The Flat Head 3001

fadeaway

Should I expect the 4001bk's to fit similarly as far as the waist goes though looser through the thigh? Or will the waist be way too big on me? I measured about where my Skulls fit and my waist is 33-34", so it seems like the 4001bk's will be a good fit, no?

I have 3001s and 4001bk's both in a 32 waist

I hot soaked the 3001's and lost about 3" from the inseam, I havent soaked the 4001 yet, but I would say that the thigh on the 3001s post soak fit similar to 4001's presoak.

If that makes any sense.

I got my FH3001 about a week ago. I wear a size 29 in just about everything and got the same in these. Here are some pre-soak measurements and pics:

Waist: 30" (14.5" across the back)

Front rise: 10"

Back rise: 13.5"

Thigh: a little more than 11.5"

Inseam: 36"

Leg opening: 7 3/4"

Laid flat:

img1029ie8.jpg

The fabric has a lot of character. It's fairly smooth, but you can already see the verticals peaking through:

img1013mw5.jpg

Some details:

img1026qb3.jpg

Do I get arcs and a red tab? Click the image to find out!

img1037my6.jpg

I wore them in a hot bath for an hour to shrink them down. I didn't take post-shrink measurements, but after they dried, they were quite tight around the hips and through the thigh. I think one of the more unique aspects to the FH3001 fit is the way the thigh comes in so quickly, whereas most jeans seem to narrow more gradually until the knee. I've been wearing them only a few days now. They have stretched out in all the right places, and fit very comfortably now. Here are the current measurements and pics:

Waist: 30" (14.5" across the back)

Front rise: 9.5"

Back rise: 13"

Thigh: 11"

Inseam: 34"

Leg opening: 7.5"

The lighting by my mirror isn't so great, but hopefully you get the idea:

img1057tf3.jpg

My butt:

img1062ns6.jpg

Knee buldge like whoa:

img1067mj7.jpg

Definitely an awesome pair of jeans!

OH SHIT, oh shit - the mail man just came and i have sitting in front of me my FLAT HEADS!

here are the pre soak measurements - using the BiG method

tag size - 34

waist - 36 (weird, i hope they shrink A LOT)

front rise - 10.75 (all the way to the bartack stitch)

back rise - 15

upper thigh - 12

knee - 9

inseam - 36.5

hem - 8.5

i have a job interview to go to but when i come back hopefully pictures of the presoak and of the soak!

well they shrunk quite a bit, and are slightly too big in the waist. they button perfect but i know they will stretch. it's fine though bc i wear my clothes a slight tad looser than most guys on here.

the are a pretty regular fit on the top block and don't pull or stretch across when i'm standing, but when i'm sitting yes. they slimmed down perfectly. the way i wear them it kind of reminds me of the DH fit with the slim legs and slightly looser anti fit top block, except the seat isn't as anti fit as DH.

after soak measurements - also using BiG method

tag size - 34

waist - 34.5

front rise - 10

back rise - 14.25

upper thigh - 11.5

knee - 8.5

inseam - 34.25

hem - 8.5

the way i soaked them was i filled the tub with faucet hot water, then added 2 arge pots of boiling water. i let them soak for 5 hours and every hour i would add a pot of boiling water to keep it hot when it would cool.

i didn't lose much indigo at all, which i was worried about. i think the key was not to agitate them. i'll get pics sometime in the future; i'm so busy - having a job and livin in the real world sucks lol

rakuten options -

if you wants arcs and tabs (which are a scarcity now more than ever) you have to use one of the proxies, bc the stores on rakuten won't send Flat Head out because of the law suit.

if you want them with the new pocket shape and pocket stitching i think they will be available soon and i dont think you should have any problem ordering them from rakuten stores that ship to the US as well as proxies of course.

ordering them from japan i'm guessing will run you roughly $220 or less i believe. i got mine for $216 from a proxy. i'm guessing if you ordered them directly from a store that will ship to the US it will be less than that. you run the risk of not being able to return them, possibly getting lost in the mail, or weird fees -- just becareful

US options -

i think Self Edge is the only store in the US that carries them. kiya is a great person to talk to about sizing and what not. the other plus is that the Flat Heads he sells are a special kiya edition which is basically the same pocket shape as the old but blank. he wasn't too big a fan of the redesign so they agreed to tweak them for Self Edge.

pro's are more peace of mind with shipping and returning etc and free shipping. the Self Edge version will run you $280.

honestly, i wanted arcs and tabs really bad so thats why i was willing to risk it. if it wasn't a big deal to me i would def use kiya just for that extra security.

Just as a quick note..

The F310, which is the 3001 but with new pockets and new arcuates, are having their worldwide release at Self Edge in about ten to fifteen days from now.

Just as a quick note..

The F310, which is the 3001 but with new pockets and new arcuates, are having their worldwide release at Self Edge in about ten to fifteen days from now.

so theres going to be the 310 with the different pockets and a 3001 with the normal, blank back pockets?

is the the 310 replacing the 3001 rather?

so theres going to be the 310 with the different pockets and a 3001 with the normal, blank back pockets?

is the the 310 replacing the 3001 rather?

Exactly, there's going to be two different versions.

The only difference between the 3001 and the F310 is the pockets and the F310 uses a cotton/poly blend stitch so the jeans will last far longer.

Not sure what happened but i just got a load of PM's asking about the 3001's..

Our page here should answer all of your sizing/fit questions:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=201

hey i'm very new to flathead denim and i'm not sure what size should i get. i'm thinking of getting a 3001s as its one of the slimmest fits right ? anyway i'm wearing a 27 for apc, size 30 for skull 5010 and i'm around 31 in waist. what size should i get ? and where can i get the flathead jeans and their shirt ??? i'm from singapore.

most of the size are gone in Self Edge... good deal...

Actually no, most of the sizes are still available.