Competition: Heavyweight Denim Championship Of The World 2011/12

Megatron1505

Yup, beautiful James. Much as I can appreciate the high contrast fading, this is really more my thing, I love a beautiful vintage faded pair of jeans.

whew, finally finished reading this whole thread. Awesome contest. I was in the first third and the amount of wear on the jeans at that point, I was thinking there would be only denim colored rags left at the end of the 2yrs! Those heavyweight denim are tough! Cant wait to see the final shots!

Teaser:

IMG_3409.JPG

I don´t always walk around half naked, but it was a hot day ;-)

Really really impressing evo on those pants Dingo!!!!

I wanna see them in a long time from now again and again

Together with Nietenhosens pants the 2 best evo pants on this page so far

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

Some amazing updates, Dingo your Samurai are putting mine to shame dude, really really cool.

Just a random thought here, how would everyone feel about making this comp a regular thing? Start the next one as soon as this one ends, for either 18 months or 2 years again.

Let me know your thoughts guys, do you still have enough live for heavy denim?

Hi Mega

I would love to be part of a future contest

I'm just at the beginning of breaking in my new Strike Gold with only 300 days of daily wear in them at the moment.

I need 2 additional years to break them in more

Feels great to be wearing these daily again. Chucked them in the washing machine last week and got a line fade. Fortunately, it's not that obvious, but I am wary about throwing them in there again...

Regardless, these will probably get the monthly wash treatment until the end of the contest.

#7 Burgus Plus Lot 780

1 year, 9 months. 3 hand washes, 1 machine wash

7849116612_d1ffc369d6_z.jpg

7849119178_41c051a4ff_z.jpg

7849121758_bced9c5d8b_z.jpg

7849114546_fd38ae1395_z.jpg

Some amazing updates, Dingo your Samurai are putting mine to shame dude, really really cool.

Just a random thought here, how would everyone feel about making this comp a regular thing? Start the next one as soon as this one ends, for either 18 months or 2 years again.

Let me know your thoughts guys, do you still have enough live for heavy denim?

I've got a pair of samurai s710xx waiting for a contest and this would be the perfect one. Not even soaked yet and i'm getting kind of impatient. If the next contest is going to happen 100% id most definitely wait

Thanks for the responses guys.

Just to make clear that only unworn denim would be allowed (sorry Reudi), and any new competition would not start until next March.

How do you get your jeans to last 3 years Ruedi??

I've just moved into 21oz because my 14oz go into holes!!

I wear them in 3 steps: office-leisure-hard work

And during my daily wear as first grade jeans in a row day for day, they only see some bicicle ridings to the office and sitting around behind the computer. That way, all my first class heavy weight raw denim jeans last at least 2-3 years.

And no additional abbrasions or faster aging from any washings since I wear everything just the dry way.

^^^Mega, no problem for me to wait until next March.

And perhaps I can still make an exception and allowing my Strike Gold a break to continue with this new contest since I have probably more then enough items around me to start with a new project.

^And Max, are you in a hurry for breaking them in?

I would love to have you in this contest.

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

Ok, I can't hold out that long...Makes no sense to leave a 21 oz pair in the shelf until the heat starts ;)

this

better off having people warm up and get used to their jeans and have them soften up over the colder months so theyll be more comfy in the hot seasons instead of jumping straight into the blazing sun in heavy denim.

you could always start the next comp now so every comp afterwards will allow the cold weather break in period and just have this original comp end as it was intended to in march.

Do we have any in regions, where there is a significant difference between summer and winter ;-)?

And well, I'm not inpatient, I could just focus on my Eternals. But to me it makes more sense to wear heavy denim when its freezing cold outside. I'm not gonna leave them in the shelf until winter is over.

Edited by Max Power

Alternatively, I could just delay the next comp until next November/ December so everyone gets Winter Wear. Selfishly, this will also mean that I can wear some "none competition" jeans for once :D