The Flat Head 3001

fadeaway

If you wear size 30ish in your jeans, I would suggest a 38 or 40 depending on how relaxed you like your silhouette to be. 36 is small... hella grimey. Only the likes of Sidreyro could wear 36 just so he can steal his girlfriend's grey/blk houndstooth to round out the collection...

As for the fit, it's slim, if you wear 30 and that's how they look get a 30 or 31.

sidneylo, your 3001's seem way tapered than mine, UNFAIR!

mine looks like friggin boot cut :(

Could just be that we have different body shapes. If you got a bit more hip it might create the illusion of a wider hem... IMO.

Is there anywhere down in the OC/LA area that carries FHs? I would like to check them out in person before I decide to buy.

You'll need to head up north to Self Edge, until they open up their store down here (which probably won't be anytime soon).

You'll need to head up north to Self Edge, until they open up their store down here (which probably won't be anytime soon).

Yea I figured SE was the closest place, but I just thought I'd ask to make sure. Thanks.

qom was one of the first people on superfuture to get 3001s. I think we were telling him only to remove the "ribbons" to turn them into levi's arcs but he took the whole stitch off instead, still looks good though.

Yeah, you did, too late though :P

I regret it now, although I've heard that the stiching usually come off of itself after awhile of heavy wear.

Thanks for your comments

What's weird is, I saw those backpocket designs, and it also had a red-tab with it. Wasn't that new design suppose to not have any infringing. lol, maybe the guy sewed it on himself.

There was a limited version, with the fronteir pocket stitching, red tab and regular shaped pockets.

fh-3001-ltd-06.jpg

They're 29s which is my size with most denim. Pretty much true to size. I'm about the same height and weight as sidneylo so I figured I'd get the same size as him since I like the fit on his. I'm about 5"11 130lbs. They had one warm soak for about 45 min. Thanks for the input

I believe a 27. I also ordered a size 29 for the 4001BK instead of the 27, I think if I did get a 27, it'd be way too small (I'd be risking too much). I hope they don't have no hip flare or something, cause I intend on not washing for like forever. I'm also about 5'11 and skinny as hell.

I'm in that boat...but am thinking I'm gonna go for the 3001 for now.

Are the measurements on SE pre-soak, I'm assuming?

Yes, they're presoak.

5-6 mos back, I got the last pair of 31's from 2nd w/ arcs + tabs that were infamously tight even pre-soak. Following is a picture...

FlatHead3.jpg

I couldn't even get them on post-soak and I wound up selling them to Beatle. I lost weight since then. I want to get a new pair, but - if they really shrink continue shrinking even after 3-6 washes - I don't know if I should get the 32 and only cold soak and wash them or get the 33's and warm soak and wash.

I wear a 31 in almost everything, 28 in APC NS.

Is that general advice, or to jaspar? I'm near to buying some F310s for a friend. He's got stick-thin legs and a true 30 waist.

That was for Jaspar.

For almost anybody else i'd say size up one, they shrink like mad and don't stretch much.