The Flat Head 3001

fadeaway

I'm interested in buying FH 3001 or F310s and wanted some advice.

I currently own a pair of APC NS (sz 30) and Nudie Average Joe (sz 32), actual waist size is around 32. Wanted to get a pair that was somewhere in b/w these two, maybe a bit closer to the avg joes. So I want a pair b/w 11-11.5in in the thigh and b/w 8-8.5in at the hem. I understand that the FH shrink a lot after the first soak...trying to decide on the size.

Btw, I'm 6ft 165lbs.

I'm interested in buying FH 3001 or F310s and wanted some advice.

I currently own a pair of APC NS (sz 30) and Nudie Average Joe (sz 32), actual waist size is around 32. Wanted to get a pair that was somewhere in b/w these two, maybe a bit closer to the avg joes. So I want a pair b/w 11-11.5in in the thigh and b/w 8-8.5in at the hem. I understand that the FH shrink a lot after the first soak...trying to decide on the size.

Btw, I'm 6ft 165lbs.

I'd definitely go with a size 32.. If you've got a little room do a hot soak for an hour and you'll be fine, if you don't have much room do a quicker luke-warm soak..

Ok, i've been reading pretty much the whole thread, but I just can't figure this out. Is it possible to soak these without losing 4 inches on the inseam? I would like to have at least an inseam of 35". And if it's possible, how do I do this?

They won't shrink 4".. They'll shrink between 2" and 2.75"..

mine shrank about 3.25 on my hot soak ( 2hours hot as possible water out of the tap)

That's surprising.. You probably got every single bit of shrinking out of the way, i doubt they'll shrink much at all when you wash them again.

I'd definitely go with a size 32.. If you've got a little room do a hot soak for an hour and you'll be fine, if you don't have much room do a quicker luke-warm soak..

Yea I was thinking of getting them in 32, which have a thigh of 11.3 and hem of 8.3 which is exactly what I'm looking for. I'm worried though that the intial soak will make them too tight for my liking.

Yea I was thinking of getting them in 32, which have a thigh of 11.3 and hem of 8.3 which is exactly what I'm looking for. I'm worried though that the intial soak will make them too tight for my liking.

Then just size up one.

How much do the thighs and hem shrink after the inital soak..I've read somewhere that it's about .6in

Thigh shrinks about .5" and the leg opening shrinks about .4"..

I have been reading throught his thread and when people say they did a cold soak, how cold do you mean? I have ordered some of the take 5 3001 cut jeans and dont want them to shrink too much but still want them soaked. Sidney you have a perfect length on yours (35.5 i think you said). Exactly haw long/ what temp should i soak for?

EDIT: Sidney you also said all jeans measured 36 actually are 37 in length, is this the case with all of them, or just some?

Thanks

Hey guy!! I've been reading this thread and I understand you guys have already received a lot of questions about 3001/F310 sizing. However, I would be really grateful if I could get some suggestions before purchasing my first pair of raw jeans.

Thus, I normally wear Diesel jeans in size 28 or 29, and my waist measurement is about 32". I checked the measurement chart on selfedge.com, and I'm trying to decide whether I should get W31 or W32. Besides, I like tight fit, but I'm not sure if I would be ok with W31. By the way, I'm 5ft 10" and 147lbs.

I really need some advises, and every opinion is greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!:)

Hey guy!! I've been reading this thread and I understand you guys have already received a lot of questions about 3001/F310 sizing. However, I would be really grateful if I could get some suggestions before purchasing my first pair of raw jeans.

Thus, I normally wear Diesel jeans in size 28 or 29, and my waist measurement is about 32". I checked the measurement chart on selfedge.com, and I'm trying to decide whether I should get W31 or W32. Besides, I like tight fit, but I'm not sure if I would be ok with W31. By the way, I'm 5ft 10" and 147lbs.

I really need some advises, and every opinion is greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!:)

You need a size 31, for sure.

ha ha kiya gave me neg rep because ive ordered from take 5 and not him!

I gave you neg rep for not reading the 41 pages of info...

Get 31, most likely. I am 30/31 in Diesel, and the rule I followed was Diesel(Safado) size + 3, so I got the W33. W32 would have been absolute murder.

Ugh

Cold soak almost always means water from the faucet cold, no ice or anything but don't turn the hot water on. I don't think sidney took the exact temperature of his water before soaking but it's really not that important, just turn on the cold water on the tap...

As for inseam, you misunderstood him. What sidney said was is it general knowledge that jeans that are tagged with a 36 inch inseam (i.e. size 31x36) actually measure 37 inches presoak. It's like jeans that are tagged 34 will measure 35 inches presoak (such as in the 310s, 3001s, 380s etc). All of them will have a 37 inch inseam presoak, I'd say it'll be plus or minus half an inch just to be safe.

Ugh

Cold soak almost always means water from the faucet cold, no ice or anything but don't turn the hot water on. I don't think sidney took the exact temperature of his water before soaking but it's really not that important, just turn on the cold water on the tap...

As for inseam, you misunderstood him. What sidney said was is it general knowledge that jeans that are tagged with a 36 inch inseam (i.e. size 31x36) actually measure 37 inches presoak. It's like jeans that are tagged 34 will measure 35 inches presoak (such as in the 310s, 3001s, 380s etc). All of them will have a 37 inch inseam presoak, I'd say it'll be plus or minus half an inch just to be safe.

HE'S DROPPlN' MAD KNOWL3DG3.

respek.