ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

i was so clever to tell my better half from the very beginning.cheated on the price by a good amount,though.

I sold three pairs - two pairs 47 and a 555 201 - to make sure I had the cash and justify the insane amount of time this has taken. It has made absolutely no difference. I would describe the looks more as caring and sympathetic, as of someone with a mental disorder, than disapproving, strictly speaking.

To her sufu is 'that otaku forum'

Well it's always been denim, shoes or records so she is used to it now.

Anyway I am high on prescription drugs trying to numb the pain in my back from shifting too heavy boxes of records... so don't listen to my ramblings.

I don't even bother to explain my illness to anyone.

Oh, and for the record, I tried to rep all of you contest heads, and roy6 was the only one I could rep without having to spread. You all deserve a huge amount of credit for putting this contest together. When I first saw the black seed denim in the (expurgated) thread, I just assumed this was for the next gen of ROYs. I was totally and utterly clueless...

I know this message will get lost in the soup of forthcoming posts, but I'd just like to say a big Thankyou to Paul, Almost, Roy6 and Rnr for getting this whole contest off the ground.

(..and if you're reading this thread, Roy, a big thankyou to you for all your effort in producing what looks like the most beautifull piece of clothing I'll ever own, next to my GW. jacket that is.. )

I will do my upmost to do them justice!

:)

Yeah, if I'm lucky enough to get in I don't know how I'll tell the GF. She is pretty used to it by now though. I might have to liquidate some nice bike parts to cover the cost.

I would also like to say a big 'thank you' to all those involved in the effort of putting this together, you all rule and this is regardless of if I get a pair.

thats true doc, thanks for making this happen guys, great dedication and work on your side. hope we can do it justics by wearing the hell out of em. cant wait. i will meet up with markus for some pics whenever it starts.

thats true doc, thanks for making this happen guys, great dedication and work on your side. hope we can do it justics by wearing the hell out of em. cant wait. i will meet up with markus for some pics whenever it starts.

looking forward to this(and the beers we will have).

best bit for me are the frontpockets,like on very early models ant the mf riders,so comfy if you like to put your hands in.no saucy comments on this please,the shit-talking thread is moved to superthrash.

Of course true. Thanks again to you guyz!

Paul, do you have any info about the leather patch (if there is one)?

I've got a feeling that this fabric will stretch a lot...is there any suggestion or a sizing advice besides Roys nonchalant "...I'll do the math for you"???

No. No more advice.

ROY has done a new design for just 30 jeans. He's spent time thinking about it, wondering what approach to go for. He has to size it to whatever pattern. He has to accommodate the shrinkage of an entirely new faric which shrinks in a different way to his old Cone fabric. Even if he modifies and redoes this design later (and I have no info he will) he will have to redo all of his patterns.

I figure he has gone so far beyond what we could reasonably expect for $195 that we take the jeans as they are, and accept his nonchalance. I stress that ROY is a hugely enthusiastic, helpful guy, but he's run a fuckin' marathon for us. I think we have to go with what he says. I trust him.

Official contestant line-up:

1- dr. house

2- Dr_Heech

3-Entertainment

4-Joseph Hill

5-Zissou

6-eltopo

7-Fardin

8-Riff

9-Sansome1877

10-Rnrswitch

11-almostnice

12-PaulT

13-Roy6

14-shortylong

15-Dkatz

16-Erk

17-Cash

18-Pomata

19-Fre$co

20-TG76

21-TheClerk

22-Medine

23-aho

24-robbie

25-ThisSunday

26- DocBlue

27-Ranonranonarat

Before announcing the last few people who are in the contest I will say that it really did not bring us great pleasure to have to turn people down on this one. I think for all of us Roy6, Paul T, almostnice and myself, we felt like gatekeepers or ROY nazis ("No ROY for you!") and that you needed to come through us to get the goods. It brought us no pleasure, alright just a little, but not much. I was crying my eyes out, but Roy6 was reveling in the power. His eyes turned deep red, horns grew from his forehead, and smoke from his goddamn ears.

Thanks to all that applied, but in life there are winners and losers and the dudes that get the last 3 spots are:

Farhad

Lostinthesupermarket

mikecch

If you didn't make it, there is still hope if people dropout and if people size these babies wrong. We hope if people get the wrong size they pass them off to another sufuer for the same sweet deal.

Also, if you are feeling really sad and down-n-out right now cuz you didn't make the cut, just remember to neg rep Roy6. He came up with this crazy idea and without his idea you wouldn't feel so left out. If you didn't make it the chances are that I was pushing for you to make the cut, but Roy6 scratched your name from the list.

grooveholmes, you were among the first, but there were several people before you, you and others are people we would love to have had in. But there weren't enough jeans. What can we say?

Edit: I checked, there were about 50 people before you. I have received about 115 PMs up to this morning, and maybe 70-100 emails before that. People didn't make it, I wish more had but remember, we are adding to the sum of human happiness, not taking away. Or rather, ROY and Cone are - we are only their handmaidens.

No. No more advice.

ROY has done a new design for just 30 jeans. He's spent time thinking about it, wondering what approach to go for. He has to size it to whatever pattern. He has to accommodate the shrinkage of an entirely new faric which shrinks in a different way to his old Cone fabric. Even if he modifies and redoes this design later (and I have no info he will) he will have to redo all of his patterns.

I figure he has gone so far beyond what we could reasonably expect for $195 that we take the jeans as they are, and accept his nonchalance. I stress that ROY is a hugely enthusiastic, helpful guy, but he's run a fuckin' marathon for us. I think we have to go with what he says. I trust him.

Amen

that is the most exiting part of the contest imo : new denim, new pattern, no one knows how it will fit exactly. only 30 made.... that is so cool.

definitely happy to be part of it.

and congrats to you, Roy6, rnr and Markus for all the work done.