The Flat Head 3001

fadeaway

The only magic I put on my jeans is lovejuice.

Shit is so confusing, despite trawling these two long arse threads several times. I'm a 30 waist/32 leg in jeans like Edwin Nashvilles, but a completely different size in say, PBJs.

Forget about tag size and go with your waist measurement (instead of relying on inconsistent sizing from different brands). I am a true waist ~28", I sized up to tagged size 29", which measures to be 30". Note, it's okay that my true waist is 28" and the measured waist is 30" because I'm not wearing these jeans at true waist height.

Post shrink these bad boys are like 28-28.5" waist, tight like crazy, but stretch out nicely to about 30.5".

There, that is the entire sizing process for me with my size 29 FH3001's.

Hope that helps.

don't worry, flat heads fade great and over time they will start to look like sidneys current ones ( my f380s are just a couple months behind )

theres some more pictures of flatheads in the denim gallery i belive.

Also, here is a good picture of 3 peoples flat ehad jeans, the top one was a president of a company, middle was something like a tagger of items, i belive, and bottom carried around boxes ( you can correct me if im wrong ) all extremely nice fades that reflect there life style.

http://209.62.39.4/~philmima/superfuture/denim/flatheadcomparison/flatheadcomparison.jpg

The only magic I put on my jeans is lovejuice.

Forget about tag size and go with your waist measurement (instead of relying on inconsistent sizing from different brands). I am a true waist ~28", I sized up to tagged size 29", which measures to be 30". Note, it's okay that my true waist is 28" and the measured waist is 30" because I'm not wearing these jeans at true waist height.

Post shrink these bad boys are like 28-28.5" waist, tight like crazy, but stretch out nicely to about 30.5".

There, that is the entire sizing process for me with my size 29 FH3001's.

Hope that helps.

Does indeed. Much obliged!

Can someone with 310's in a 34 tell me what the leg opening measures post soak.

I really want to get some, but i'll probably hold off if the leg opening is too big.

Thanks

It shrinks about .6" after a soak.

We finally got another restock of the F310 in sizes that many of you were waiting for, and our site is back up...

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=68

well i got my f310s in today (thanks selfedge) and they fit perfectly postsoak (a little less than an inch of room in the waist when pulled up to my 'true waist')...

so what would yall recommend for a good soak for these badboys? i dont want them to shrink too too much, but just enough to keep them tight on the waist and loose some of the baggy booty.

uhm... do flathead got a store in tokyo? if they do... where?

i tried searching... but cant find an address... probably not searching hard enough...

Indeed, Flat Head 'got' a store in Tokyo - 2 I believe, I went to...

Flat Head Jiyuugaoka

Tokyu-Toyoko Line

Jiyuugaoka Station

From the south gate, it's about 5 minutes on foot. It's on the second floor, in one of the bldgs behind the Gap. I don't remember exactly how to get there, but the Gap is enormous, so if someone can direct you there, you should be able to find it. Jiyuugaoka is also a really cool area.

DSCN0556.jpg

how are the prices in the store compared to prices in the states? just wondering.

Jeans are a little less, button downs are about the same, tees, jewelry, and leather items are less in America.

So i have a pair of apc rescues in size 30 that measure (big style):

waist- 17

fr - 11

br- 14.5

thigh- 11.5

knee and leg opening- 8

my question is could I fit in a pair 4001BK size 31, or am i crazy? would they strech?

Here are the measurements from Self Edge. Its the same cut and everything the only differences are they're indigo, the backstitching, and it uses polycotton thread. They shrink after a soak but the waist stretches out back to tagged size and the inseam shrinks like 2-3 inches.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=213

flathead 3001 w29

6 months and 2 weeks, bought 7 months ago.

3 hot soaks

theyre no sidney lo's fh but i wish they faded more, ive been biking in these for the past 2 months everyday for at least an hour a day, usually more.., and bboy in them for about 2-3 hours twice a week. im thinking its because of my fitment that i didnt get much fading, probably should have gotten a w28 or maybe my soaks just werent doing shit? i really like my vertical lines/fades though, pictures were taken with a shitty camera, there actually is more contrast than seen on the pictures, but not by much:

picture026ss9.th.jpg

picture021pm5.th.jpg

picture011vz1.th.jpg

picture005nx2.th.jpg

picture006yb1.th.jpg

picture007gh5.th.jpg

picture008ka3.th.jpg

picture009fu7.th.jpg

picture004kj5.th.jpg

picture034jn4.th.jpg

picture029gz1.th.jpg

picture022dg5.th.jpg

afterwards they were hot soaked in detergent, and actually shrunk some more, i the fit is alot better, tighter all around and doesnt look so dominating over my legs but i still wish it was tighter. no pictures yet of postwash as i dropped them off at selfedge to get chainstitched cause of the hem coming apart. after the pseudowash, the stiching line above the right back pocket was also coming apart :|

will probably put up pictures when i get them back from se, but they didnt really fade that much after the detergent soak, im thinking about just washing them for real and seeing what will happen.

soaked my f310's last night. put them in hot water -- from a kettle -- for 2 hrs.

hung dry last night.

they shrunk, but not as much as I had hoped.

will they shrink more with hot washes/hot tumble drys?

if not...

anyone wanna trade their w31 f310s for my w31 f310s? (they're unaltered)

soaked my f310's last night. put them in hot water -- from a kettle -- for 2 hrs.

hung dry last night.

they shrunk, but not as much as I had hoped.

will they shrink more with hot washes/hot tumble drys?

if not...

anyone wanna trade their w31 f310s for my w31 f310s? (they're unaltered)

They'll shrink a little more if you do a hot wash and a hot dry...

Hey Kiya, or anybodyelse who knows, will the first soak stain my tub? Might be a stupid question but earlier in the thread somebody hung them on a wall and couldn't get the indigo out. I only have a shower so i don't want to ruin my friends bathtub.

Nope, depends on what your tub is made of i guess haha. when you soak them, the water is a darkish yellow, not indigo. After you soak them, just rinse your tub and it should be alright. if you hang dry them, and they are against your wall, it'll probably stain.