Detergent..

NoSleep

if you want to protect your patch from that severe a shrinkage, you can just boil a pot of water, and pour hot water over the crotch. that'll kill all the nasties. no diss to sugarcane, but you DONT need all kinds of 'treatments' and complex shit for washing denim. just dr. bronners. ive used all kinds of crazy shit, but i def. wouldn't recommend. if you want the jeans softer, wear them bitches more. even sams soften up after a while. simplicity and moderation is best for most things, even denim.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there anyway to get dr. bronners in europe?

There's quite a few places on the internet for Bronner's in Europe eg. http://www.dreadworx.co.uk

But there's no need to be so brand specific. Any pure soap will do. Look for Castille soap or Savon de Marseille. Many health food shops sell them. If you buy them in bars, then just use a cheese grater to break the soap down and just use as you would a regular washing powder.

• 3 months later...

you can use dr.bronner's for any given situation in which removing dirt is required. you can wash your clothes, body, car, dishes, the cat, every damn thing. the bar and liquid are essentially the same. with the bar for jeans i wet the jeans, and then LIGHTLY rub the damp bar over the denim. if you're machine-washing, just a good squirt or two in the washer will do the trick. you don't need much, depending on how hard(mineral saturated) your water is. the water here in richmond is harder than chinese algebra...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

^^agreed.apart from the fact that those specials are hardly available outside of Japan i believe that a quality eco detergent will do the same job,if not even better.i am using eco-ver wool detergent which iam pretty pleased with,but used woolite black and other standard non-bleach ones in the past.i am always satisfied with the result.

i believe the whole subject is overrated.

^^^thanks! it's about time to wash my skulls the first time and daniel (dc4, berlin) said they will get some detergent in the next two weeks. i never washed any of my jeans so far (only soaks or freezer vacation), so i was not sure if i would want to wait or just use an available (e.g. woolite) detergent straight away.

I just use some Woolite Dark and call it good. A lot of the decent Japanese brands don't lose much color from washing, anyway, as most people seem to notice. I think a rope-dyed pair of ring/ring jeans could probably handle most phosphate-free detergent and come out just fine.

If it's APCs or something cheaper, then perhaps I'd worry more.

kirk's coco castille soap is my new steez. it's cheap, and works great. i just wet the jeans, and rub the bar over the damp denim. then i massage the soap in(fingertips only). after that i give em their fair share of dunks in a bucket, and i change the water until it's pretty clear.

I just use some Woolite Dark and call it good. A lot of the decent Japanese brands don't lose much color from washing, anyway, as most people seem to notice. I think a rope-dyed pair of ring/ring jeans could probably handle most phosphate-free detergent and come out just fine.

same here, giant thing of woolite dark from costco.

• 3 years later...

same here, giant thing of woolite dark from costco.

Just a note to say I'm also a fan of the Woolite Darks & Blacks Gel, as it's now known. It defintely has less/different "ingredients" than regular Woolite and seems to take hardly any of the colour out.