The Flat Head 3001

fadeaway

My 310's just came in. I love the fit, they are perfect. But I'm scared they will shrink too much if I soak them. I'm 6'1" and like the stacking. Can I wear them without a soak?

Mine were just like that and I was quite concerned. However, I did quick cold soak in the bath and they're fine now. There is slight shrinkage in the legs, but the waist was unchanged.

I am a little concerened about how i'm gonna wash them when they get dirty and need to see a washing machine though...

My 310's just came in. I love the fit, they are perfect. But I'm scared they will shrink too much if I soak them. I'm 6'1" and like the stacking. Can I wear them without a soak?

you can do whatever you want, but if you want to be able to wear them still after you have to wash them the first time id prolly size up at least one, and then do a proper soak from the beginning. the pictures arent the best, but those thighs look dangerously slim presoak...

2nd has old arcs and tabs in a 27, and new arcs and old tabs (weird, huh) called the 3001-LTD in most sizes, except 28,29 IIRC.

you didnt mean to quote me with this did you thee?

Can I wear them without a soak?

I would recommend a soak within the first two weeks of wear. Because of the particular nature of 3xxx denim, any settled creases before your initial soak will constrict in water and move with the denim fibers. You're going to end up with shifted creases and combs.

The denim should be soaked before any significant wear is put into them.

I would recommend a soak within the first two weeks of wear. Because of the particular nature of 3xxx denim, any settled creases before your initial soak will constrict in water and move with the denim fibers. You're going to end up with shifted creases and combs.

Hmm tough decisions. I love the fit and look of them right now. I think I may wear them around the house for a couple days and see if they stretch a little at all and then do a quick cold soak and just dry clean them if I need to in a few months.

Yea I just sent them back to Kiya. They have one left in a size 32 so hopefully I get them.

Maybe Flathead should compensate this lad for his efforts. I have mine for about a year but none come close to the Sid's 3001.

Here is my 3001 for about a year of use, actually I've been rotating them with my APC and Skulls 5507 so they're probably around 4-5 months of actually use . The following year, I should track the wear on Excel. That way I can quantify the actual use in hours instead of months.85add3r.jpg

81ea0pj.jpg

Thank you for the kind words everyone.

I plan on reinforcing these jeans in various sensitive areas... when I return from my vacation in HK/Singapore.

Sid's Flatheads are embarassingly sick. Some of the best fades I've ever seen on jeans ever. What kind of wallet? SDA?

Flat Head tan mid-length wallet with a FH keychain.

im wondering how often i should soak my jeans? i hot soaked them when i first bought them in october and then i had to wash them about a month later cause i got a stain on them....since then, just wearing them....how often should i soak? how often should i wash? just like to know youre guys' routine...thanks!

umm dont need to soak. wash your jeans whenever you like. i just hot soak my jeans when i first get them. then maybe a month later, i'll hot soak them again to get maximum shrinkage. i probably wash every six to eight months though, dont really keep track.