The Flat Head 3001

fadeaway

I am a pretty tall dude, and I am really interested in the 301 but it said on self edge that the jeans would shrink in length by a lot. They have a 37 inch inseam but I need a minimum 36 inch inseam. Would they shrink and be too small?

You've got to be extremely tall for the F310/3001's to be too short for you after a wash..

What he means is that there is a difference between wearing jeans with a 37" inseam and HAVING a 37" inseam.

I'm about 5'10-11, and when I have my inseam measured, it comes up to around 31" at best.

whats extremely tall? 6"5 with extra long legs

You should be ok..

If you're really worried about the inseam being too short you could always go with the F380.

I am a pretty tall dude, and I am really interested in the 301 but it said on self edge that the jeans would shrink in length by a lot. They have a 37 inch inseam but I need a minimum 36 inch inseam. Would they shrink and be too small?

I can only speak from my personal experience but after a hot soak my pair of 3001s shrunk to about a 35" inseam which from what you've described may be too short for you. If you're looking to get something besides your Diors perhaps you should get the SEXI04 from SelfEdge or maybe the Skull 50-10s (which have a long inseam and don't shrink too much with a hot soak, at least they didn't for me).

First of all, we are talking about the F310 correct? I am not familiar with an F301.

My understanding is that the F310 is the exact same jean as the 3001 except with 50-50 poly-cotton stitching instead of the 100% cotton as used in the 3001. Flat Head changed over since 50-50 stitching is more durable.

Additionally, some F310 have differently cut back pockets, and most-if not all- use the new, post-lawsuit arcuates.

The switch from 3001 to F310 was not directly related to Levi's lawsuits.

oh yeah, sorry... f310... my iphone automatically corrected it to the f301 for some reason :( lame.

but still... havent heard any details on what it is going to entail.

TrueStory-

I just got my 34's I've been wearing for the past two weeks from selfedge. If I can get my hands on a digital camera I will post pics. I'm 5'9" 194lbs. I've got muscular thighs and the jeans fit pretty snug there but the waist has stretched out a little. I could of gone with a sz.33 but I don't think my thighs would of fit into them.

i really want to get a pair of 3001s. i've read the whole thread and i'm even more confused now.

well, i still don't know what size to get. i know that sizes of other jeans won't really help. nonetheless i post them:

size 29 in diors (couldn't button them up when i tried them on).

size 29 in apc ns (couldn't button them up either)

size 33 in julian red nikki sixx.

size 30 in dior under my cars (a bit tight).

well, i measured my wiast and it's 33,8" (2" below my navel).... :confused: don't you think that's confusing? actually i think that my real waist size is 32/33. so should i go with size 32 or size 33? i've got skinny legs and no big thighs. i want them to be slim (like the sidneylo fit) thanks in advance. hopefully you can help me. :)

well, i measured my wiast and it's 33,8" (2" below my navel).... :confused: don't you think that's confusing? actually i think that my real waist size is 32/33. so should i go with size 32 or size 33? i've got skinny legs and no big thighs. i want them to be slim (like the sidneylo fit) thanks in advance. hopefully you can help me. :)

Height and weight, if you don't mind me asking?

i really want to get a pair of 3001s. i've read the whole thread and i'm even more confused now.

well, i still don't know what size to get. i know that sizes of other jeans won't really help. nonetheless i post them:

You need a size 33.

height: 189 cm (6.2 feet)

weight: 71kg (156 lbs)

Interesting indeed...sounds like you're skinny enough to fit a 32 which would probably be skin tight. I recommend a size 33 which happens to be your true waist. If your legs are as skinny as I'm picturing then it might act as a "sizing up buffer" (keeping in mind that sidneylo sized one up to get his fit) by going with a 33, giving you the fit your looking for. But please, do NOT take my word for it, I'm definitely no expert...hopefully kiya will weigh in on this!

Yay for flatheads! :cool:

EDIT: ooops kiya got to it before me...

ok, too bad. i would order a pair right now if they were available. :D

is size 33 going to be available on the 10th?

Yup, we'll have size 33 on the 10th.

I personally wear a 29 in APC ns and a 31 in Dior Homme mij 19cms and I received my Flat Heads last week in size 32 and although I could button the waist, if they shrank at all they would be unwearable. I am now waiting for the 33s. I don't know if it helps, but I just figured I could assist seeing as how we wear similar sizes in the same jeans. I also have skinny legs btw.

great! can't await it to order one. :) how long does shipping to austria usually take (sorry, slightly offtopic)?

Between 4 and 10 days depending on your local customs office.

My 3001s are starting to get a tiny tear on the back of the right knee from how the denim creases there. Is this the kind of thing I should worry about repairing or just let it go?

Has this happened to other people? How much larger is this tear likely to get?

Thanks.

img0244smallwb9.jpg

img0243smallea1.jpg

Habia, that's totally normal..

The reason that's happening is due to the lack of washes.

It won't really open up any more, just leave it..

^thanks Kiya.

Glad it won't open up much more, that is my main concern.

Feel a little dumb for not washing more if I could have prevented this... maybe it's time. Not sure I am ready to lose the great almost-black blue of the raw 3xxx denim quite yet since I know I'll never get it back.

What I really love about these jeans though is that the subtle changes in color after washes is always great, so I have no concern about one day getting 20+ washes on my 3001s.

Heads up for others if you want to avoid/anticipate these types of tears:

I have been wearing my 3001s everyday since June 1st 2007, and this tear started showing up maybe late-ish November. 1 soak at 3 days, no washes.

i think the problem with the bigger waists is the hem gets too big to get a sidneylo type of fit...

but thats just me

I was thinking the same thing, but once I actually got to try the jeans on(32s), they fit pretty similar to his. I guess its just all about proportion. I don't really know how big Sidney is, and I don't think i'm THAT much larger, but I guess it all evens out.

I was thinking the same thing, but once I actually got to try the jeans on(32s), they fit pretty similar to his. I guess its just all about proportion. I don't really know how big Sidney is, and I don't think i'm THAT much larger, but I guess it all evens out.

well i did own them

being im shorter and fatter than sidney, i didn't really get the look i wanted... i think i would have had to hem them a bit and it would have been okay, cause longer jeans with the bigger hem don't seem to sit too well