ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

thanks, folks, for all your prayers.

THe box is well-battered. BIzarrely, it has a customs payable stamp, which normally means you get a card thru your door and have to collect it at the depot, like I did with Charlie's. Never known this before, probably because of that huge backlog in the warehouse. SO at least all that waiting saved me £11.89. WHat shall I spend it on?

Pics later, but thanks again...

How beautiful to see them in the flesh. Lots of details I didn't see from the photos - the really trim waistband. which looks really distinctive with full size beltloops. THat gorgeous coin pocket. THat gungy buckle that looks as if Mike Harris found it down a mine. The minimal lemon statching on the fly placket and hems alone. That's on top of all the lovely detailing I've seen on the photos, like the pocket bags. Mine have mild loom chatter on one thigh.

Line up the waist, and its true size is 33 raw (I asked for 32 post-wash). About the same as my 55 LVC which were 32 measured BiG-style. SImilar flare out from the waistband so I'm hopeful on sizing. I have one chapter I need to correct before I try them on, then run the bath.

I am definitely drinking tonight.

Happy new year Paul

As my great buddy Matthew McConaghey would say, "Alright, Alright, Alright."

Thanks,folks, really appreciated. Doc is right, it's like my year just started, I've spent two weeks where I haven't gone out of the house before the postie calls at 1pm... maybe I shall be out and about now. Seriously looking forward to the next nearly-twelve-months.

Here are the jeans with a raw chambray Lofgren shirt - what do you guys think, hot wash or cold wash the shirt for shrinkage?

I'm thinking just cold wash for minimal shrink...

p1210026.jpg

p1210025h.jpg

I am wearing the same shirt right now. I love it. A little short in length, but great nonetheless.

Thanks,folks, really appreciated. Doc is right, it's like my year just started, I've spent two weeks where I haven't gone out of the house before the postie calls at 1pm... maybe I shall be out and about now. Seriously looking forward to the next nearly-twelve-months.

Great stuff Paul - so happy for ya! :)

Mike & Zissou - looking good!

Still snowy & cold as hell here... I admit I am pleasantly surprised that the Roys are keeping me warm!

2e078738.jpg

Just want to add my congrats to Paul, for finally the wait is over,

YOU NOW HAVE YOUR ROY's !

Now we just need to work on the jacket solution :)

@Zissou, Riff, DocBlue and Mikecch - fits are looking good chaps.

(will try and get the GF to take a couple of pix this saturday, and post them before my flight)

Yay Paul! So glad your postie finally woke up.

Not to belabor a point, and I know it's breaking a rule, but:

We don't have to have a hard end date- those who got their jeans late could keep wearing theirs for the appropriate length of time after those of us who started on Jan 1st stop, or at least turn in our final photos.

I know this notion was rejected earlier, but maybe no one anticipate their jeans being three weeks late.

I'd hate to have any remorse about winning, I'd prefer to know in my heart that I beat everyone on an entirely even footing.

Maybe Paul, Pomata, Lost, the Clerk & other especially late recipients could confer and reach a consensus?

thanks, folks, for all your prayers.

THe box is well-battered. BIzarrely, it has a customs payable stamp, which normally means you get a card thru your door and have to collect it at the depot, like I did with Charlie's. Never known this before, probably because of that huge backlog in the warehouse. SO at least all that waiting saved me £11.89. WHat shall I spend it on?

You realize that card has been sitting on your hall table for like three weeks now, and you could have picked them up at any time?

Since we're all having a drink to celebrate....

5375574281_2fc3900486_z.jpg[/img]

Congratulations Paul, it felt like waiting for a birth. Now for that London meet up?

By the way, Riff - How comes you have so many wonderful coats!?

And no I didn't get the Russells, I think I will order some this year though.

He's not answering as he is busy soaking them in the bath as we speak.

Or he has spilt clam sauce all over them :[

The former!

fit2-1.jpg

bath.jpg

cheers.jpg

Too desperate for a drink to wear them in a bath. Waist is pretty much perfect size as is. ROY's measurements do make sense to me, but you have to got for actual size, the real circumference, rather than doubling the width. So I used the trusty 'piece of wood' method. THey're in the bath now, water at 70 degrees C.