Options for Buying Japanese Denim

nope, the first time i ordered it went straight from pending to charges

It's different for me, or perhaps it depends on the store. 2nd, Take-off, GMM (and I'll find out about C-point soon enough), all charged weeks after item was delivered and authorisation was lifted. The first time was with 2nd and after the authorisation was lifted, I panicked and sent them half a dozen emails asking when they were going to charge my card because at the time the AUD was tanking against the Yen. By the time they charged me, it ended up being $7 extra. :mad:

it damn well better be, they spoke english and i told them like 20 times, literally every email and in the instructions

i gotta get it from the post office tomorrow, they gave me the notice with $60 in custom fees charges

whatever

i dont even give a shit anymore

im not buying from japan for a while after this shit though

$100 just to get things haha

whatever, i'll work a few extra overtime hours this week

oh well shit hits the fan sometimes put a lil vasoline on your ass cause you jus got f*cked. Post some pics of what you bought in the recent purchases thread so's the rest of us can see what you got.

I just ordered my wallet from VARI. Now how can i be sure Jackpot won't just charge the credit card and ship it to me without me knowing. i phoned today, nothing was charged. Is there a way to cancel my order so they for sure are unable to charge my card?

I think stores are more worried about consequences to them. GMM marked mine as gift, and I didn't even ask. The only way to truly get around that is to just go via proxy. Because then it's just one private citizen sending a package to another private citizen. They can declare it as much or as little as they want so long as it's not contraband and they don't care if they get the total value of the item back through insurance if lost.

I just ordered my wallet from VARI. Now how can i be sure Jackpot won't just charge the credit card and ship it to me without me knowing. i phoned today, nothing was charged. Is there a way to cancel my order so they for sure are unable to charge my card?

Did you get the order-confirm email from Rakuten? Because if you didn't get that, then Jackpot can't charge your card. Like I've said before, Jackpot doesn't actually have your credit details. They invoice Rakuten, Rakuten sends you an order-confirm email (which only confirms the amount that will be charged on your card, they are not asking for your permission. when you pressed the "order" button on stage 4 of the rakuten order page - that's your consent_). If rakuten hasn't sent you that, then Jackpot didn't invoice for your order. So there's very little change they will charge you later down the line. Even if they do, you can dispute the charge through your credit broker.

Did you get the order-confirm email from Rakuten? Because if you didn't get that, then Jackpot can't charge your card. Like I've said before, Jackpot doesn't actually have your credit details. They invoice Rakuten, Rakuten sends you an order-confirm email (which only confirms the amount that will be charged on your card, they are not asking for your permission. when you pressed the "order" button on stage 4 of the rakuten order page - that's your consent_). If rakuten hasn't sent you that, then Jackpot didn't invoice for your order. So there's very little change they will charge you later down the line. Even if they do, you can dispute the charge through your credit broker.

Yea I did. and after that, i did not recieve anything else. until just a few minutes ago =/. I got this in an email:

この度は、楽天市場内のショップ「JACKPOT」をご利用いただき

誠にありがとうございました。

ご注文日:2007年08月14日 注文番号:190186-20070814-41774019

■店舗を評価するには…

次のURL(ホームページアドレス)にアクセスしてください。

評価のページが表示されます。

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/cgi-bin/c005/RRS?MIval=bo_rate_reply&on=190186-20070814-41774019&key=263be15d

※ご購入いただいた商品は上記URLからご確認いただけます。

■評価ページが表示されない場合には…

(1)ご利用のインターネット閲覧ソフト(ブラウザ)のエンコードまたは文字コー

ドを【日本語(自動選択)】もしくは【日本語(EUC)】に変更してください。

(2)ページアドレス(URL)をコピーし、ブラウザのアドレス欄に貼り付けてご利用

ください。コピー・貼り付け方法は以下のURLをご参照ください。

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/com/faq/faq080.html#8010

お客様の貴重な評価ならびにご意見は楽天市場をより快適にするために

活用させていただきます。

──PR────────────────────────────────

┏━━━━━━━  感想を書いてポイント稼ぎ!  ━━━━━━━━┓

★ 購入した商品の感想を書いてポイントを貯めよう! ★   

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

◎楽天市場で購入した商品の感想を書きませんか?

◎なんと!書いた感想を通して商品が売れたら、あなたに楽天スーパーポイン

トが貯まります!

