Acronym.

Westbrook

It started smaller but then I was like..."ah well, there's a hole now anyway'' so I continued abusing it and it recently teared up to this haha.

Nothing a needle and some string can't fix, let's call it war scars ;) 

The only time it annoys me is when it starts raining :') But then again, it isn't the most waterproof bag anyway.

My much older 3A-1 which was made out of Cordura entirely still looks like new, no patina, no marks etc. after 5+ years.

Can anyone help with the sizing on the new BR sweat and hoodie

Are these the same size as the older ones as they sized up huge

Old size: BR-C1

Measurements:   Sizes (cm): M L XL 1/2 Chest: 60 63 66 Length: 73 75.5 78 Shoulder: 16 16.5 17 Sleeve: 66 68 70

NEW SIZE:

SIZE [CM] S M L XL 1/2 CHEST 52 55 57.5 60.5 LENGTH 63 66 69 71 SHOULDERS 13 13.6 14 14.5 SLEEVE 59.5 61.5 64 67.5

Bring back the old sizing !!!!!!

May I present you: APRONYM

pfF9NnR.jpg

It’s just about time for the scent of smoke to start wafting from grills around the country. As you prepare to gear up for BBQ season, consider taking your grill game to another level this year. First step, this Tactical BBQ Apron. Forget ever having to run into the house to grab some tool, condiment, or seasoning while your burgers go from medium rare to medium garbage, with the Tactical BBQ Apron, everything you need can be stored right on you. Featuring a tactical M.O.L.L.E. System, two large pouches and three smaller pouches, the apron can holster everything you need for attacking that next tray of meat.

Question for those who own a J29-GT:

Can you really pack the hood into the sleeve pocket, and more importantly would it be possible if the fabric was normal GT instead of Paclite?

I want to get a J38-GT and I'm curious if packing the hood will be possible.

Can you really pack the hood into the sleeve pocket, and more importantly would it be possible if the fabric was normal GT instead of Paclite?

No, not really. You can get the hood in there, but it leaves a pretty big bulge on your sleeve, which is not a good look on a profile-fitting jacket. It wouldn't be so bad on the normal ACR jackets, but looks dumb on a blazer. 

I'm not sure about fabric, but it would obviously pack down smaller the lighter the fabric got. It's heavier than the J25-WS, so would work better if the hood was made out of that.

The summer GT material is quite thin,so it should be possible. Might still be a power bulge tho!

I'm thinking of doing a vinegar soak on my new LA4-BR to colour-set the dye. Has anyone tried doing this before? Apparently it stops the item from fading over time when it gets washed.

really? always thought cotton dye was set by positive pH, wool set by negative. perhaps it depends on the dye method though

Question, I know Acronym is an urban techwear brand, but do any of you put your gear through outdoor use? I don't see why not, a lot of the functions seem helpful on the trail and they're no doubt quite waterproof. Is there a reason to not? Are some jackets better suited for the outdoors than others?

I've just come back from three weeks in a primitive lakeside shack n the Boreal forest. The 3A-8TS came with; it was not at all bad for toting my iPad and raingear a kilometer or two up and down the goat path to the vehicle park. Water resistance and light weight were plusses, as was its low profile and slick, snag-free cloth, which wipes clean of mud-spatters with the heel of one's hand. I think the cloth is too thin for prolonged bushwhacking, though. Pretty sure the broken ends of deadfall fir branches would pierce it quickly. Cordura exists for a reason.

The J32 stayed home. It's cut all wrong for paddling, swinging a hatchet, and flipping its hood over a full-sized Tilley hat. I have far better coats for outdoor use, which in turn are cut (and styled) all wrong for urban foul-weather hiking and getting into nice restaurants.

The DS-HD2 stayed home, too, but hindsight says it should have come with; its water-beading properties would have been most welcome for lakefront rock-hopping, mink-watching, and trips to the outhouse in light drizzle. Zippered pockets a bonus; flashlight and cigarettes ain't gonna fall out if (when) I slip on some moss. Green color doesn't look urban at all and won't confuse the natives. Dries a lot faster than cotton when handwashed and hung. Packing it for the next trip.

has anyone heard anymore about the collaboration work Errolson has been doing with 'major unlikely' name lately.

It seems as though it was rather hush-hush but Hanon knew something about it and would not let on, I thought there may have been some news seeping out of somewhere but so far nothing.

It was/is supposed to be a gamechanger ?

v.Very intrigued. . .

here is a quote from an article:

Currently in the early stages of development is a new project with the M.I.T (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) Media Lab on a special, highly functional and activity specific coat. There is another brand collaboration with a household name in the works, but details of the project are strictly under wraps. However from the prototypes I saw at the studio, it is going to blow your mind.

Edited by TEKsevenZERO