Detergent..

NoSleep

Apparently the foaming does not cleans the material.

This is because energy has been used to create bubbles rather than clean the actual denim/surface.

Despite this, it is consumer demand that wants this foaming action. So basically, when you're washing the dishes, its better when its not foaming, but the manufacturers made it foam just so it looks good.

Heheh Chemistry.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sera...I've only used Tea Tree myself...I don't think it's anything beyond a difference in scent. Just don't mess with Almond-whatever...it's OKAY smelling at first, but I can't imagine anyone wanting to carry that smell around in his/her clothes.

The hippy lady at Community Natural Foods convinced me to get lavender as it would be a relaxing scent, I really do like it! I think in the Bronners bottle it says that it's non-foaming so thats always nice.

I actually use it in the shower sometimes to. Good stuff.

dr.bronner's,dr.bronner's,dr.bronners's!!! oh yeah, also DR.BRONNER'S. the kid wouldn't dare lead you astray...any scent will do, get the unscented "baby" version if you want to be OCD. by the way, my X used to use the almond...now i miss the crack of her ass like a good jab in the heavyweight division...

• 1 month later...
arigato, The Dragon!

i use the "Denim Detergent" first, then soak it in the "Denim Treatment"--------GOT IT!

now I better get the Canes dirty

Using chain stitch, your train of jeans is fading wind.

Hey DDML, how did your jeans come about after using the SC detergent/treatment? Can you explain how you did it? Interested in using them with my Edo Ai's. Thanks.

hey john,

i handwash in a bucket w/ cold water and detergent. then rinse. then the 20-30 minute dip in the denim treatment. no rinse. hang dry.

[irl i do a preliminary rinse (to remove the loose dirt) and then a two hour cold soak (for shrinking back to size) before washing, but that's finnicky i confess]

• 2 weeks later...

i dont know i do everything that your NOT suppose to do for washing my sammies. i first turn them inside out and i put it in the washing machine at high speed and the hottest water setting and use some regular tide detergent or even the stronger detergents. i wash for about 20 to 30 mins. then i throw the jeans in the dryer in the hot cycle for about 30 mins. sometimes i take them out a lil early when their still a bit damp but usually they come out dry and hot.

i dont know i do everything that your NOT suppose to do for washing my sammies. i first turn them inside out and i put it in the washing machine at high speed and the hottest water setting and use some regular tide detergent or even the stronger detergents. i wash for about 20 to 30 mins. then i throw the jeans in the dryer in the hot cycle for about 30 mins. sometimes i take them out a lil early when their still a bit damp but usually they come out dry and hot.

Are you serious or joking? If you're serious, I'd love to see pics of those Sammies.

Are you serious or joking? If you're serious, I'd love to see pics of those Sammies.

Nowadays, I do the same. Chuck them into the washing machine with some normal everyday detergent (no Dr Bronner's in Aus), hot wash and spin and hang dry. And if I had a tumble dry, I'd use that. I usually wash them once a month, or whenever they start to stink. Just easier that way. I used to overbaby them with hand washes with salt and shaved vege soap, but I just don't have time anymore (that and not giving a crap also comes into it.). I'm not worried about the fade being ruined. My Jeanswest jeans were washed every week with the laundry and we're talking about cheap $50 denim for 5 years straight (10 years old now). If my other jeans fade like that pair (and they should considering them being 5 to 10 times more expensive), I'll be happy.

My Jeanswest jeans

jw01.jpg

My Samurai S710 after one soak, one normal laundry wash.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=529419&postcount=698

My Sugarcane S41955 after one hand wash and two normal laundry washes.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=529408&postcount=1561

indigo_junkie did your 710s lose much of their stiffness after their first wash?

Not really. Stiff as anything after the first soak, but loosened up a lot after that. Ordinary wash just made it a bit stiffer and then back to the softness it was before. It did make it a bit more bluer, but it's hardly noticeable. I didn't even know until I did those comparision photos.

Nowadays, I do the same. Chuck them into the washing machine with some normal everyday detergent (no Dr Bronner's in Aus), hot wash and spin and hang dry. And if I had a tumble dry, I'd use that. I usually wash them once a month, or whenever they start to stink. Just easier that way. I used to overbaby them with hand washes with salt and shaved vege soap, but I just don't have time anymore (that and not giving a crap also comes into it.). I'm not worried about the fade being ruined. My Jeanswest jeans were washed every week with the laundry and we're talking about cheap $50 denim for 5 years straight (10 years old now). If my other jeans fade like that pair (and they should considering them being 5 to 10 times more expensive), I'll be happy.

Cool beans yo...

Besides normal detergent what do people from down under use?

urine.

10chars.

most people wouldn't give a damn what type of soap they use in australia.

but, i think there are a few health food places that sell organic pH neutral soap.

might find a few when i'm out and about.

I used about 1 teaspoon to maybe a tablespoon of Dr. Bronner's Sal's Suds when I washed my apc's. I filled the washer up to medium with only the jeans in. I think I may have used too much because when it was washing it had a very strong smell, so I did a 2nd rinse.

But I think someone before mentioned that Dr. Bronners is concentrated so if that's the case you don't need much.

• 4 months later...
I used about 1 teaspoon to maybe a tablespoon of Dr. Bronner's Sal's Suds when I washed my apc's. I filled the washer up to medium with only the jeans in. I think I may have used too much because when it was washing it had a very strong smell, so I did a 2nd rinse.

But I think someone before mentioned that Dr. Bronners is concentrated so if that's the case you don't need much.

about dr bronner's (http://www.drbronner.com/drb_soapsandingredients.html), is it the sal sud or the liquid soap (like peppermint, ecalyptus, etc) that is to be used as a detergent for jeans? and you just pour this into the washing machine like any other detergent?