The Flat Head 3001

fadeaway

They don't stretch that much, and keep in mind that these jeans shrink an insane amount. i would exchange them for one size up before you soak them.

shiiiit. that's what i get for buying them on supermarket, i'm stuck with the 29s. they're a little too tight still after a week and one cold-water wash and air dry but they have loosened up a bit. still tight enough that the zipper comes undone whenever I sit and the seam twists around to the front though. pisses me off. hoping by continuing to wear them as hard as possible they stretch.

my apcs ns stretched 6 sizes, these don't stretch at all. wasn't aware how much of a difference the heavier denim made

gonna start riding my bike in them, hopefully that will stretch them a bit around the crotch and thighs.

how much does the thigh shrink?

sry if this has been asked

but after skimming, all i've seen is discussion on waist and inseam

lol waist measurement doesnt really bother me, i can squeeze into a 28-32...its all about the thighs man

Just get your normal size. I wear a 29 in everything (27 in APC), including FH3001. They were tight after a soak, but stretched out after about a week. In fact, my Skull 5010xx are also a 29 and I think the waist is tighter (but not the thighs). Don't size up, don't size down, buy your size.

but its not like sewing somthing onto the leg or something, youve got a confined space that youve got to fit your hand and needle in and out of right? that to me would be the aggrevating part.

Ok, this may be a stupid question but how hard is it to re-stich on Arc's on a pair of flatheads? or whatever brand it may be for that matter. Is it even possible or not worth the time?

Why not just buy the Frontier series?

would a guy with a 6 foot 165 pound build and 33.5" waist and 22" thighs look good in the 3001's? i also have apc new standards tagged size 31 but there is a good inch in the waist of room and i feel i should have gotten the 30's especially since i sag them a bit.

I did a search and I found this thread on the 3001's http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=11207&highlight=flathead+3001 but I don't think anybody in there has posted soaking before and after pictures.

An abundant amount of people on here got this jean now since the Self Edge party so I thought this would be a good idea. (Though me and sidneylo got it the day before. :D )

I've worn it yesterday and all day today and after all the information I have gotten from people at the party, I've decided to give it a cold soak for about 5 hours.

Its 2 hours into the soak right now, and going to pull it out in another 3.

Size 30x36

waist: 15

inseam: 37

leg opening:7 1/2

thigh: 11 1/2

front rise: 10

back rise: 14

flathead3001.jpg

coldwater.jpg

Cold water running.

flathead3001soak.jpg

Asian bucket and 2 1 gallon tropicana orange juice jugs.

denimbubbles.jpg

Denim bubbles!

I will post the after-soak measurements and the fit of it after its done, this will be edited in a few hours.

EDIT:

flatheadhang.jpgflatheadhang1.jpg

Once I took them out I pressed them up against my bathtub wall and went up and down with my hand to try and squeeze out the excess water. Once I took it off the wall the wall was stained with indigo, I tried to wash it off with water but it wouldn't come off.

They are going to be drying until tomorrow morning and once I get up from sleeping I will wear them dry.

Updates soon to come!

hey whered yoou get those flatheads SNM ? how much?

would a guy with a 6 foot 165 pound build and 33.5" waist and 22" thighs look good in the 3001's? i also have apc new standards tagged size 31 but there is a good inch in the waist of room and i feel i should have gotten the 30's especially since i sag them a bit.

yes he would. i know this because youre just a little bigger than me and i think i look good in them. but DO NOT size down as much as you normally would. go one down at most. a 33 waist id guess would fit nicely

yes he would. i know this because youre just a little bigger than me and i think i look good in them. but DO NOT size down as much as you normally would. go one down at most. a 33 waist id guess would fit nicely

ok cool well thats what im debating about the 32's or the 33's i know the waist of denim always stretches out regardless of how no stretchy it is which is why i think the 32's would be ideal even though everyone says it doesnt stretch much. 2 inches i feel regardless of the stretchiness is easy for denim to stretch out especially over time with constant wear so i think 32's would be perfect but im still not 100% so any input would really help.

Last I checked, as of early May or so, all international Japanese sites have been ordered to cease shipping Flat Head overseas. This goes for a few other brands as well, but I'm not sure whether it's strictly enforced or not.

Is that a condom fade :P

They do look really nice sidney. Makes me wish i wore my pbjs more often and wear them harder.

Alblue- I am also 6ft 160-165lbs. I don't know what you mean by 33.5" waist. I wouldn't measure your waist yourself, but rather measure a pair of jeans that fit you snugly on the waist. When most people say they're a size 32 or 30, they usually mean that's the size that true to size jeans fit them well. I typically wear 32s but can sometimes wear 31s. Jeans will always stretch a little bit, so 31s in raw jeans i don't plan on washing for a couple months at a time usually are what i do. Sometimes if i know i'm not going to wear a pair of jeans that often (like my j lindinberg raws), i buy them in a "true size" 32. I think you are probably selling yourself short (or large i guess) waist wise and would probably be better in a size 32 in flathead 3001(or whatever the new model name is), but i don't know your body or how your shape is. We are pretty much the exact same size, but who knows how similar our body types are.