,

It is the tie hen truly, don't you think?… just a little it is dejected,…

Looks like earthmarket may be out of business soon... If this translated correctly...

:(

◆◆ news ◆◆

- August 20th last day

Because of inventory business inside store,

The day off you can point, to all businesses such as dispatch of the baggage and the reply which is the inquiry.

It does to apply annoyance, but cooperation we ask may.

Furthermore, acceptance of order has gone sort usually.

In year the inventory of 2 times,

It is the tie hen truly, don't you think?… just a little it is dejected,…

Does anyone know what that means in normal English? What it looks like to me is that they only update their inventory twice a year. I figure that means that they are still in business?

Hello all, first post for me here. That is an ugly translation... it says they are doing their bi-annual inventory count so they are busy with that and are not able to keep up with new orders and/or updating/continuing their regular business, but for orders that have already been recieved those will ship out normally. They are sorry for the delay and that it is all a pain in the ass and depressing. (not a direct translation mind you, but a interpreted one)

Depends on how messed up of a company they are :-) I know alot of little companies in Japan that are seriously understaffed and over worked. These counts are a big deal and if it doesn't come out right they do it again to see where they went wrong or where missing stock went. A week is probably a good round number for it, it is after Obon there now too so things will have piled up over the holiday.

And thanks for the welcoming.. I hope to add something positive to this already great forum.

so i did an order with 2nd...

they replied to my order with:

"I don't speak English,Japanese only. When you return mail, please write in easy English and also in easy Japanese using translation software. We can send the item when you send the mail saying that you are O.K. all about the mentioned below and about sending the item."

this seems pretty straightforward. i told them it was OK, and asked them how long delivery to australia would take. to this they replied....:

いつもお世話になっております。セカンドの井瀬です。 ご返信ありがとうございます。

申し訳ございませんが海外発送の到着日はわかりません。

emsで、明日発送をさせていただきますので

emsに明日日本(三重県伊勢市)からオーストラリアへお届けするには

どれくらいの日にちがかかるかお問い合わせをしていただけると幸いです。

それでは本日の発送は終了いたしましたので

明日発送させていただきます。

あとは御到着の方をお楽しみにお待ち下さい(^^

これからも迅速、親切、丁寧をモットーとして

努力をさせて頂きますので、

2ND(セカンド)を今後ともよろしくお願いします。

失礼します。

which on babelfish translates as:

"You have taken care always. It is the well shoal of second. Reply thank you. There is no excuse, but as for date of arrival of overseas dispatch it is not understood. With ems, being able to point to tomorrow dispatch, being to receive, tomorrow Japan (Mie prefectural Ise city) from you deliver to Australia to ems, when the inquiry can do, the ちcatches in day how much, it is fortunate. Then dispatch of this day dispatches being to end tomorrow. After, please wait for the how to arrive in the pleasure (the ^^ Being able to point to effort quick, the kindness and politeness as a motto even from now on, because it receives, 2ND (second) also in the future we ask may. The impoliteness it does."

am i correct in assuming i don't need to do anything further...am i good to go....?

are the final two sentences telling me not to ask them when the goods will arrive, and stating that if i do, i am a rude cunt? :eek:

I think they are just saying they are sorry that they can't predict a date for arrival overseas. Or your a filthy cunt for wasting their time, or Google can't translate japanese worth shit...