The Flat Head 3001

fadeaway

Well I had bought the 310's, but I felt if I had to squeeze to button the waist, any shrinkage would make them unwearable...

that is a wise observation... but they do stretch... and then they do shrink again. so it is up to you on how you want the fit to be.

id say size up

So, what's the latest with arcuates and tabs on FH. I bought a pair of 5100 about a year ago at Self Edge but the arcs and tab had been cut off because of the Levi lawsuit. Looking at these pictures I guess arcs and tab are back. I am giving my 5100 the first soak right now but I would like to get a pair with arcs and tab.

Just got my flatheads. Here are some fit pics of them.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=895830&postcount=2264

Praying for the waist and ass area to shrink quite abit after a hot soak.

Will post pics after the soak. :)

You currently have the ideal fit, IMO. I don't know why you'd want them any tighter than that (these aren't skinny jeans... even less so than XX-005's).

I would advise first doing a cold/lukewarm soak before trying to shrink the ass + waist with a hot soak. It will shrink your thighs too much. The thighs on 3001's are especially slim, and shrink markedly even in a dense fog, let alone a hot soak.

hey guys I true sized on a pair of F310...fit pretty well but they have loosen alot and not longer hug my leg like they used to....should I soak them or wash??I've only worn them for a month...

on a differnet note...anyone got any good ideas for shoes that go well with them? I've tried converse but the sole is just too thin..my feet hurt after....I'm wearing vans but they have a similar problem....any ideas???

for all the F310 owners out there...do u have the problem of the zipper not staying up? mine keep falling down...can anyone help?

hey guys I true sized on a pair of F310...fit pretty well but they have loosen alot and not longer hug my leg like they used to....should I soak them or wash??I've only worn them for a month...

on a differnet note...anyone got any good ideas for shoes that go well with them? I've tried converse but the sole is just too thin..my feet hurt after....I'm wearing vans but they have a similar problem....any ideas???

for all the F310 owners out there...do u have the problem of the zipper not staying up? mine keep falling down...can anyone help?

Did you not soak them when they were new?

you can lock the zipper by pushing down on it til it kinda clicks... i never have any problems of my zipper falling down

Self Edge has been kind enough to sponsor and support my gallery exhibition 'What Are You Wearing Today?', opening on March 27th, 2008. As a result, we are giving away a brand new pair of Flat Head 3001 jeans in your size to celebrate the occasion!

contest.jpg

Answer this short questionnaire correctly and send your replies to [email protected] with the subject line as "Sidney Lo Flat Head 3001 Contest".

Deadline to send in your answers is February 9th, 2008 23:59 EST.

1. What day were my Flat Head 3001's purchased?

2. How many times am I featured on the Self Edge website (not including multiple pictures within a single product i.e. back shot, etc.)? Also include where I am featured as well.

3. How many group waywt photos were taken during the waywt video 'What Are You Wearing Today?

4. How many days will I have worn my Flat Head 3001's, from the beginning of my WAYWT project on March 10, 2007 til the last day March 10th, 2008?

so what exactly is the lowdown on the '3001' coming back?

I am interested too.

Are these back in production for the foreseeable future? Or is Flat Head still standing by the 50-50 thread models but doing one more 3001 run for Self Edge only? Or this could be some extra 3001s they had around the factory. Or something else?

Is Flat Head not completely happy with the 50-50 thread after using it for a few months?

This is a denim forum, I think it is realistic to expect people such as willy p and myself to be interested in all the details.

First of all, we are talking about the F310 correct? I am not familiar with an F301.

My understanding is that the F310 is the exact same jean as the 3001 except with 50-50 poly-cotton stitching instead of the 100% cotton as used in the 3001. Flat Head changed over since 50-50 stitching is more durable.

Additionally, some F310 have differently cut back pockets, and most-if not all- use the new, post-lawsuit arcuates.

The switch from 3001 to F310 was not directly related to Levi's lawsuits.