The Flat Head 3001

fadeaway

hey, guys, I had my 3001 cut 2 inch, here is how they look now, do u guys think that they will be too short after the 1st wash?

front.jpg

back.jpg

those will definitely be too short after you wash them :/

i got a one wash 30x36 from a japanese proxy, and the leg hardly measure 33 inches

I read all the posts in this thread, but I'm still a little confused on size. These seem to fit around the waist like any other Japanese denim brands. I wear in a post-soak 29 in Denime, SD-103, and Sugarcane. I plan on soaking these as well. If the true measurement of 30" on Self Edge is post-soak, that should be perfect. Is there any reason I shouldn't get a 29 again?

Very quick question... Ive read all the posts but still im confused, also by the different measurements on different sites.

I wear a 32 waist normally (levis, edwin, non raw jeans) should i size up on these or go for my normal 32? Any help appreciated, and im honest when i say i cant find a straight answer on this anywhere!

Very quick question... Ive read all the posts but still im confused, also by the different measurements on different sites.

I wear a 32 waist normally (levis, edwin, non raw jeans) should i size up on these or go for my normal 32? Any help appreciated, and im honest when i say i cant find a straight answer on this anywhere!

Measure the waist on one of the jeans that you own, then look on our measurment chart and find the same measured waist, then buy the tagged size that matches up with that waist measurement.

i'd guess from what you said you'd need a 32 or 33..

according to my experience, I wear 29 non raw jeans, and 28 on these 3001 feel a little bit too tight... I should have gone for a pair of 29.

Why not just exchange them for a larger pair?

I'm wearing sz31 RRDS. Initially very tight like a motherfucker, but has stretched now after 4 months, that I can put a fist in between the waist of the jeans and my body. Should I even give the thought of thinking I can fit into a sz.29 and wear them to hell until they stretch out? I like my jeans just perfect on me. Not loose on the waist at all.

My NWT 3001's. I only intend to cold soak them. I doubt I'll ever machine wash more than thrice in their lifetime. Still, I'm worried I should have sized up:

FlatHead3.jpg

Any advice from those who already own would help...

Update: Upon this forum's advice, I sized up to sz. 32, however I was able only to get the 4001 in that sz. These sz. 31 (pictured) will thus be in supermarket.

I did a 4 hr. cold soak for the 4001. They already seemed softer than the 3001 pre-soak, and were even softer after that, which is good. While the legs are definitely slimmer (yet not as slim as the 3001), the inseam shrank very little (maybe 1 inch) and the waist is still too big. Has anyone found that the shrinkage differs between the 4001 and 3001. I'm think I will do another warm soak, after I hot soak the waistband only. I'm just worried about losing a lot more color...

The 4001BK doesn't shrink nearly as much as the 3001..

That's what I was worried about; due to the half-selvage? I hope a scalding soak of the waistband will remedy its hula-hoop-style fit around my waist. I'm just worried since the 4001 seemed to lose a lot of (black) indigo during the cold soak, a warm soak will drain even more color.

ok, i've been trying to figure out sizing for these and i just read through, here's my issue, im really new to this but i've been reading everything. i'm 6'3, 200lbs, so not rail thin at all (just lost 100 lbs!) im a 35~ish waist in jcrew and normal jeans, in 501's i wear a 36 which is a little loose but i can never find 35's. my pair of raw jeans are h&m regulars at 34" waist, which were a little tight in the thigh when i bought them but the waist fit fine. they've stretched out now and are normal, good to go. would i be able to wear the 3001's in a 34? it says on some websites the waist is 35, im thinking they'll stretch a tiny bit and be fine? i know they dont stretch a lot but what are other oppinions? thanks in advance, i love the way these wear and i'd love to make them my first real pair of nice denim if i could

Excellent. That seems my solution then. I will hot soak them and then wear them wet while I do an extensive leg workout to stretch the thighs, periodically stopping so that my lady can pour ptichers of cold water on my quads.

haha:D this made me laugh out loud

Yes, the 4001bk doesn't shrink that much, even with a hot soak...

Lots of indigo comes out, but theres still plenty left after that it won't be noticeable.

QFT... after my pre-soak, I couldn't even tell it lost indigo. I think mine only shrank .5in. on the inseam?

i think i read somewhere that the flathead denim is dipped in indigo up to 20-some times. anyone want to confirm this?

i also read that the denim is similar to eternals, my question is in terms of what -- color, fading, slub, etc?

i dont know how many times theyre dyed, but i hot soaked my 3001s, and theyre still nearly black theyre so saturated, they bleed lots more than my sams and like i said, look black by comparison, whereas the sams look more royal blue

i think i read somewhere that the flathead denim is dipped in indigo up to 20-some times. anyone want to confirm this?

i also read that the denim is similar to eternals, my question is in terms of what -- color, fading, slub, etc?

it's 24 or 28 times, can't remember. most likely 24.

the slubbiness is similar to eternals, which in turn yields a similar fade.

after emailing back and forth with 3 different proxies, talking to that british retailer, and spending entirely too much time waiting for a pair to pop up on supermarket, i finally got a pair of the original 3001s in size 34, shipped to me for a whopping $216!

lesson learned . . . arcs/tabs are extremely scarce but not impossible to find on this 17th day of May

after emailing back and forth with 3 different proxies, talking to that british retailer, and spending entirely too much time waiting for a pair to pop up on supermarket, i finally got a pair of the original 3001s in size 34, shipped to me for a whopping $216!

lesson learned . . . arcs/tabs are extremely scarce but not impossible to find on this 17th day of May

Could you please post some measurements after soaking? Thanks.

I'm about to buy jaspar's 32W 4001bk's, but am having second thoughts after seeing the pictures of him wearing the 31W 3001's, and then him commenting on the waist of the 4001bk's being too large.

I own a pair of Skull 5010XX 6x6 31W, which after about 6 weeks of wear has a waist of ~16.25" measured flat. This fits me pretty well around my hips about right where I want the jeans to sit. My only gripe is that they are a bit too slim through the thigh which is why I wear them a bit low.

Should I expect the 4001bk's to fit similarly as far as the waist goes though looser through the thigh? Or will the waist be way too big on me? I measured about where my Skulls fit and my waist is 33-34", so it seems like the 4001bk's will be a good fit, no?