↓↓↓ 商品の感想(レビュー)の書き方案内はこちら ↓↓↓  

http://review.rakuten.co.jp/howto/

──PR────────────────────────────────

---------------------------------------------------------------------

-本メールは楽天市場をご利用いただきました日から2週間後に

送付させていただいております。

-予約販売等により商品が未達のお客様へ、本メールが先に届く場合がございます。評価

期間は180日間有効ですので、商品が届きましたら評価ください。

-本メールの送信を希望しない場合は、サービスを利用する際に

「この楽天のショップを評価する」からチェックをはずしてください。

-ここに記載した評価についてショップからの回答はございません。

お問合わせは直接ショップにお願いします。

-本メールに返信をされても対応できかねます。

お問合せは直接ショップにお願いします。

店舗評価システムについてご不明な点は以下のページをご覧ください。

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/com/faq/faq100.html

I tried translating, and could not figure out what this email was for. I just want to cancel the order, since VARI just confirmed my order and sent me additional charges for shipment to Canada...

oh well shit hits the fan sometimes put a lil vasoline on your ass cause you jus got f*cked. Post some pics of what you bought in the recent purchases thread so's the rest of us can see what you got.

Damn, a $100 (US dollars no less) ass-f**king. be sure to ask for a tip afterwards. :D All international shipping is russian roulette, but it's worth playing when the alternative is a pair of USD $316 pair of Eternal 811 (the only Japanese jean you can buy in australia outside of Edwins. bleh)

Yea I did. and after that, i did not recieve anything else. until just a few minutes ago =/. I got this in an email:

I tried translating, and could not figure out what this email was for. I just want to cancel the order, since VARI just confirmed my order and sent me additional charges for shipment to Canada...

There is a difference between order@rakuten and order-confirm@rakuten. Don't sweat it, looks just like a store appraisal email, asking you to rate Jackpot's service. I say ignore, because if you put a neg on Jackpot, they may decide to pull out the vaseline themselves, if you know what I mean.

So Vari still ships overseas. Yes! Will be buying my Et811s, soonish.

Always try and buy from approved overseas selling rakuten stores before trying your luck elsewhere. Not to sound like a dick, but you should have gone with Vari in the first place (I shop at Vari over Morenet anyday, and you know Vari supplied the jeans for Zipangu).

Damn, a $100 (US dollars no less) ass-f**king. be sure to ask for a tip afterwards. :D All international shipping is russian roulette, but it's worth playing when the alternative is a pair of USD $316 pair of Eternal 811 (the only Japanese jean you can buy in australia outside of Edwins. bleh)

^^I agree completely

There is a difference between order@rakuten and order-confirm@rakuten. Don't sweat it, looks just like a store appraisal email, asking you to rate Jackpot's service. I say ignore, because if you put a neg on Jackpot, they may decide to pull out the vaseline themselves, if you know what I mean.

Always try and buy from approved overseas selling rakuten stores before trying your luck elsewhere. Not to sound like a dick, but you should have gone with Vari in the first place (I shop at Vari over Morenet anyday, and you know Vari supplied the jeans for Zipangu).

Yea, i definately learned my lesson. I had to get a different brand though, but i guess its the price to pay. Good thing that email wasn't from Jackpot themselves. That would have been ridiculous if i got an email from them the SAME day i order from a different store :confused:

Yea, i definately learned my lesson. I had to get a different brand though, but i guess its the price to pay. Good thing that email wasn't from Jackpot themselves. That would have been ridiculous if i got an email from them the SAME day i order from a different store :confused:

Stranger things have happened. I'd say, count your self lucky. Now you can add to the karma bank a little by giving me some +rep. :D

Luckily, Australia's a bit more lax with their customs tax.

definitely agreed here....i got a package from VARI a couple days ago, and have ordered from skull/fabfour multiple times, and not once have i been charged customs tax. :D

yep....order from VARI came in about 4 days. i cant speak highly enough about their customer service - i even got a personal email from their manager thanking me, and apologising for the fact that an item i wanted was out of stock.

Yea, I highly recommend VARI. I got an email from them directly probably half an hour after purchasing. Then he went on to confirm the price on shipping and my address and he even said he would declare it as a gift and asked me what value i wanted it at. Exceptional service. Just awaiting tracking number now :)

I have some questions...I ordered a pair of sams from 2nd, and the shipping says this:

Aug 29 11:07

In Customs

TORONTO

CANADA

Aug 29

11:12

Departure from inward office of exchange

TORONTO

CANADA

1. Do you think that means it already cleared customs? In 5 minutes?

2. Does EMS actually exist in Canada/North America, or do they pass it on to a local courier for delivery?

Spanks.

I have some questions...I ordered a pair of sams from 2nd, and the shipping says this:

Aug 29 11:07

In Customs

TORONTO

CANADA

Aug 29

11:12

Departure from inward office of exchange

TORONTO

CANADA

1. Do you think that means it already cleared customs? In 5 minutes?

2. Does EMS actually exist in Canada/North America, or do they pass it on to a local courier for delivery?

Spanks.

I'm almost positive it didn't clear customs in 5 minutes. But if it did, that's amazing. And they pass it off to a local courier. Mine went through Purolator.