The Flat Head 3001

fadeaway

They are tagged 36", but ask any knowledgable denim person, and you'll learn denim made to be 36" always turn out 37" inseam. They shrink 3" with a full soak.

I'm 5'10", maybe a little taller. Mine are at 35.25" with no problems, and nice stacking. At 5'5", you can get away will a full hot soak, it'll shrink probably down to 34" if not even shorter.

If you guys need help with measurements for the 3001, please refer to past posts--I posted some in-depth analysis of the initial soak. Here's an animated gif since you all obviously love watching me and wonder how I look in action.

flathead_rotate.gif

Yeah youngluc is a good example of how the jeans work themselves out on you despite whatever height you may be.

Don't hem until you soak and resort it as your last option. With the tendency to shrink, it'd be a shame to have you hem them and then have it be too short post-soak.

Anyone have any close up of the denim? I haven't seen a good representation of the denim yet and was curious.

• 2 weeks later...
How much do 3001s retail for? I'm having buyer's remorse on getting my S5000wx's and they haven't even come yet :rolleyes:

American retail is $280:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=201

they're 32x36

the legs shrunk down quite a bit.

405188500_4997eff5d8_o.jpg

thats the only pre-soak pic taht you can really see much in, they were definitely not tight at all in the legs or ass, and now they fit a lot better.

Cool, we have the same bathroom tiles.

anyways, here are pictures of my 3001, 2 months wear (taken few weeks ago)

front.jpg

back.jpg

combs.jpg

skrev.jpg

ass.jpg

Mine are a bit altered in the legs though

And the accurate is gone, which I have remorse for removing

what's the denim's texture like on these after a long soak? would you consider these "slubby" denim, or do they feel more like regular raw denim a la nudie and/or apc, i'm just curious cause after getting my pbjxx005bk's i'm sticking with slubby denim for awhile, and i couldn't quite tell how these would feel based on pics alone

• 3 weeks later...

So I tried to order my 3001's directly from 2nd because I wanted arcuates and tabs intact, and I received this reply to my order:

The Jaspar way you have always taken care. It is the well shoal of second. The inquiry thank you!! There is no excuse' date=' but because the commodity of the flat head corporation prohibited the flat head corporation export of the part commodity from the store at one time, 3001 where this time it receives order presently cannot do export. *) Other than the denim jeans there are some which can do correspondence. Prohibition to be cancelled, because it is the schedule which reopens circumstance and sale when you can wait to that, it is fortunate. *) Presently period is undecided. Being able to point to as much as possible effort even from now on, because it receives, also in the future 2ND (second) we ask may. The impoliteness it does.[/quote']

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can still get these with tabs and arcuates?

Informative Response via paypal -- 9.99 USD

Only serious buyers for "Informative Response"

MOs are accepted for US buyers. Rimjobs are a means of payment.

Done. Check your paypal (or your ass) for pending payment

To clarify, I wondered if anyone had recently ordered them via proxy, or if FH won't allow them to be shipped within Japan, as well as internationally. Jeez...

i'm pretty sure they don't make them anymore. that's the point of the whole lawsuit deal. i just purchased a pair of 3001s w/tabs and arcuates on Friday though, through the supermarket... so that's probably your best bet.

I think FlatHead no longer makes them w/ those acruates. Jeez

Thanks Knucks, I'm aware, they don't make them anymore, but many places do still sell their old stock. For example, even Self Edges's post-lawsuit shipment of 3001's came with arcuates which had clearly been removed (either by them or FH).

Thanks, Naero.