The Flat Head 3001

fadeaway

Julian! Bring those back to me and let me fix the belt loop for you..

Last I checked, as of early May or so, all international Japanese sites have been ordered to cease shipping Flat Head overseas. This goes for a few other brands as well, but I'm not sure whether it's strictly enforced or not.

thanks

question guys, I'm still on the edge whether to take a sz 30 on these, I'm a true size 29 and sized down 3 for my NS. I'm looking to get some sag ala Sidney, my NS nomatter how stretched they are, I can barely get any sag in 'em (big ass?). Would sizing up to 30 be better?

thanks

question guys, I'm still on the edge whether to take a sz 30 on these, I'm a true size 29 and sized down 3 for my NS. I'm looking to get some sag ala Sidney, my NS nomatter how stretched they are, I can barely get any sag in 'em (big ass?). Would sizing up to 30 be better?

If want any chance of sagging on these get a size 30 because they'll shrink quite a bit once you soak/wash them..

Just got these babies from SE. Thanks for the help Kiya. They are a size 31. I am about 6'1 148 lbs.

Here is how they look pre-soak. I won't be able to soak these until the weekend though. I am really liking the fit right now. I don't want these to shrink too much cause I kinda want them to fit just like this after soaking.

How do you suggest I soak? I'm thinking a one hour warm soak and then air dry. Will that get most of the shrinkage out of the way?

F310rawcopy.jpg

yeah, you say you want them to fit like that but then ask about how to get most of the shrinkage out of the way... you cant have your cake and eat it too man.

and to answer your actual question, no, i really doubt a one hour warm soak will get most of the shrinkage out

The 3XXX denim from Flat Head will shrink the first 3 times you wash/soak them in warm water or the first 6 times you wash/soak them in cold water.

They continue to shrink for quite a few washes even if you used hot water.

If you want to get rid of almost all the shrinkage in one quick procedure then do a hot wash and a hot dry. i do NOT recommend doing this though, it shrinks the denim so much the chances of you not being able to get them on all is very good.

looking from the pics, i think im going to get a pair from SE but im wondering do i really have to soak it or can i just wear it right out the package?

you must soak these before wearing them.. but it's really really simple.

you just put them in warm water for 1 hour, then take them out and let them dry.

that's it.

Personally i believe that people should not dry clean their jeans because it stunts the natural progression of the denim over the months or years.

I also believe that all jeans should be soaked before wearing, even if sanforized, because it's not until the jeans have been soaked where the true color of the indigo is released.

Keep in mind that both of these things are practices that i believe in for my own use, i'm not saying they're right or wrong, they're more a part of the whole ritual of denim for me.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have measurements on their 3001s after multiple washes and soaks which they could post?

Mine are a 32 waist, one warm/hot-ish soak for 40-50 minutes when I first got them in June. I didn't want the length to shrink too much.

Now the waist is 17 inches across and the inseam is just about exactly 35 inches.

How much more should I expect the inseam to shrink if I were to machine wash now? My legs are long enough that I wouldn't want them to get even half an inch shorter.

Thanks.

Habia, they will probably shrink another .75" if you do a warm wash.

I recommend doing a quick cold wash and let it air dry for minimum length shrinkage.

Hey Kiya, I must have missed the part with dry denim about soaking. I picked up the IH 634S a couple of weeks back and have been wearing them about 3x a week. You mention that soaking once initially before wearing will give the jeans their more natural indigo color? How about any difference in contrast in the long run?

The IH fit really good right now, really snug. I'm hoping they stretch about an inch or so and it'll be perfect. Do you recommend a cold soak and air dry then? How much will cold soaking shrink them?

Hope I didn't hijack the flathead thread =)

I think it's funny how people talk about getting "caught in a rainstorm" and somehow the denim is ruined. Will all the blue come out? Will they shrink up and constrict your testicles? Ridiculous!

I think people search too much for some magic denim recipe that will earn them MAJOR +REP! on the internet...

How do you suggest I soak? I'm thinking a one hour warm soak and then air dry. Will that get most of the shrinkage out of the way?

INTERNET FAMUZ SIDRERO TREATMENTZ:

Cold soak 2 hours, air dry.

They will be tight tight tight... but buck up and wear it out. Then enjoy the stretch back and watch the verticals...

so the inseam of the 3001/F310 is 36 inches raw? Is it possible to have them shrink to a 33.5" or is that asking too much and should I just have them hemmed?

so the inseam of the 3001/F310 is 36 inches raw? Is it possible to have them shrink to a 33.5" or is that asking too much and should I just have them hemmed?

No, the inseam is longer than 36" raw, check the measurements:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop

ive got some 30x33 imperials that fit a little somethin' like this...with lots of room in the waist/thigh. (i sized up...after a wash/dry they're a bit more snug than this. this photo is when they are brand new)

6-7.jpg

and i want some FH3001/310's that are gonna fit similar to that, but tighter. something like sidney's, but not overwhelmingly tight. ya know?

for those of you that own both of these jeans, sizing ideas? go down to a 29? i can squeeze into a 28 waist fairly easy if that helps at all?

also, the FH westerns...36 = small? the measurements are matching up like thats right, but im just curious...