Detergent..

NoSleep

I can't believe I am asking this but.. I bought some Raw 501XX in Japan last year, I've worn them every for about 6mths now, and am about to wash them for the first time.. Can anyone recommend a detergent, or suggest any detergents not to use etc?

Stupid qustion I'm sure.. but...

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Airjamie

I fonly around 6 mos, I usually warm handwash mine and use one of the various black clothes formulas, such as shout, clorox, or woolite dark.

I really dont like DrugsAreBadMkay

Just buy the mildest you can. Most health food shops will sell pure vegetable soap (sometimes called Castille soap - which is what Bronner's is).

Otherwise, buy handwash detergent or the stuff they market for washing baby clothes in. Avoid anything that promises to make your wash 'whiter than white' etc, as they will contain phosphates, bleaches etc.

id go with dr bronners if you can get it. its the best soap ive found for just about anything. i wash my jeans and myself in peppermint bronners. get a big bottle and you will be set.

If you've lost your faith in superfuture, Oh the end won't be long

Because if it's gone for you then I too may lose it, And that would be wrong

I've tried so hard to keep myself from falling

Back into my bad old ways

And it chars my heart to always hear you calling

Calling for the good old days

Because there were no good old days

These are the good old days

thanks... all the acid i ate in 98 just came back... and my keybaord wont stop breathing....... fuckkk

If you've lost your faith in superfuture, Oh the end won't be long

Because if it's gone for you then I too may lose it, And that would be wrong

I've tried so hard to keep myself from falling

Back into my bad old ways

And it chars my heart to always hear you calling

Calling for the good old days

Because there were no good old days

These are the good old days

DDML

that's cool detergent!! made by and from SUGAR CANE !

you can use it with machinewash.

1.30L water with this detergent just 1 pack

2.after washing only with water,soaking 40c 3-5L water and dehydrating and hung dry.

If you can buy it at your local walmart (or international equivalent), dont use it. I recommend Mela Power from the Melaleuca Company. It is super gentle, and takes barely any to wash a load, It might take you a tablespoon of liquid for one pair of jeans. It is also natural, my cat decided this was her candy one day and knocked it off the dryer and ate like a 1/8 of a bottle of it (about 4 oz) she was sick to her tummy, but didn't die.

Point: If you can't eat it and survive it, dont put your jeans in it.

Masochism at it's finest.

I was thinking of buying Dr. Bronners for my first handwash and then a mix of Dr. Bronners and a dark clothing detergent like woolite black for every handwash afterwards. Would that be a good idea? Is it even okay to mix the two in the same wash?

I....... don't know. But I did want to use woolite black to prevent more fading after the first wash. As for mixing the two I guess it doesn't have much of a purpose, I just don't know if woolite black on its own would be too harsh so it may need to be diluted with something much more gentle? The Atelier LaDurance site had type of wash that recomended a gentle dark detergent, any recommendations?

Dude, just use Dr. Bronners, you will lose more color with Woolite Black because it will turn the water to pH 12 and it has harsh detergents in it. Dr. Bronners is pH neutral and very mild. You can even brush your teeth with it. can you wash yourself and brush your teeth with woolite black? What do you think people used to wash their jeans in the 60's, 50's, 40's and earlier? They used mild soap!

Carpe Denim! (not the jean brand silly!)

1123865699585_selvage_edited.JPG

Quote:

Dude, just use Dr. Bronners, you will lose more color with Woolite Black because it will turn the water to pH 12 and it has harsh detergents in it. Dr. Bronners is pH neutral and very mild. You can even brush your teeth with it. can you wash yourself and brush your teeth with woolite black? What do you think people used to wash their jeans in the 60's, 50's, 40's and earlier? They used mild soap!

--- Original message by Serge d Nimes on May 20, 2006 04:49 PM

Nice illustration with the toothbrushing, haha. I don't know if i will be brushing my teeth with Dr. Bronner's anytime soon, but I am pretty loyal to it now. I ran into it at a chemist's in Korea where I live now, and decided to try the peppermint, and have been buying it ever since. I haven't washed jeans with it, just been using it as my shampoo, and to bathe with. I will indeed use it to wash my jeans with though, once I get to the point of actually washing them.

Here's the added bonus with Peppermint Dr. Bronner's: it makes your junk feel AMAZING. icon_smile_wink.gif