The Flat Head 3001

fadeaway

good... the 20% discount only applies to 3k1? or even f380? I bought a pair of 3k1 in march from u guys already...

It applies to the 4001BK too.

• 2 weeks later...

No, sorry.. it's only good on the 3001 and the 4001BK.

Ugh. I don't need a pair of these at all...but its hard to pass up a sale.

Kiya - There's no 29 or 30 available on the site, does that mean you're out of stock in these sizes for the 3001?

Stupid question, I know...But I had to ask.

beautiful

is that yellow water?

It's the natural color of indigo that had turned blue after oxidation when it was first dipped. I had thought from previous mini hem soaks that it was dirty dirty dirty water... when in fact it's the indigo that's soaked into the fibers.

Crazy right? I could be mistaken though.

I always thought that the yellow water was starch, its probably a combination of many things though.

There are a few videos I've seen of things (including denim) being dipped into barrels of indigo... comes out yellow but turns blue as it oxidizes. Maybe someone can link it in here?

Maybe I'm on crack... do the FH3001 have any starch in them? It's been four months of wear and it's on its... 2nd and a half soak.

The quick explanation is that indigo is actually yellow, and when oxidized indigo turns blue. Therefore when indigo is DE-oxidized it turns yellow again.

Something i've always thought to myelf but never shared with anybody is that if we were all sea creatures our jeans would all be yellow.

The quick explanation is that indigo is actually yellow, and when oxidized indigo turns blue. Therefore when indigo is DE-oxidized it turns yellow again.

Something i've always thought to myelf but never shared with anybody is that if we were all sea creatures our jeans would all be yellow.

a better word for that would be 'reduced'.

yeah, i saw that vid somewhere and i was like... wow, there's a real use for chemistry that i'm interested in now.

There are a few videos I've seen of things (including denim) being dipped into barrels of indigo... comes out yellow but turns blue as it oxidizes. Maybe someone can link it in here?

Maybe I'm on crack... do the FH3001 have any starch in them? It's been four months of wear and it's on its... 2nd and a half soak.

How much have yours stretched out? I just got some FH3001s today and they're mad tight

They don't stretch that much, and keep in mind that these jeans shrink an insane amount. i would exchange them for one size up before you soak them.

soo how much do these shrink in the waist and on the insteam on its first soak?

about an inch exactly in the waist and depending on what type of soak you do and its duration up to 3 inches on the inseam (or 4 if theyre like many and come with an inseam one inch longer than tagged, making them start at 38" and not 37", cant remember if they do)

basically, i did a three hour hot soak and the inseam shrunk 1'' to tagged size, inseam shrunk to 34"

i wanted to get the F310s in a size 30 from SE but they are sold out on that size. Now, I am wondering if I should try a size 31.

I am about 6'1 148 lbs. I know that these shrink about an inch in the waist when you first soak them, but then ive read that they also stretch about an inch from wearing.. so basically you get back to where you started, is this true?

If that is the case, then I think I may be able to work with a size 31. On the SE website, the tagged 31 actually comes with a waist of 32. ive measured a pair of jeans i have that are about a 32 but they sit really low on me. i can pull them off completely without undoing any of the buttons if i wanted to. can other people do this with their F310s/3001s?

any thoughts... should i go for the size 31 from SE? or try to buy a size 30 from a proxy?

also, has anyone experienced more than an inch of stretching on the waist?

^If you can pull off a pair of 32 jeans without undoing the button then definately get the 31. You might even be able to fit into a 30. I normally wear 31 and i bought a pair of 30 and they fit great. A little on the tight side though. If i remember correctly the measurements between a 30 and 31 weren't that much different.

As for stretching, these don't stretch alot. I don't think mine has stretched an inch, maybe half.

also, has anyone experienced more than an inch of stretching on the waist?

i got about 2-2.5" out of the waist, the rest is a bitch to stretch though, as its been said before, these are stubburn to stretch. id say youd be best off getting a bigger than normal size on them and just ceasing any unwanted wait stretch with a belt.

Something to remember about Flat Head jeans is that they don't really stretch much and they shrink like crazy.. So sizing down isn't always a great idea with FH jeans that use the 3XXX denim.

hey all

i bought a pair of the flathead 3001's from self edge a week back, did one hot 3 hour soak and a tumble dry...they were a tagged size 34

i wear a 34 in samurai s0500xx/pbj-xx005 and the flatheads are VERY tight on me as of now, how much do they stretch?

do i need to hit the gym for 45 min cardio per day haha

Flat Head jeans don't really stretch all that much. I'd say a maximum of 3/4" of an inch in the waist..