The Flat Head 3001

fadeaway

So my FH 3001 came in the mail today anticipated them the whole week and low and behold, couldn't even come close to buttoning them; huge gap. I guess I think I'm skinnier than I really am. That's what I get for going back to the gym. Exchanging 32 for a 34. Got a long wait ahead of me.

Expect my flatheads in a week Kiya; fuckin UPS.

So my FH 3001 came in the mail today anticipated them the whole week and low and behold, couldn't even come close to buttoning them; huge gap. I guess I think I'm skinnier than I really am. That's what I get for going back to the gym. Exchanging 32 for a 34. Got a long wait ahead of me.

I can't stress enough the importance of using the size charts to determine your size over taking somebody's advice on the boards..

The size charts are pretty spot on and the only way to really know the size of jeans before you've received em..

I can't stress enough the importance of using the size charts to determine your size over taking somebody's advice on the boards..

The size charts are pretty spot on and the only way to really know the size of jeans before you've received em..

Are your size charts listed as Pre-Soak?

Also, I'm starting to like these (the World Tour pair), but I also love slubby denim. Is there a similar cut with more texture in the denim? Don't get me wrong, this denim is nice, but it's pretty smooth at this point.

Are your size charts listed as Pre-Soak?

Also, I'm starting to like these (the World Tour pair), but I also love slubby denim. Is there a similar cut with more texture in the denim? Don't get me wrong, this denim is nice, but it's pretty smooth at this point.

All our size charts are presoak..

Most unsanforized denim will shrink ~2" in the inseam and 1.25" in the waist after the first hot soak.

If you put them in an envelope overnight is pretty cheap. That's what I did. It's well worth it.

They are tagged 36", but ask any knowledgable denim person, and you'll learn denim made to be 36" always turn out 37" inseam. They shrink 3" with a full soak.

I'm 5'10", maybe a little taller. Mine are at 35.25" with no problems, and nice stacking. At 5'5", you can get away will a full hot soak, it'll shrink probably down to 34" if not even shorter.

If you guys need help with measurements for the 3001, please refer to past posts--I posted some in-depth analysis of the initial soak. Here's an animated gif since you all obviously love watching me and wonder how I look in action.

flathead_rotate.gif

youve come a long way...

hey there i hate to be asking another sizing question but i'd really appreciate some help before i decide to spend $300 on a pair of jeans. basically after reading through a majority of the posts in this thread it seems to me that the shrinkage in the waist is a bit inconsistent; sidney's pair shrunk about 1.5 inches in the waist after only a 2 hour soak, while others reported almost no shrinkage in the waist with longer soaks. is the shrinkage on this pair that inconsistent?

i measured my true waist (approx. 2 in below my naval, w/out jeans on mind you) and it came out to be 30.3 in.

if i pick up a pair im planning on soaking these in the hottest water i can get out of the tap, and letting them sit overnight (meaning the water will initially be hot but i won't continuously keep it up to temp.)

so, basically, my question is should i get a sz 30 or 31? again, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

So my left leg has more honey combs than my right after the first day of wear, these will even out eventually right? I also have another question regarding the taper, would getting these tapered be a smart move on my part?

Throw them away now, you'll never get anywhere with those.